What is your #1 spot in the bag to replace this year?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Title says it, as we get closer to 2018 and with winter setting in on many so they can do nothing but read internet forums and think about equipment :alien:, what is your #1 part of the bag to replace this year? Why?

Driver for me. I'm finally going to be fit for the first time ever and am looking forward to actually have a shaft and head combo that I know is correct for me.

Title says it, as we get closer to 2018 and with winter setting in on many so they can do nothing but read internet forums and think about equipment :alien:, what is your #1 part of the bag to replace this year? Why?
Driver because it is the worst club in my bag. Some of that is my swing, of course, but I'm convinced that if I can get that club figured out, my scores will drop.

Probably the 3h spot for me, I just need to get a handful of extra yards out of that spot in my bag. Still not sure if I want to go 2h, a distance 3h, or a 5W just yet. I kind of miss having a 5W.

• Staff
Driver because it is the worst club in my bag. Some of that is my swing, of course, but I'm convinced that if I can get that club figured out, my scores will drop.

That, more than anything else, is exactly what happened with me this year. I found drivers I had confidence in, and that let me stop playing swing, and start going after golf courses.

It's not much but probably my 60* wedge.

Well my driver was just replaced so I'm going to say irons will be the next possible change... Depending on what my Club Champion fitting says. Looking for better ball flight, lighter swing weight, and easier to hit long irons.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3 wood spot for me. I rarely use it either off the tee or off the deck. I was thinking about a 2 hybrid or a 4 or 5 wood. Just something a little more versatile and a club that might inspire a bit more confidence at address. I am not going for par 5s into and I really have success with hybrids.

Kind of easy considering what I'll be going thru next week, but in order, Putter-Driver-3wood.

Now since it's the #1 spot. The flatstick. It's that 14th club I ignored and never felt overly confident in my putter. I have worked on it this last month with speed, but lining up the logo line and line on the putter is just not for me.

Next week I would like to roll the 2ball O-Works and hope it's the one I love the most. I think the 2ball will be easier to align and aid for someone who doesn't like lining up the single line.

Wedges.
1. I didn’t like the ones I had.
2. I already got rid of them and need some.

Driver. Still have my original R1 from the AC invitational and I think I can find something alittle more forgiving. Just replaced wedges so that was my next go to

Wedges. Because mine are about worn out.

I am going to swap out my wedges to gap better with my current irons. Probably going 52/56/60...maybe go 52/58 and leave a spot open at the top to play with. Definitely going to add a hybrid and move my Heavenwood out.

Top to bottom for me with the unbelievable opportunity we're being given next week. :clapp:

looking to test a 7 wood instead of 4 iron.

I have a Baffler 5 wood I can hit pretty good. So the 5 wood moved up to replace the 3 wood and the hybrid took the 5 wood spot. I cannot hit a 3 wood at all.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Irons I think. I want graphite shafts to see if it helps with the elbow pain.

I am iron(s) deficient.

Irons. Weakest spot in the bag (although it may not be club related).

Will be looking at the new single length gear from Cobra.

I'll probably upgrade my hybrid and driver at some point BUT FIRST PRIORITY WILL BE MY PUTTER. I learned at a fitting that a 1/4 toe hang model would be a better match for my stroke and a generous THPer sent me some info detailing the issues of gaming a model that fights my natural stroke. I do wish toe hang info was more prevalent when trying to research putters. Anyone know of a good resource that sorts putters this way?

this doesn't mean it WILL get replaced, but the #1 spot would be fairway wood. i love my f7, but if the f8 or f8+ gives me similar playability and launch but more distance, i'll make the change.

i am back in love with my driver after kicking the epic out and going back to my trusty j815. my hybrid is new and already really enjoying it. irons are new thanks to ultimate club testing and they're working out great. wedges were replaced earlier this year and i really like them. putter has been fire (by my standards). i spent too much money on equipment this year, let's get it dialed in next year.

3 wood. I'm just ready for a change of scenery in that spot.

Probably driver if I see some benefit from the technology that has come out in the last year or so.

GW. I just pray that I don't hit it off the hosel every time that i pick it up.

GW. I should have got the set one but didn't. Now i need it, as I find myself at that distance 4 to 5 times a round.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back