putter swing weight question

hort22

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 13.4
hey guys i recently acquired a nike method mod 90 and looking to change the grip out.

question is the stock grip is 58 grams and i am looking at a SS flatso 1.0 that weighs 85 grams.

what will this do to the swing weight of the club?

hey guys i recently acquired a nike method mod 90 and looking to change the grip out.

question is the stock grip is 58 grams and i am looking at a SS flatso 1.0 that weighs 85 grams.

It will move the balance point of the putter up the shaft a bit, meaning the head MAY feel a touch lighter to you. Now, I say MAY because people vary in their perceptiveness to Swing Weight changes. In my experience (and its a lot as I have owned more than a fair few of putters in my time, and now, haha) that type of change is not all that perceptible, mainly because the putting stroke is so short and controlled.

yeah that's what i was thinking the head would feel lighter...guess there's only one way to find out...thanks

yeah that's what i was thinking the head would feel lighter...guess there's only one way to find out...thanks

Nice thing is, if it does feel off, a little lead tape on the sole will let you test if that was really the case.

Why do you say the stock grip is 58 grams? I have a MOD 60 and am about to regrip as well. I found this catalog that says the stock grip is 64 grams. See p. 27 of http://www.bellelogo.com/files/pdf/products/nikegolf-club-2014.pdf.

By the way since this is a few months old, did you have any luck with the heavier grip? I am thinking of going to a 75 gram grip myself. I think dropping 2-3 swingweight points will be OK since I calculated (not measured) mine at D8 or 9.

Back