THP effect on your equipment choices

DH27

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
About 15
How much do the reviews and buzz on THP play in your equipment choices? I look at all my past purchases and I did not realize how much this forum played in my decision process the past couple of years.

Callaway Epic driver driven by reviews, and buzz on THP. Purchased after a fitting
3 Cobra F7 hybrids purchased on THP marketplace after looking at the reviews and feedback on THP.
Snell golf balls....THP turned me on to these.
3 Cleavland RTX 2.0 CB wedges. Again purchased on THP marketplace after looking at the reviews and a demo
Callaway O Works #1 putter won on THP.

Thing is I am very happy with all of these. Thank you THP for a place to look at and evaluate equipment.

It has certainly influenced a few purchases. Mainly the buzz just makes me want to demo a club and then it’s numbers from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything I buy with the exception of clothing and food pretty much comes from reading reviews. Love to read reviews done by real hackers, and the hard work that goes in to reviewing makes it more great to read.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

THP has 100% changed my golf purchasing habits - in the best way possible

THP has influenced nearly every gear purchase since I bought the Di11s some 5 years ago or so. I know that the golfers who post reviews here really aren't "internet golfers" and I can trust their input. If someone says they're a 22 hdcp who fights a slice, and a driver really helped them hit more fairways, then I know that's a legit review and if that description fits me too, it's something to take a look at.

1000% THP influences my decisions. I only wish I found it sooner as I purchased some clubs blindly and would not have not had I discovered this resource....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I never buy blindly. If I have a need to fill it starts here with research.

I’ve been a big equipment junkie for at least 15 years and THP was certainly a factor in recent equipment switches, including Snell and my Epic SZ. The Snell MTB is my gamer now. I also love to read many of the shaft/head reviews here especially related to launch and spin to help me narrow my choices. I was never a huge advocate of launch monitors and now partially due to THP, I’m just a few months away from purchasing a GC2!:act-up:

Reviews on THP have certainly impacted my buying decisions for the better over the past 4.5 years. Certain OEM mental roadblocks no longer exist.

Pretty much the only place I go is THP. If the buzz of an item is enough to get me interested and looking further then I will, but here is where I hear it first.

JM

The staff does and fantastic job with the reviews - add in the fact that I’ve played golf with them and seen their games and I can take certain information and apply it to my own goes a long way in terms of me making decisions with equipment

This topics come up before and is always a good discussion.

For myself, 100% of what is in my bag (including bag) came from either A. A review on this site, B. A contest on this site, C. A purchase from a member on this site.

I just pulled the trigger on the Bushnell Pro X2 rangefinder because of a review by Canadan. He planted the seed earlier this year and it finally took root.

Recently THP did a video on customizing the Seemore's and now that seeds planted again. Looking for a Fitting and putting one in the bag (again).

THP has definitely had an effect on my purchasing. It's helped me become more informed on what might fit my game and helped prevent me from buying something I might not like. On the flip side it's also driven me to try equipment I never would have considered.

I like using the reviews as a guide or others experience with a product. But in the end, I want to buy something I usually don't have an issue pulling the trigger regardless of how the reviews turn out on here and the internet in general.

THP has definitely had an effect on my purchases not only with the reviews but also when other THP members test the equipment out or buy them also and post their experiences with their new equipment. Not living close to major big box stores, I rely on THP to provide me with the information I need to make a smart decision.

THP has effected my equipment purchases. It has opened my eyes to brands and products I would have not tested or bought. I know have these products in the bag.

THP buzz and hype will certainly steer me in certain directions but I still try to test everything for myself before buying.

THP had completely changed the way I view and purchase equipment. Reviews and feedback led me to try brands and types of equipment I never would have and my bag shows it.

THP has a huge impact on all my golf purchases. I've always been a research junkie and an internet search for irons is what led me to THP in the first place. There are things that definitely would not be in my bag if not for the reviews by THP staff, threads about products and contests/events.

Being a member of THP has also driven me to become a better golfer. I really don't know why but I have worked harder on my game than I probably would have going from a 30+ HC to trending to a 16 for the next update since becoming a member. Coincidence? I think not...

THP has influenced all my equipment decisions in many ways. It's where I first learn something might be coming out and what it might do. Often straight from the design/marketing team, weeks, maybe months earlier. The staff reviews are just done so well. There is just no way to come remotely close to the value of the info in the reviews/discussion I get from other hackers here. It comes with a frame of reference that can't be topped because often it's straight from guys I've golfed with, studied live on the range or short game area, or at the very least I've read about their games and probably seen them swing it on video. THP has shared pre-release equipment with me to test and review and THPers step up HUGE there too. I've had the chance to first try so many new things, often well before they are available locally, from generous THPers sharing their excitement with their new gear. I mean where else will you first meet a guy and within 5 minutes he's saying 'you gotta hit this ****, I got just it yesterday, it's effin incredible'? Yet many of the very best clubs I've bought were first hit in scenarios exactly like this.

It has a massive influence. I wasn't a club ho before THP. But for THP I'd probablyhappily stick with whatever is in my bag. On top of that, THP reviews and feedback drive interest in particular things. Example: I currently want a G400 SFT and/or F8 driver even though I'm very happy with my F7.

It effects it for sure. THP has some great staff writers and reviewers, and also the way they let members review products. I still like to try things first is possible, but I have made several purchases off of reviews from here.

Oh yeah. Absolutely. I’ve got clothes, clubs, balls; all based on reviews from here

I really follow, and have learned the writing style of one particular reviewer here, when that reviewer is really exciting about a product, I make sure I check it out ... so now I actually come here to read reviews before making a purchase.

But ... in one case I was not looking, but read the best review I have seen this reviewer write, went and bought the club ... its honestly the best club in the bag for that distance range.

Back