The Car Shopping Thread

He just called me...said as long as his repair bill on his trade isn't much (had a check engine light on) then he wants to do the deal for the F150. So, waiting on a call back to see if this is a GO for him or not.

Dang! I need a deal like this.

Dang! I need a deal like this.
Depending on where you live and lease incentives there from Ford, then you might be able to. Minus the employee pricing. Even then, there isn't a huge discount for that on most vehicles.
For an F150, it's around $1000 better, give or take.

Depending on where you live and lease incentives there from Ford, then you might be able to. Minus the employee pricing. Even then, there isn't a huge discount for that on most vehicles.
For an F150, it's around $1000 better, give or take.

I live in ohio

Loved seeing this after a full day of highway driving in my Sonata.

8ec3d797e3ee0e0bcc0b21deedd109b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm trying to hook my brother up with a lease on a new 2015 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT 4x4 with the 2.7L Ecoboost V6. Of course he would get to use my family discount, since I'm the dealerships F&I Manager. He has a trade he's going to use the equity on to help lower the lease payment, a little over $5000. He's doing 15,000 miles per year and when it's all said and done, he'd walk out with a payment of $256 on 36 months! What's he do? I'm going to go see what a comparable lease would cost me with a new similarly equipped Silverado. SMH...we grew up in a Chevy family, and NOW, outside of the Corvette we don't drive Chevy's. Not because they aren't good vehicles, but because of where I work and they are just as good (some better). So, the Chevy guy he talked to, I don't know WHAT they have to programs on leasing their trucks, but he came back with a 39 month payment of $450. WHAT? The Silverado's MSRP was approximately $1500 less than the F150 I found for him.

AND....he's thinking about it?

What's there to think about?

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif
Ecoboost 2.7 is a far superior engine, and I'm a GM guy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I hate to do it because I really don't want a car payment, but it looks like my wife and I are going to have to get a new car. My old truck is just not worth continuing to sink money in (probably only worth a $1,500 on a good day and it needs about that much work). I wanted to get a new truck, but it makes more sense to add the new car then try to sell the truck then sell our 03 Honda and use that money to buy a used truck outright. We have narrowed it down to a Honda Accord EX, a Ford Fusion S, a Kia Optima LX, or a Hyundai Sonata SE (all 2015 models). We currently have a Honda EX that we will be keeping it and we have owned about 6 Hondas between us so we are pretty familiar with them. I have ridden in T0AD's Fusion and like it a good bit. We haven't had the chance to test drive the Optima and the Sonata yet, but I wanted to get some opinions on these models if anyone out there has owned or driven them a good bit. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
flew down to San Jose, CA last sunday to pick up an '05 Jetta GLI. 127k, 6 speed manual, 1.8t engine, platinum grey. lots of maintenance records, lots of extra stuff, solid condition. on Monday I went and put in a nice $400 sony double-din deck, and on Wednesday the slave cylinder went out. So in the morning i'm having a new clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing/slave cylinder put in. sucks that it happens right when I get the car but it's past due for that stuff, and I get a lifetime warranty on the clutch. but I got the car for a good deal, so i'm not fretting too much. drives super nice, so glad I got it. gets way better gas mileage than my old Subaru did, way quicker, way more comfortable, way more reliable, way cooler. happy. got about 35mpg average all of the way home, even through the mountains of northern California, even doing about 85 all of the way through cali and 70-75 all of the way through Oregon.

flew down to San Jose, CA last sunday to pick up an '05 Jetta GLI. 127k, 6 speed manual, 1.8t engine, platinum grey. lots of maintenance records, lots of extra stuff, solid condition. on Monday I went and put in a nice $400 sony double-din deck, and on Wednesday the slave cylinder went out. So in the morning i'm having a new clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing/slave cylinder put in. sucks that it happens right when I get the car but it's past due for that stuff, and I get a lifetime warranty on the clutch. but I got the car for a good deal, so i'm not fretting too much. drives super nice, so glad I got it. gets way better gas mileage than my old Subaru did, way quicker, way more comfortable, way more reliable, way cooler. happy. got about 35mpg average all of the way home, even through the mountains of northern California, even doing about 85 all of the way through cali and 70-75 all of the way through Oregon.

So I'm trying to hook my brother up with a lease on a new 2015 Ford F150 Supercrew XLT 4x4 with the 2.7L Ecoboost V6. Of course he would get to use my family discount, since I'm the dealerships F&I Manager. He has a trade he's going to use the equity on to help lower the lease payment, a little over $5000. He's doing 15,000 miles per year and when it's all said and done, he'd walk out with a payment of $256 on 36 months! What's he do? I'm going to go see what a comparable lease would cost me with a new similarly equipped Silverado. SMH...we grew up in a Chevy family, and NOW, outside of the Corvette we don't drive Chevy's. Not because they aren't good vehicles, but because of where I work and they are just as good (some better). So, the Chevy guy he talked to, I don't know WHAT they have to programs on leasing their trucks, but he came back with a 39 month payment of $450. WHAT? The Silverado's MSRP was approximately $1500 less than the F150 I found for him.

AND....he's thinking about it?

What's there to think about?

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif
I want a 6.7 to replace my 6.0 really bad. You got any of those at a good deal

I've had a couple trips 40+. ECO MODE!

I usually only keep mine on ECO mode in the city. You use it on the highway too? Any noticeable decrease in shifting/passing?

I hate to do it because I really don't want a car payment, but it looks like my wife and I are going to have to get a new car. My old truck is just not worth continuing to sink money in (probably only worth a $1,500 on a good day and it needs about that much work). I wanted to get a new truck, but it makes more sense to add the new car then try to sell the truck then sell our 03 Honda and use that money to buy a used truck outright. We have narrowed it down to a Honda Accord EX, a Ford Fusion S, a Kia Optima LX, or a Hyundai Sonata SE (all 2015 models). We currently have a Honda EX that we will be keeping it and we have owned about 6 Hondas between us so we are pretty familiar with them. I have ridden in T0AD's Fusion and like it a good bit. We haven't had the chance to test drive the Optima and the Sonata yet, but I wanted to get some opinions on these models if anyone out there has owned or driven them a good bit. Any advice is appreciated.
All good vehicles, but if you are going to drive the wheels off of it, and it sounds like the plan, I would get the Honda.

I pulled 40.2 on the 160 mile trip to and from my round yesterday. Not bad considering its only rated for 35 on the highway.

I'm currently doing 54.5mpg, over the last 5000 miles that is. It's a diesel though.

And I'm not even trying, though I must admit I did on the first full tank of gas: Just over 57.1mpg :)

The car does suck though, so I definitely don't have that going for me :D
(Peugeot 308, google it)

Also I sold both my wife's mini and mine. Bought her a used Audi A1 in return, awesome little car.
I hope to receive my BMW 1-Series somewhere in October, maybe early November.

Yes small cars, my wife doesn't want anything bigger. I'm driving a company car, this was max budget and I had to get a BMW..

I'm currently doing 54.5mpg, over the last 5000 miles that is. It's a diesel though.

And I'm not even trying, though I must admit I did on the first full tank of gas: Just over 57.1mpg :)

The car does suck though, so I definitely don't have that going for me :D
(Peugeot 308, google it)

I'd take this Peugeot
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442276766.372606.jpg

Glad to see your seal of approval on the VW diesels b/c I'm about to dump my crappy, shop ridden '09 Malibu for a 2015 Jetta TDI this weekend....

Volkewagen makes an outstanding diesel. It's honestly the only VW i would own. They get amazing mileage and are extremely reliable. Keep up on the suggested maintenance and you will love it I think.

I don't know who is making Chevrolet diesel but I'd sick with the VW.motor aside gm are just not well built. The interiors are extremely chincey and the body panels are like tin.

Well guess it is a good thing you grabbed an 05" and not to much newer. http://www.tbo.com/ap/epa-orders-recall-of-500000-cars-claims-vw-violated-clear-air-laws-20150918/

http://www.tbo.com/ap/epa-orders-recall-of-500000-cars-claims-vw-violated-clear-air-laws-20150918/

Looks like the EPA is trying to ensure we have even less options for diesel vehicles in the future.

The EPA is a joke.

Still funny that it happened to VW though.

O’Donnell accused VW of “cheating not just car buyers but the breathing public.” He said the charges undercut industry rhetoric about “clean diesel” cars.

Priceless. Some of the quotes in this article are absolutely hysterical.

The EPA is a joke.

Still funny that it happened to VW though.
Well since they are virtually the only maker offering affordable diesels it makes sense it would happen to them.

We are still waiting on the Mazda diesel

Doc wants a truck. Doc deserves a truck. Doc needs to wait until she's making Doc money. Hahaha

I think its going to have to happen soon though, her Patriot is at that "needs to go" time.

Doc wants a truck. Doc deserves a truck. Doc needs to wait until she's making Doc money. Hahaha

I think its going to have to happen soon though, her Patriot is at that "needs to go" time.

Just remember "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

Back