Odyssey White Hot RX V-Line Fang - THP Review

In the Header Photo the V Line Fang has Red paint fill, Lady's version?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Absolutely love that finish against the white insert. Looks really sharp and with the new tech involved - I want definitely want to test one..

Here you go:

Whote-Hot_Rx-Lifestyle-022.jpg
Ok, I really didn't need to see this.... Awesome photo skills BTW.

James,
Any rumors about a #1W? I checked their site and this line isn't showing yet.

Ok, I really didn't need to see this.... Awesome photo skills BTW.

James,
Any rumors about a #1W? I checked their site and this line isn't showing yet.

That pic is aaaaaaaaaall Cally/Odyssey hahaha

No 1W in this line. The putters that will be released in it are all up on their site and in the first post though.

I was about to say that they must not be yours with being LH

Very nice looking putters and I may just have to hunt them out over here for a try

Love love love this shape.

Need this in a Tank version, ASAP!

Seconded! Love the look of this head and alignment combination. Amazing!

Seconded! Love the look of this head and alignment combination. Amazing!

Trust me. This insert is a star in and of itself. This headshape though? Phenomenal.

Not sure if this is a fair question, but which insert do you prefer? WHP, Fusion RX or White Hot RX?

Not sure if this is a fair question, but which insert do you prefer? WHP, Fusion RX or White Hot RX?

Tough. I will say WHP is a distant 3rd now, this has accomplished that feel/sound with the same roll of the Fusion RX. If you MADE me pick, I actually think I like the sound/feel of this best, but as I said the roll is basically dead on the same as the Fusion IMO.

Tough. I will say WHP is a distant 3rd now, this has accomplished that feel/sound with the same roll of the Fusion RX. If you MADE me pick, I actually think I like the sound/feel of this best, but as I said the roll is basically dead on the same as the Fusion IMO.
I agree with this assessment. The roll between white-hot rx and fusion rx is so similar

I agree with this assessment. The roll between white-hot rx and fusion rx is so similar

Which is cool because its really what they wanted to accomplish. There was a lot of feedback of wanting the WHP feel with the Fusion RX roll, now they have both the firmer feel covered with the Fusion and the more "classic" Odyssey insert feel with this.

Interestingly enough is that this is TOTALLY different materialistically than the WHP.

Which is cool because its really what they wanted to accomplish. There was a lot of feedback of wanting the WHP feel with the Fusion RX roll, now they have both the firmer feel covered with the Fusion and the more "classic" Odyssey insert feel with this.

Interestingly enough is that this is TOTALLY different materialistically than the WHP.
Perhaps the material change is the culprit but I'm seeing a hotter roll off of the white hot rx compared to the old white hot pro. But incredibly, the feel is the same, with improved quicker roll

Really interested in this head shape but question whether I'll enjoy the milled versions not available US over this insert, the head shape has me wanting regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps the material change is the culprit but I'm seeing a hotter roll off of the white hot rx compared to the old white hot pro. But incredibly, the feel is the same, with improved quicker roll

Its 100% the grooves on the roll, the ovals work and work well, especially combined with the texture on the insert they applied. #Cookie was shocked by it this past weekend, its quick as heck and with NO skid.

The dual material/core is brilliant, how they managed to capture that same feel, is amazing to me.

Really interested in this head shape but question whether I'll enjoy the milled versions not available US over this insert, the head shape has me wanting regardless

You would roll this extremely well.

Being a milled guy these are my thoughts as well. Though, James has a "few" milled putters and is impressed by this insert which speaks volumes.

The hardest decision I had to make last year with Odyssey was a V-Line or a #7...and now they've had a baby. I'm digging the colors too. Not an insert guy normally, but I expect I will own one of these regardless.

Really excited to try this insert. Big fan of the WHP feel

Rolled this like a Champ today, the shape is just something else.

For those curious about what Odyssey means when they say they applied a layer of texture....

DSC_0033-XL.jpg

DSC_0034-XL.jpg

Great pics, James. Good to see the fine details on that face.

Jman with the sweet macro pics. My first thought was "salt to taste"...did they say how they apply that texture?

Jman with the sweet macro pics. My first thought was "salt to taste"...did they say how they apply that texture?
It's essentially "painted" on after the molding to add the texture they can't do with that face mold (bc of the ovals and thin walls). Super durable, will not wear off.

I love the #7 shape. This majorly kicks it up a notch.

It's essentially "painted" on after the molding to add the texture they can't do with that face mold (bc of the ovals and thin walls). Super durable, will not wear off.
So it's like a grit that helps with rolling the ball, bet it's awesome in morning dew or damp conditions.

Back