2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

You should have signed up Uzumati.

You should have signed up Uzumati.

I was going too but I get to play the Trail monthly and wanted people that have not had the opportunity to experience this track a chance. I will be up there on Friday as y'all arrive just to meet everyone

I was going too but I get to play the Trail monthly and wanted people that have not had the opportunity to experience this track a chance. I will be up there on Friday as y'all arrive just to meet everyone

With a Golden Ticket on the line, along with SWAG, HOF and a first THP Event, I would have disagreed, but everybody is different.

The irony in this is that I dont think we have a single person from AL playing in this and they have previously asked for a THP Event each and every year.

Getting dressed for today's round.
#teamwarriors
b2b590681169b00b2772f57b7c4dffeb.jpg

*tappd
I need to pick me up a pair of USA!

Merino Marauders
Captain - tadashi70
Dhartmann34
IceyShanks
mikedean441
e1iterate
mmaynard11
Sox Fan
JohnSinVA
Just_Hacking
OITW
jhoefer99
amsmith61

Team Wool Warriors
Captain - War Eagle
Jeff Spicoli
#Cookie
Girardcorp
Brianmk24
Chump Fries
tanker337
Willwhite
T0AD
cpljohnst
DawgDaddy
Johnny Mojo

I know I am a bit late to the party on this one, but this group looks like the Kickoff Classic will be an awesome time!

Can't wait to follow on the forum. My allegiance can be bought.

Had a chance to go to the range and hit a bucket before Christmas related activities begin today. Focused on the wedges and was having good luck with both distance and aim. Lessons are definitely paying off as my misses are much more controlled. Looking forward to more lessons and practice with a goal in sight.

I have three goals for this week:
1. Finally see Star Wars
2. Order some new socks to show some Kentwool love
3. Get to the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have three goals for this week:
1. Finally see Star Wars
2. Order some new socks to show some Kentwool love
3. Get to the range

Not necessarily in that order though right? :alien:

Not necessarily in that order though right? :alien:

Nope. Should have made them bullet points. All pretty equal right now and hopefully will accomplish them all in the same day. #GrandparentBabySittersForTheWin

On the course today, I thought a lot about this event and the Team aspect of it. Team Matchplay events are an interesting dynamic, and always turn me in to a thinker on the course.

Today, I thought a lot about my game, and the type of golfer I am. On a few different occasions today, I thought out my shot decision and played smart. I'm not the most talented golfer in the world, but what I lack in skill, I make up in the ability to think and put myself in an optimal situation that would play to my strength. One of the best examples today was on a longer Par 4 I played today...

This hole played around 440 today, and was in to the end. With a decent tee shot, I was still sitting about 210 from the green, which was uphill. Rather than pull my hybrid, which I know can get me that distance but also know that trying to be pinpoint accurate in to a green just wont happen, I pull an 8 iron. Knock my shot perfect and am sitting just under 50 yards to the pin. Hit an easy 60* and drain the putt for par. During this hole, I thought repeatedly about being smart vs trying to pull of a high risk shot.

When it comes to Team Matchplay, that kind of thinking can really make or break a pairing. Working with your teammate around the course more often than not will lead to success. Sometimes it's easy to just get your number, grab a club and swing. For me, more often than not, it's the preshot thought process that helps me get better scores.

Good stuff Capitan Beags.

I know I am a bit late to the party on this one, but this group looks like the Kickoff Classic will be an awesome time!

Can't wait to follow on the forum. My allegiance can be bought.

I'll send you some Kentwool No shows for your feets

Getting some practice in here at The Majors in Palm Bay Florida before I head back home tonight. Are the greens the same grass on the RTJ courses as here in Florida?
832fbfa390e01bdb84d62683d801dfe0.jpg
779de0f576bc64f267f46d18233573e7.jpg

War eagle you have always played to your strengths. It sounds like you've become even more of a thinker on the course. Good for you brother!

War eagle you have always played to your strengths. It sounds like you've become even more of a thinker on the course. Good for you brother!

After a bit of a break from the game earlier this year, coming back to it required me to play smarter until the game sharpened up a touch. Kept that mentality.

I need to take some notes from my captain. Not only playing smart but executing the game plan. That is tough to beat in matchplay.

I need to take some notes from my captain. Not only playing smart but executing the game plan. That is tough to beat in matchplay.

I'll help you out. This is one of my specialties.

Panda and I have teamed up and wrecked some fools in the past. This year maybe I get to play #PandaSlayer.

I'll help you out. This is one of my specialties.

Panda and I have teamed up and wrecked some fools in the past. This year maybe I get to play #PandaSlayer.

Appreciate it. The course looks one that rewards patience and accuracy.

The #PandaSlayer is a role that rarely gets to be played. Whoever is going up against him will have to be on top of their game.

With a Golden Ticket on the line, along with SWAG, HOF and a first THP Event, I would have disagreed, but everybody is different.

The irony in this is that I dont think we have a single person from AL playing in this and they have previously asked for a THP Event each and every year.

I want to be there so bad, but tax season just doesn't allow it.

It's crazy hard mentally to not go for a long iron/hybrid shot that will put you in reg on a green even when you know you're not really good at hitting that shot. Even if you know you're much better at a 30-40 yard pitch than playing out of the sand/rough if you don't pull off the long shot, there's just something about trying to be on the green and putting for birdie.

One thing I've always struggled with mentally is always firing right at the pin inside 170 yard regardless of its placement. I've really been trying to work on going at the easiest part of the green to hit.

Getting some practice in here at The Majors in Palm Bay Florida before I head back home tonight. Are the greens the same grass on the RTJ courses as here in Florida?

They switched over to Champion Ultradrawf Bermudagrass back in 2011. It's a really really good bermuda, they can get them rolling pretty quick if they want.

They switched over to Champion Ultradrawf Bermudagrass back in 2011. It's a really really good bermuda, they can get them rolling pretty quick if they want.
They're a bit slow at the moment and fairly smooth. I notice the grass really takes the ball as it loses speed. Different than what we've got up north for sure. Love this weather!

They're a bit slow at the moment and fairly smooth. I notice the grass really takes the ball as it loses speed. Different than what we've got up north for sure. Love this weather!

Slower will be course dependent.
Grain plays a factor however in terms of ball movement.

FL is a little confused in its weather right now, that's not too much of a surprise. Ask Canadan about bermuda, he'd be happy to tell you all about it vs bent :act-up:

FL is a little confused in its weather right now, that's not too much of a surprise. Ask Canadan about bermuda, he'd be happy to tell you all about it vs bent :act-up:
Yeah I'm okay with it considering it'll be ice and snow when I get home tonight! Certainly fun change to putt on though. ?. Canadan loves the Bermuda eh?

Back