Srixon 355 Hybrid - THP Review Thread

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for review is the new Srixon 355 Hybrid. This one also features the "Action Mass" technology of its driver and fairway counterparts as well as the new Miyazaki Jinkosu shaft. Going to be a lot of fun to put through its paces.

Information from Srixon on the 355 Hybrid:

We developed the new z 355 hybrid for enhanced distance and playability, and the key technology that gives you that edge is action mass.

ACTION MASS™
A heavier head weight plus an ultra-high balance point shaft combine to deliver incredible consistency with maximum distance and forgiveness.

ENGINEERED FOR CONSISTENCY
The added head mass plus ultra-high balance point Miyazaki® Jinsoku™ shaft help increase ball speed while promoting a more consistent, stable swing.

MARAGING STEEL FACE
Fast and powerful HT1770 maraging steel face creates an even larger sweet spot for increased consistency and distance off the tee.

PLAYABLE PROFILE
Shallower head design with deeper center of gravity promotes higher launch and allows for shot versatility.

Specifications:

MODELLOFTLENGTHLIE ANGLEHEAD SIZESW
319g40.25"60°128ccD3
423°39.75"60.5°124ccD3
526°39.25"61°118ccD3

Miyazaki Jinkosu Shaft
FLEXWEIGHTTIP ODBUTT ODTORQUEKICK PT.
S63g.362".620"4.1°MID
R62g.362".618"4.1°MID
A60g.362".614"4.1°MID

In-Hand Images:

DSC_0254-XL.jpg

DSC_0255-XL.jpg

DSC_0256-XL.jpg

DSC_0257-XL.jpg

DSC_0258-XL.jpg

DSC_0259-XL.jpg

DSC_0261-XL.jpg

DSC_0260-XL.jpg

DSC_0262-XL.jpg

DSC_0263-XL.jpg

DSC_0265-XL.jpg

DSC_0266-XL.jpg

This should be a treat to hit, I like heavy

Interesting head shape and good looks.

Out of this entire line, this one interests me the most I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon is really making a move...I'm liking the looks on their product line.

I like that they are keeping the same design as the driver. Been struggling with hybrids so this will be an interesting one to follow

The head on this looks pretty large. Is it or is it just the pics? Any other club you could compare it to just for head size.

• Staff
The head on this looks pretty large. Is it or is it just the pics? Any other club you could compare it to just for head size.

Since it will be with me at an event this weekend, I'm sure we can grab a few comparisons and for sure one set up to the ball.

Good looking club. I like where Srixon is going with this 355 line

I'd have to say this is he most intriguing part of the 355 line for me. Now where to find them.

Great looking head shape but the heavy head and lowest loft of 19 degrees is a turn off. I would love to know if it feels head heavy during the swing.

Great looking head shape but the heavy head and lowest loft of 19 degrees is a turn off. I would love to know if it feels head heavy during the swing.
Its still just a d3 swing weight, not d8 like the driver.

Its still just a d3 swing weight, not d8 like the driver.

That's what has me intrigued. They say its a heavy head but with a d3 I'm really interested in following your thoughts. I have been really impressed with Srizon's metal line up.

As someone who has never gotten along with hybrids, this model definitely has my attention.

As someone who has never gotten along with hybrids, this model definitely has my attention.

Thought the same exact thing!

Really intrigued by the 26*.

Looks very similar to the Titleist 816H2......just "sayin"....

I apologize for the lack of updates in here as I've been so focused on concluding the data collection for the review (combined with a couple weeks of chaos due to family issues) that I have sat down more with the formal review writing than with this thread.

In all its a relatively simple club IMO, most noticeable though is the size profile being larger in footprint size than a lot of what we see right now and with the more shallow face its better suited for the deck but lacks any real beveling design we so often see nwo to help with turf interaction. The other really big thing has been the with the "action mass" tech here, where as with the driver and fairway it is definitely noticeable, it really isn't here, particularly with the D3 swing weight setup.

Distance wise its been solid, not the longest out there, but that is made up for in accuracy as the flight has been very predictable and misses nicely playable with no overexaggerated deviation from center on misses.Really solid stability on toe misses, no doubt helped by the more bulbous toe and larger footprint overall for MOI standards. Spin wise its a mid spinner from tee and deck, only saw about a 500-750 RPM difference there which is rather low for what I typically see in that difference gap personally. Mid-high launch from both areas, with being at 19* it was expected to be in that realm, but definitely hit the highest apex off the tee with it. Some run out into greens, but thanks to the spin profile its still more than playable as far as holding the surface goes.

The Miyazaki is interesting here, nothing really stood out about it in terms of feel/stability, but sometimes being in the middle rather than on one of the extremes is best, that could definitely eb the case here. Though I don't think many will have any qualms with the shaft either way, especially for who the club is aimed at skill wise.

All in all its solid, different, but solid.

Review should be going up here soon as I'm putting the finishing touches on it now. If you have an q's though, fire away and I will get back to you ASAP!

Nice job here James. Solid price point on a good looking hybrid. Sounds like really a good performer from the aspect of point and shoot, just wants to go straight. For me though I need something that can shine both off the tee and deck but it sounds like the size of this makes that slightly more challenging. Given how well it does off the tee, a 2 hybrid in this design could be a great weapon for those that play really tight courses.

Solid review James. The initial looks this one seems to be more in line with a FW head shape versus a hybrid.

Interesting on the ball speeds, but if this club is not designed to maximize distance then it makes sense. At that price point it really is attractive to the masses.

Good job James. The f45 was a hit/miss club for me, but when it was a hit the thing was great. Will have to give this a shot.

Point and shoot is great for this spot in my bag!

Back