Long island golfers group

Bethpage Black

Reaction score
Handicap
I know that there are many of us strong islanders on here. I started this thread to say hello and maybe make some new playing partners for next year. It's gonna be a long winter so we can talk golf on this thread.

I will be in 2018! Just let my membership expire from a NJ club, so I'll be playing all the NYC/LI public courses this year. This 25 degree weather is killing me right now. Shoot me a message if you ever want to play.

I'm in Bergen County NJ but happy to travel for a game. Have been playing BB for over 30 years and is one of my favorites.

Welcome to THP! I've never played BPB. But I'd love to.

Hey guys... former Long Islander .. want to come back to play Bethpage Black... any advice on how to get a tee time as an out of stater would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

Bumping this thread. Wanted to get some advice from you guys.

Got a trip to Manhattan planned with some family and was planning on getting there a day early to head over to Bethpage and get on the Black course. Looks like I would get to the course around 10am. I'd be a single and it would be April 18th, a Wednesday. With it being the week they open the course back up, I'm curious if it'll be jam packed or if I'll have the opportunity to squeeze in with a 3some at some point during that day

Definitely going to get my info sent in and try to reserve a spot within the 48 hours but wanted to see if anyone had a feel for the rush to get out there by locals opening week

Thanks guys

Message me closer to the date. I can make a tee time if I’m free that day. Keep in mind the black is closed Monday’s. You will get on if you just show up, but you run the risk of getting there at 10am and getting a 3pm tee time. How difficult to get on will be highly influenced by the weather. If you can’t get on the red is next door. Keegan Bradley’s favorite course at bethpage. Good luck.

Message me closer to the date. I can make a tee time if I’m free that day. Keep in mind the black is closed Monday’s. You will get on if you just show up, but you run the risk of getting there at 10am and getting a 3pm tee time. How difficult to get on will be highly influenced by the weather. If you can’t get on the red is next door. Keegan Bradley’s favorite course at bethpage. Good luck.
Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll definitely play red if black is out of the question. But definitely shooting for the black. I'll let you know when it gets closer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

I live in the city and have played all the courses at Bethpage. Black is obviously the best but what a hard course. My favorite course at Bethpage is the Red course

Thanks. I appreciate it. I'll definitely play red if black is out of the question. But definitely shooting for the black. I'll let you know when it gets closer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

It is not a guarantee that the Black will open by the 18th.....depends on how the end of the winter goes....usually during the week its not bad to get out on the Black...Red will probably be more difficult. Let me know as well maybe I will /can join you guys

How early in the season does Bethpage open to play typically?

Back