What Ping sole and grind = Vokey M grind?

objxtn

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking to get a new lob wedge. I currently play the Vokey 58.08 M grind. I love its versatility, and I want something as close as possible to it in the Glide 2.0. Would I get the 58/SS with a lob combo grind? I worry the TS wouldn't have enough forgiveness with my slightly digging swing on full shots. I want some forgiveness on full swings, but am able to open it wide open for flops when needed without the problem of a high leading edge and skulling it with the face open. Anyone with any experience or knowledge on this would be very helpful!

I am looking to get a new lob wedge. I currently play the Vokey 58.08 M grind. I love its versatility, and I want something as close as possible to it in the Glide 2.0. Would I get the 58/SS with a lob combo grind? I worry the TS wouldn't have enough forgiveness with my slightly digging swing on full shots. I want some forgiveness on full swings, but am able to open it wide open for flops when needed without the problem of a high leading edge and skulling it with the face open. Anyone with any experience or knowledge on this would be very helpful!

If you need something designed for a steeper angle of attack then WS grind is going to be your best bet.

If you need something designed for a steeper angle of attack then WS grind is going to be your best bet.

I just don't like the looks of it. I'm not that steep, I mainly want it to be the same as the M grind when I open the face up. I just don't want a razor thin sole either.

I had the ts grind on my i15 pw. Never had any issues with it at all. I didn’t game a gap wedge for a while and it allowed my pitching wedge to serve both spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious why you want to move from something you know works for you, especially given that the new Vokeys will be out soon. However, given your parameters, and having tried a couple of grinds in the Ping Glide 2s, I would suggest the SS. The TS is fairly demanding and will dig. It requires precision for sure. The SS is fairly versatile and can be opened as you desire for flops.

Back