Looking for a new push cart bag

GE4x4

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking for a new bag. I have a Clicgear 3.0 push cart with a TM Catalina bag. The bag has been good, but I hate it when my clubs get tangled as it only has a few dividers. And now that I have a oversized putter grip, the putter slot is a very tight fit. So I'm looking for full length individual dividers and a larger putter slot to put my oversized grip. I really like the Sun Mountain c-130 and the new Tour series, but have not seen them in person and don't want a huge bag on my cart. I don't know what bags have full dividers, but looks like many now have large putter holes. I know SM has the Sync, but the other 2 IMHO look better. Anybody got pics of some of these on carts?

the c-130 works great on a clicgear - I am rolling that same combo. I had my bag before my cart, but I couldn't be happier with the matchup. That said, if I was going to buy a new bag I think I'd lean towards the clicgear bag. The arrangement of clubs looks like it would work better for push carts *and* riding carts

edit: here's a photo that shows the clicgear bag and cart combo. Notice the woods on the side, making it easier to open the handle compartment:

ClicGear35PlusFull_zpsb5d4c926.jpg

I just spent about 3-4 months pondering this and going to look at bags way to many times. It is impossible to come up with the perfecy solution I think.

There are a boat load of reviews online with issues with the C130 and a clicgear. That is originally what I was thinking of going with. I set it on the cart in the store quite a few times and the slant that the bag has on top will cause the tops of your clubs to lay up against the top of the bag and also apparently bang into each other quite a bit. Also a lot of complaints the the bag is not rigin enough where the top strap goes across the bag which caused issues getting clubs in the bag.

The bag I saw that looked like it would be the best would be the Ogio Chamber, the club quieter system that they have seems perfect for a cart and a push cart usage.

I ended up going with the Ping Pioneer. Great quality, flattish top and full dividers all the way down for each of the 14 sections.

Best cart style bags IMO for Clickgear seemed to be the Pioneer, Ogio Chamber, Callaway Org 15, Nike Performance II and Bagboy Revolver looked like great options as well.

I never got a chance to check the Clicgear bag but there were a lot of complaints that it did not fit on a driving cart well at all.

qabu5usu.jpg

Sun Mountain Sync on a Clicgear 3.0.

I just spent about a month pondering the same decision and I as well like the C-130. But not with the clic gear issues. I went with the nike performance II and it works great! It has a flatter top, with full length dividers. Only thing it's missing is external putter well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have some type of upper adapter on your Cart with the Sync? Looks like it is sitting more upright than normal and something holding it up?

Do you have some type of upper adapter on your Cart with the Sync? Looks like it is sitting more upright than normal and something holding it up?

Yes, it has the Tour Bag Kit.

qabu5usu.jpg

Sun Mountain Sync on a Clicgear 3.0.
That has the tour bag adapter kit, correct? I have heard that this will help adapt a lot of cart bags to being much more friendly for the push cart. Do you feel this is the case? I wonder as I am too looking at a clicgear, but do not really want to get away from my C130.

That has the tour bag adapter kit, correct? I have heard that this will help adapt a lot of cart bags to being much more friendly for the push cart. Do you feel this is the case? I wonder as I am too looking at a clicgear, but do not really want to get away from my C130.

I bought it to use with my Bridgestone staffer, but it helps keep the console area free and clear with my cart bag as well. I always felt the woods especially were always keeping it difficult to easily access it.

4X4

Have you looked at the Ogio "Silencer"? Costs a few coins, but it has individual pocket and locking mechanism for each club. I have attached my OS handled putter by seating it in a small pocket on the lower right side, and attaching it with a quickly detachable stainless steel shower curtain clip fixed to a strap holder near the upper edge. Works great. Also, some attach a proper sized plastic, thin walled tube tube to the exterior of the bag. Both work great. Clubs banging together is one of my pet peeves.

Hope this helps, Good Luck.

There are a boat load of reviews online with issues with the C130 and a clicgear. That is originally what I was thinking of going with. I set it on the cart in the store quite a few times and the slant that the bag has on top will cause the tops of your clubs to lay up against the top of the bag and also apparently bang into each other quite a bit. Also a lot of complaints the the bag is not rigin enough where the top strap goes across the bag which caused issues getting clubs in the bag.

it really does not happen that way. I walk 1-2 rounds per week with this combo and never have issues with clubs banging against each other. The top of the bag is plenty rigid, it's just a bungee that holds it on. Never have issues with getting clubs in or out. I'm not sure where you've read those reviews, but maybe they were older versions? Mine are both 2013 and I can say without a doubt that those issues do not exist.

Thanks for the comments, looks like a few more bags to look at. Does anyone have a Clicgear bag?

Last edited:
I have an older Ogio Grom with the Woode system top. Technically it is a stand bag, but it is almost more of a hybrid bag due to the size and weight.

It works perfectly with a Clic Gear 3.0. It is easy to get the clubs in and out, attaches well, rides well, you can still get to most of the pockets easily, and the best part is because of the built in drink holder in the bag, I have no need for an attachment.

the c-130 works great on a clicgear - I am rolling that same combo. I had my bag before my cart, but I couldn't be happier with the matchup. That said, if I was going to buy a new bag I think I'd lean towards the clicgear bag. The arrangement of clubs looks like it would work better for push carts *and* riding carts

edit: here's a photo that shows the clicgear bag and cart combo. Notice the woods on the side, making it easier to open the handle compartment:

ClicGear35PlusFull_zpsb5d4c926.jpg

I did some search on this bag and there are couple things I didn't like. One, it doesn't have a designated putter well and doesn't look like oversize grips will work well. 2nd, they don't mention full dividers. So for $200, it just doesn't seem to stack up. Thank tho for letting me know about it.

We'll I ordered the SM Tour Series in the black/white/orange. It made for push carts with the flat top. I will let you know when it comes in and will take pics with it on my 3.0

Bump on this - I am shopping for a bag for my clicgear - love the idea of the built in cooler, my current bag has a clip on the side for the putter which is nice - what did everyone end up with?

how important is individually separated club slots that run from top to bottom for u guys?

how important is individually separated club slots that run from top to bottom for u guys?

To each each their own but for me I absolutely want 14(+) way divider. I prefer the divider be full length but it is not a requirement.

I much prefer a 6 or 7 way divider. The only 14 way divider I found that I like is the Ping Dlx bag from a couple years ago.

sounds like I don't have to buy the bagboy cart bag if I go with the bagboy push cart.

I have CaddyTek EZ myself. The funny thing is, when i researched the products on the market, CaddyTek offers such great value for cheaper price than Clicgear. I think Clicgear has become famous brand, and you pay tens of bucks for just that brand name. It might be only me, but i find CaddyTek way more valuable. There are lots of great CaddyTek golf push carts http://www.golfclubsguru.com/best-golf-push-carts/ . Clicgear also has some decent products, but as i mentioned above, they are over pricing them.

The C-130 is a great bag, I love mine. It isn't small but if you are using a push cart I don't know why size would matter. It does have a dedicated putter well (I still use my headcover though) and the dividers are full length.

I have a staff bag I use sometimes with my clicgear.... I got it for a steal so that helps, but I LOVE the fact that the clubs have so much room and never seem to bind on each other... Otherwise I have a SM Three5 and its a great bag but doesn't sit very well on the clicgear. Obviously carry bags are built to be carried... lol

Back