TaylorMade PSi Irons Preview

I am going for a fitting of these to see if all the "technology" is worth a change or not. It will be interesting to see how the difference in going from a cast to forged in the same set feels and sounds..... I don't think it will be a great deal as many play with forged wedges and cast iron sets but we'll see.

I am certainly unbiased as I don't care what is in bag, as long as, they PREFORM or not for my needs.... I've never been "professionally" fitted except "big box" stores so it will be an experience. There's a TM lab near me in DFW area and will write up something soon.

I do agree with a lot of people though as they have brought out MANY different sets in the last couple of years. It's hard to tell what exactly to know what is TM's direction is with so many sets coming out like in the past. The narrowing down could be a step in the right direction. I like the idea of a progressive set but will let the fitting tell me what and how it goes.

-David

Did you get your fitting and any thoughts on these?

Played my 2nd round with these today and they are so fabulous. Very forgiving and when you hit that sweet spot it is silky smooth!

Played my 2nd round with these today and they are so fabulous. Very forgiving and when you hit that sweet spot it is silky smooth!
Definite improvement over the RSi irons?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Definite improvement over the RSi irons?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I never gamed the RSi's. I previously played the Tour Preferred CBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone else playing these? I am curious as to others thoughts compared to what you played prior to putting these in the bag.

I did not like the feel of these irons. Compared to others I was hitting they just felt too solid to me. Like 1982 2 iron solid.

I currently play AP2s but these interest me. I really like shape. How would they compare- more forgiving?

I currently play AP2s but these interest me. I really like shape. How would they compare- more forgiving?

I think you will see more forgiveness, especially as you get lower on the face. Both are solid sets, but quite different.

Hi Moose. In what way are the psi irons an improvement over the rsi line

Interested in PSI Irons (non-Tour) and Callaway Apex CF16 Irons.
Can anyone compare the two?

LB

TaylorMade PSi Irons Preview

Thanks -- the first video provides a very good head-to-head comparison.

Last edited:
I received my PSI today. Amasing feeling straight and far.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I received my PSI today. Amasing feeling straight and far.

Congrats! Hope you play well with them!!

e4c18f275ca877a7bada56f784d56f60.jpg

I choose PSI but during my fitting i played the callaway apex cf16 too. Both are easy too play. I think they are part of new generation of clubs with light shaft and high loft. Like a french expression : go with closed eyes !

I just noticed something on the TM website, that if you win a local tournament or something similar with these in your bag, that you can send them back to TM and they will change out the top badge for gold ones. That's pretty sweet. Sergio has it done on his.

goldmobile.jpg

I just noticed something on the TM website, that if you win a local tournament or something similar with these in your bag, that you can send them back to TM and they will change out the top badge for gold ones. That's pretty sweet. Sergio has it done on his.

goldmobile.jpg
Sergio had it done? So its not only for winning something apparently :alien:

Hii guys! Someone compare with z545? Equal forgivenes? Thanks

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Hii guys! Someone compare with z545? Equal forgivenes? Thanks

I own both sets. I am not seeing any less forgiveness with the PSI's over the 545's. For me the PSI's fit me better, they are 1/2 to a club longer. Try both sets if you can, they are both good irons.

I own both sets. I am not seeing any less forgiveness with the PSI's over the 545's. For me the PSI's fit me better, they are 1/2 to a club longer. Try both sets if you can, they are both good irons.
Thanks Garethw! Can you share some pics compare two?

I have been testing everthing lately , apex cf 16, apex pro xr,xr pro , M2 . M2 tour , I was not even considering these, but my local pro said hit it , you will be surprised. I was surprised , straightest and most consistent of the bunch,distance was up there as well , I think because of turf interaction I seem to be able to compress the ball more and take more of a divot Just feels like more solid because of that I don't know maybe the kbs tour 105 is a nice fit for my swing .
Bottom line ..I like them..
gb

I have been testing everthing lately , apex cf 16, apex pro xr,xr pro , M2 . M2 tour , I was not even considering these, but my local pro said hit it , you will be surprised. I was surprised , straightest and most consistent of the bunch,distance was up there as well , I think because of turf interaction I seem to be able to compress the ball more and take more of a divot Just feels like more solid because of that I don't know maybe the kbs tour 105 is a nice fit for my swing .
Bottom line ..I like them..
gb

Funny! Because I have hit everything you did as well. Today I went to pick up a putter and while I waited, I said "what the heck" let me give these a go for the sake of simply trying them out...well I paired them next to my J15CB. These are definitely solid!

d414dede02ea02bc5b1d2209357f6108.jpg

Funny! Because I have hit everything you did as well. Today I went to pick up a putter and while I waited, I said "what the heck" let me give these a go for the sake of simply trying them out...well I paired them next to my J15CB. These are definitely solid!

d414dede02ea02bc5b1d2209357f6108.jpg
Those are very impressive numbers. I have been working very hard on my game and really started to dail in these irons and I am getting some great resullts. Shot 1 over 37 for nine today with them ..love affair is in full bloom.

These irons just flat out perform. Really pleased with them. Been playing some of my best iron play lately and these irons aren't hindering but helping my iron game

Back