Okay Upstate NY THPers

My college roommate was a bag/cart jockey at Hiawatha all through high school and college. Sadly, I've only been to the range. I've heard good things, so it should be a treat.

Also, whoever goes, and wherever you stop to eat, order the chicken speidies and thank me later.

Looks like 4 hours for me, but for golf with THPers at that course it would be awesome!

It definitely is as we like to keep people on their toes.
Part of that is cost vs course attraction.
We believe in looking through top lists, talking to people up there, etc the course will be a great test for this event and what is coming.

Sure we could have put this at Turning Stone, but then when we announce the cost for the event is about $700, we end up crickets during entry. This course really wanted the THPers to be a part of it and enjoy what it offers, its a test that should put the equipment involved heavily in play and we can do it at a value to the people here.

Im excited as its going to be fun.

Completely agree and having the course excited about the event and key word wanting the event will make it special.

Im sitting here in my office, staring at itineraries and wondering how to pick captains for this.
Im not asking, but in some ways I am. If you were me, what would you look for in a captain for this THP Event?

active on the forum
whoever makes the best pie

A captain should be someone where those interested in the event see the person's name and they say, "yup, that guy is solid. I'd play in an event with that guy. He knows how to have a good time yet still take the event seriously."

Also, I'm on board with that pie thing

A captain should be someone that will put the good of other before his own, someone that can keep his cool in tough situation. It should also be an active member of THP, event veteran or not.

oh and he should be Canadian :alien:

A captain should be someone that will put the good of other before his own, someone that can keep his cool in tough situation. It should also be an active member of THP, event veteran or not.

oh and he should be Canadian :alien:

You were doing great til that whole Canadian thing :)

Pick 2 guys that embrace what THP is all about and know how to have a blast while doing it.

A captain should be someone where those interested in the event see the person's name and they say, "yup, that guy is solid. I'd play in an event with that guy. He knows how to have a good time yet still take the event seriously."

This pretty much sums it up perfectly. Even if you haven't met the guy in person, you should have a solid positive opinion of him from any posts of his you've read. Some of the recent THPRR captains are perfect examples of this.

That's a great description Ward, definitely someone who's going to get along with anyone, be involved, and make it an enjoyable experience for all.

That's a great description Ward, definitely someone who's going to get along with anyone, be involved, and make it an enjoyable experience for all.
I would definitely play for Captain Icey!! Can you make the commute :D

Pick 2 guys that embrace what THP is all about and know how to have a blast while doing it.
I would absoutely play for Captain Greg with two g's!!

I would definitely play for Captain Icey!! Can you make the commute :D
Golf with THPers is always a good excuse to travel, can't wait to see what the details are on this one, sounds like the perfect opportunity to make a trip back to NY!

Captain should be someone who embraces what THP is about. Is active on the forum. I agree with others who say someone that people immediately go yep, I want to play with/for him. There's lots of guys here I would play for.

A captain should be a leader and a mentor. S/he knows what it takes to reach the desired goal and will teach anyone who will follow.

Tough to add to anything everyone else has already said for the captains. Embrace the event, THP, and being active. All great qualities for a captain to have for sure.

you get my vote and would play for you
Haha not sure I'm captain material but I appreciate it buddy I'd like to think I'd do a good job!

Embrace the event, the sponsor(if there is one), and THP.

Good choice on course, I play it once a month or so as a friends dad is a member and my golf coach uses their practice facility for lessons.

Should be another amazing THP event, good luck to all those who enter!

Back