Big gap in my bag

Chopper81

Reaction score
Handicap
8.4 WHS
As the title says, I have a big gap in my bag. Carry my driver 255, 3 wood around 230 and 4 iron about 200!
So I’ve got a big gap and I’ve tried 3 iron which doesn’t really go any further than my 4 iron, hybrids tend to go very left on me! Any advice???

What about a 5 wood or something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 wood. I don’t hit hybrids well but love 4 or 5 woods. I can choke down on my 4 wood and hit it 215 or hit a hard draw with it and get 245+ out of it.

Big gap in my bag

you could try a heavenwood. i love my titleist 818 h1 hybrid. it is not a hook machine. h2 should be even more fade bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Try a 5 or 7 wood that is adjustable. The Cobra F7 can be adjusted for a draw bias.

As the title says, I have a big gap in my bag. Carry my driver 255, 3 wood around 230 and 4 iron about 200!
So I’ve got a big gap and I’ve tried 3 iron which doesn’t really go any further than my 4 iron, hybrids tend to go very left on me! Any advice???

Are these average carry distances? I'm assuming you want to find a club you can hit 215 yards comfortably. If your 3 iron doesn't carry longer than your 4, and you can't hit a hybrid well, it's going to be tough to pick a club for you based on the info given. There are so many variables at play. The most obvious answer is a wood that is in a loft and length that results in a 215 yard carry for you. Otherwise you have to learn to hit a hybrid or 3 iron; or just play golf with your "bag gap".

Get fitted with a hybrid or driving iron that fills the gap.

7 wood. That’s what I did. 5 wood crept to close to my 3 wood.

I play a 19* driving 2 iron, my 4 iron is 24 degree so it gaps nice.

I would agree with 3 wood. The new Cleveland HB 5w absolutely crushes it. I love this club

Cheers guys, yes these are average carry distances off a gap test session and course data.

I want to hit a driving iron, but would need a fitting as I've bought them before and not got any joy without fitting. Going to have to look out for a decent place for a fitting.

Back