The Golf Club 2 as a way to improve your golf strategy?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
How do you feel about using a golf game (The Golf Club 2 for the ps4) as a method of improving your golf course management and strategy?

With the prospects of not playing golf for the next 3 - 4 months, this seems like a viable option to work on the mental side of the game.

How do you feel about using a golf game (The Golf Club 2 for the ps4) as a method of improving your golf course management and strategy?

With the prospects of not playing golf for the next 3 - 4 months, this seems like a viable option to work on the mental side of the game.

Unless you're really good the computer golfer can pull off shots that would get you and me in a lot of trouble!

Dave

The video game can certainly help deepen your understanding of course management. In my case, however, it is much easier to hit a wedge with 78% power in a video game than it is in real life, so I think you would have to hit every shot at 100% power to really get in the habit of selecting the right clubs. The downside to that, however, is that no one ever really hits the ball pure every single time.

TL;DR: I don't think playing a golf game would hurt you, but the improvement you would see would more likely than not be very minimal.

I blame Golden Tee combined with copious Miller Lite for my current (lack of) course management philosophy.

Very useful if you are into golf course architecture, not so much golf strategy. Now if you have skytrak or whatever else can run the program then it would be great. The exception would be some of the user created courses of real places if they are done highly accurately, then it would help you learn to play that exact course sort of, and better than nothing at all. The first one was a blast though in winter but I spent 95% of my time building courses.

Back