Drivers with alignment aids

Thorpeto

I like golf.
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Cleveland Hibore Monster lately because of the user friendly alignment aid on it. I find that one of my biggest problems is having confidence of when setting up my driver for a shot, is that I have it going in the correct direction. Does anyone have any ideas of other drivers that would have a user friendly alignment aid on it?

I've been looking at the Cleveland Hibore Monster lately because of the user friendly alignment aid on it. I find that one of my biggest problems is having confidence of when setting up my driver for a shot, is that I have it going in the correct direction. Does anyone have any ideas of other drivers that would have a user friendly alignment aid on it?

I think most of them do have some sort of alignment aid now

Actually, the Cleveland DST doesnt have one and thats something I dont like. The Callaway Diablo Edge has a very nice alignment aid on it. I know TM's usually have one too. I prefer them too.

I prefer nothing at all except a black top on the driver. It took me a long time to get accustomed to the graphics on top of my TM Burner. I still don't like them, but I do tolerate them better.

Actually, the Cleveland DST doesnt have one and thats something I dont like. The Callaway Diablo Edge has a very nice alignment aid on it. I know TM's usually have one too. I prefer them too.

I noticed that as well when I hit it too. I definitely prefer soem sort of aid

Is there a reason why someone couldn't add their own alignment aid? Would it be OK to say add a thin white line down the middle that was perpendicular to the clubface?

Steven :confused2:

I think that a simple dot denoting the center of the face is all that's really needed. But if a clubmaker decides to put a line or a word (or name) perpendicular to the face, that's OK too and in fact could actually help in determining how "open" or "closed" the face is when manipulating it for draws or fades.

The only issue I have with factory center marks is whether or not they are actually centered on the mass of the clubhead or are simply placed in a spot based on a measurement.

I guess drivers may not be so critical when it comes to such things, but I HAVE come across more than a few putters over the years whose center lines or dots are not really on center when "tap tested" and I sometimes have to go through several putters from the rack to find the ones that are accurately marked.

But overall I think alignment aids are either helpful or annoying depending on the club and the person using it; some people find them useful - even necessary, while others see them as superfluous and unnecessary. My only requirement is that if they're going to be there, they ought to be accurate.

-JP

I use a ruler and a sharpie to draw a vertical line where I want to hit it on the face of any club that's giving me trouble. The line easily scrubs off. To mark the top of woods, I have cut up stickers to make very small, thin strips to use for alignment. But whether you want your clubs to look like that is a matter of personal taste and pride.

Back