The best shot of the round

Short (300 yards) par 4 with OB left and huge towering trees right that protect from people trying to drive the green without a huge slice. Also off the fairway right is this:

3effa3a03cf3ed058f4ec5456456865d.jpg

A pushed 5 wood left me in that position and I had 87 left to the hole. Hacked a SW out to here:

191c35236ae2852e17cbb9d7e23f94fe.jpg

11 feet from the hole and then....

4b9e2f58a1146c60e551c68f9ab55f3d.jpg

First birdie of the day!

Guess it would be one of the two 15' birdies I hit today. Both downhill left to right. No real amazing shots to choose from

I'd have to say my best shot was the 253 yd drive on the 16th hole at The Home Course on Sunday.

173 yard par 3. 8 iron to 18 inches.

524 par 5. Hit a 3 wood out of a shaggy lie from 245 yds to 15 feet. Missed the eagle putt (got the birdie) but the shot was absolutely pure.

Sunday: 186 par three. My 23 degree hybrid shot hit the flag, deflected down, made a ball mark a few inches from the hole and kicked out to about five feet where I made a rare birdie on this difficult hole.

Last hole of the day. Par 5 third shot. 87 yards uphill. I take PW and hit a partial shot that runs up and stops 5' from the hole. Get the birdie. Way to end the round.

Two shots on #17. Dogleg left par 5.

Pulled the drive a bit and missed the FW left. I had a decent lie just in front of two mounds with 275 left to the hole. I hit my 3w and my 3 & 4 hybrids pretty low and was concerned about getting the ball up over the mounds so I grabbed 6i (longest club I had for which I still felt good about getting the ball in the air quickly), aimed for the 100y marker and pulled the trigger. Ended up 3 yards right of my intended line and 10 yards short of the 100y marker... damn near exactly where I wanted it.

I had 110 left to the middle of the green. The pin was in the back and just a touch uphill so I figured it was playing about 125. Took a full PW that bounced on the fringe and rolled to 5 feet. Made the putt for birdie :bananadance:

Sunday 09/06/15 par 5 2nd shot 217 over tree.. under a tree by green rolls up to 8 feet for eagle with 4 hybrid. In May #9 143 yrds 9 iron straight in the cup hole in one no bounce no roll.

164yd Par 3 7I in beautiful high cut, bounced in front of the cup and rolled right in for a HIO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tried to cut a downhill dogleg & overcooked the fade ... landed on adjacent fairway (par 5). Had 150yds in but had to go over tall pine trees. From rough, hit a pure 8i ... amazingly cleared the trees & rolled up to fringe & made birdie.

Amazing how high you can hit a golf ball - I really didn't think I was going to get over those trees ....

Last edited:
120 yards down wind, blind pin. Hit 100 yard club right at the pin. Landed 3 foot from pin....then missed the putt. But drained a 25 footer for Par on the next hole.

last round, flew the 18th green and settled on a hill with a trap between ball and green. pin was tucked 4 or 5 paces from the trap. opened up my 58* and floated a sweet flop. landed on fringe, released to 2 feet past the pin. made the putt

Had two today...

1. 45 foot birdie putt on a tough par 5 on the front nine.
2. Stuck my 52* wedge less than a foot from the hole on a 121yd par 3 for a tap in bird.

2 iron off the tee past my buddies driver shot. Then followed it up with a bubba slice around a tree on a dogleg to the middle of the fairway to birdie a par 5.

Probably my bogie putt from about 35 feet.

Well the 10th hole is a short par 5. It really should be a par 4, but it still would be a par 5 for us girls. I ripped my drive, but still pulled it where I do not want to be... into the trees, however the lie wasn't as bad as it looked. So my second shot I thought I'd try and hit a hook with my 8 iron 145 yds. and I dropped it about 18 ft from the hole. I had a downhill breaking putt and I dropped it in for my first eagle. Which one of the last two was the best shot?

Yesterday it was a series of shots,2 holes in a row. First was a launched 3 wood just to the end of the fairway where the ravine crosses about 285 out. Missed it by 4 years,a flip lob wedge to 5 feet...drained for birdie. Next hole in a long par 5 536 a little uphill with a ravine about 60 yards from the green. Hit another bullet 3 wood, hybrid just off the green. Chipped it within 4 feet and drained the putt for 2 birdies in a row. 2 of the toughest holes on the course might I add.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Make that 3 shots. Hit a perfect 5 iron to the pin on a par 3. Unfortunately, due to lack of maintenance of cutting overhanging branches of a tree, ball hits a branch and lands 60 yards short. Pitch goes straight again for the pin and hits the pin to stop 6 feet from the hole. Putt goes in. The par that would not be denied.

SW from a little under 100 yards. Bounced off the pin, thought it was going in.

58b1c7c2c21d7a234b72375ced43286f.jpg

Par 5 13th and I was 76y from the flag. MD3 54* to 2 feet for the easy birdie.

Such a fantastic wedge.

Hit a knockdown 54* from under a tree to 4" to save par. Playing partners told me I burned the edge for birdie.

That was a Par 5. Here's how I played the hole:

1) Pulled driver badly into left trees, almost OB

2) Hit punch shot from inside cypress tree 10 yards forward

3) hit 5W from under tree to right trees about 200 yards away.

4) Knockdown 54* from under tree (this time in the right trees)

5) Tap in for Par.

Just like I drew it up...

Probably my tee shot on the par 5 #18. Just absolutely bombed a drive to perfect position and set up my finishing Eagle.

Back