The 2015 Gauntlet Live Update Thread

People are still asking Wardy how his handicap went from 4 to 8 in 30 days...:act-up:
#Gaijinwardy

I took one swing this week. Out of a bunker with one of the guys wedges after listening to Roger Cleveland discuss how to play the shot. Hit it like a boss. #ImAwesome #RangeWarrior
But what would have happened if Roger wasn't there? :angel:

Looks like it was a pretty fun event. Congrats to everyone on having an amazing time, and to PhillyV for the MVP honors!

But what would have happened if Roger wasn't there? :angel:

Sadly, I have no idea. Although I consider it the strongest part of my game. His tip about hand to knee to get weight forward stuck with me instantly.

People are still asking Wardy how his handicap went from 4 to 8 in 30 days...:act-up:

Simple - play poorly and have a 77, 75,75,73,69 all fall off. Lose a quarter of your good rounds and up she goes.

Did I miss what this was?! Totally forgot about it till just now lol
I totally forgot to take a picture but have a video. Let me post it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ahh the infamous late night drinking always wins, its destroyed many a chances for success over the past few years.

Team Jrod had some of the bigger guys so no way they drank enough to have any ill effects :)
Im not too sure about that. Colin spent saturday morning puking his brains out and then went on to play some extremely solid golf

Sadly, I have no idea. Although I consider it the strongest part of my game. His tip about hand to knee to get weight forward stuck with me instantly.
That was one of many really solid tips. The wedgeucation combined with the MD3 forms a deadly combination.

SOOOOO

Now that it is over and everyone but in so much time and effort into their games:

Do you feel like your game traveled well? Did you play to your index? If not, what do you think hurt you the most?

I would say that I played well this weekend. My handicap actually dropped after Sunday's round. I want to say I went 73 on Saturday's Shamble and 76 on Sunday match play with no pops either day. I do have to credit my rounds to great golf each day from everyone in my foursome because it really helped me stay focused and have fun!

I took one swing this week. Out of a bunker with one of the guys wedges after listening to Roger Cleveland discuss how to play the shot. Hit it like a boss. #ImAwesome #RangeWarrior
True story. It was with the 60*W-grind i was using and it checked to a complete stop after one hop. Kick in

Just wanted to say that you all did an amazing job this weekend. Watching/reading from the forum side, the frequency and details of the updates really made the rest of us feel like we were part of the event. Congratulations on the job well done both on the course and on the forum!!

Simple - play poorly and have a 77, 75,75,73,69 all fall off. Lose a quarter of your good rounds and up she goes.

I used to work with GHIN people for 3 years. If they found out your Handicap Index rise, they'd call the police and have you arrested!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mikedean441

Ahh the infamous late night drinking always wins, its destroyed many a chances for success over the past few years.

Team Jrod had some of the bigger guys so no way they drank enough to have any ill effects :)

Im not too sure about that. Colin spent saturday morning puking his brains out and then went on to play some extremely solid golf

I was dumbfounded when PhillyV told me after that round on Saturday that CBaker was puking all morning. He was lights out.

Can anybody be sure he was not puking because of these other reasons

1. Body wanted more Malort
2. Nerves
3. Realized that Ohio really is terrible

I used to work with GHIN people for 3 years. If they found out your Handicap Index rise, they'd call the police and have you arrested!

I wasn't exactly thrilled with it rising. It going up means I played like garbage. As one would imagine, I don't really like playing like that. Poor putting, shanks, cold tops, really bad driving, and injury all lead up to it.

I'd pay to never go through the last two months of golf like that ever again.

Good thing Six4Three5 wasn't there to take your head off! ;)

Was sick all weekend so I have a ton of catching up to do. Sounds like everything was even better than the last one.

Good thing Six4Three5 wasn't there to take your head off! ;)

Oh man I forgot about that. I almost got killed. To be fair, part of it was my fault, but when I saw Jimmy's outfit, I knew he had his A game. I did not expect him to thin that ball, hear it whistle by my ear and literally take my breath away. I dont remember the next two minutes or so, but I believe I went down to a knee and just focused on breathing. He almost made GolferGal very happy.

Just read threw the entire thread again, but all at one sitting this time. Just an amazing event put together. Congrats to the Winners and to PhillyV for grabbing that golden ticket.

Oh man I forgot about that. I almost got killed. To be fair, part of it was my fault, but when I saw Jimmy's outfit, I knew he had his A game. I did not expect him to thin that ball, hear it whistle by my ear and literally take my breath away. I dont remember the next two minutes or so, but I believe I went down to a knee and just focused on breathing. He almost made GolferGal very happy.

I am pretty sure you went down to both knees! You turned white as a sheet.

"Hey Jimmy, wait a minute." JB walks over to the bunker and crouches down in front Jimmy in the bunker to take the picture. "You're not going to hit me Jimmy, right?" Jimmy says, "No way your good!" Jimmy takes his swing, no sand under his ball, the sole hits and blades the ball at 160mph, whistles by JB's head missing him by maybe a foot.

Holy crap!

Can anybody be sure he was not puking because of these other reasons

1. Body wanted more Malort
2. Nerves
3. Realized that Ohio really is terrible

The only one I know it wasn't was #2. 1 and 3 are very possible though

Did I miss what this was?! Totally forgot about it till just now lol

Here you go. Here is the video:

[video=youtube;V8Jtx-1C4mU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Jtx-1C4mU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The shirt is for you Dave!

OH and after that shot I had to play the next left handed because the ball ended up behind the telephone pole.

SOOOOO

Now that it is over and everyone but in so much time and effort into their games:

Do you feel like your game traveled well? Did you play to your index? If not, what do you think hurt you the most?

I felt like my game traveled ok. I felt like my short game prep helped me a lot. I felt like I putted really well over the weekend. I didn't end up playing to my index either day. On Sunday I ended up 5 stroked above my handicap, which is about average. My tee game has been a struggle lately, and it showed this weekend. Also, match play is a different kind of beast. Sometimes you find yourself forced into a riskier shot, and sometimes it goes great, and other times it blows up in your face. I had a nice string of holes on the back nine yesterday that helped us win some points and I was really happy with that.

If I could play dubs again, I'd be aiming for the center of every green. A lot of those pins were in no man's land on the greens.

I almost killed you on that par 3 too. At least the photo looked good!

Back