what part of your game suffers the most after some time off with no play or practice

My driving is held together with duct tape and spit when I’m getting practice. When I take time off, even just skipping a weekly round, that seems to be the first to go. It usually comes back after 9 holes. I practice full shots, wedges, and putting during the week so those stay about as sharp as I can expect at my level. Still need some improvement on my approach before I can devote more time to driver.

driving. I am an outlier in that when I come back after a layoff my short game is usually improved. I get out of my own head stop thinking of all the stuff I am supposed to do and usually have pretty good success. The driver though...Saturday it stayed in the bag on all but two holes. 1 ob followed by a slightly below average that found the fairway, then the next hole I pulled it out I skied it high short and left.

The short game was pretty magical though

For me it is iron play, which is weird because it is the best part of my game. I think it’s because my short game and putting can’t possibly get any worse, and my tee game always just seems to hold steady.

being its the best part is probably why you can more easily notice the most loss when your not on.

Pitching. It's not so much a feel thing as a mechanics thing. After a decent break, I find I have to go out, and redo the drills my instructor gave me years ago get my pitching mechanic back. After that, the feel comes pretty quickly, just because the mechanical part hasn't changed in probably 3 years.

~Rock

All of it...my swing has been up and down since this time 3 years ago, regardless of practice.

Approaches with irons/full wedges. Usually I can still manage to drive average and chip/putt well without practice or playing a lot but missing greens is common for me when I haven’t played in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everything! I'm so rusty. Have only 40 rounds on the year, when I used to get in 100+. I was so much sharper then

Around the greens and putting. Full swing however get a little boost for me. I got sick before the thanksgiving holidays and took a few days off then more days off, just went back an played a round. Hit 14 fairways and got on all par 3 in reg, but still shot 78. Hmmm! That’s Golf.

Connection - my swing will fall out of sync very easily if I don't play or hit balls once a week. It will happen with any club. More than 6 days in between play and/or practice and it's a struggle off the tee or into a green. Lately it's been getting out of a bunker. Just so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irons for me. I generally top EVERYTHING the first 2 rounds after winter is over. Just takes a few rounds to find the bottom of the swing again. It's ugly.

Back