Power Tee - Smoke and Mirrors?

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
If you've been watching Golf Channel recently surely you have seen the ads for Power Tee. An automatic teeing golf mat.

The slogan is: "Raise your game, lower your score."

What? How does your automatic ball tee do that? The website doesn't work very well (only a handful of pages load for me,) so I'm just trying to figure out how and why they're advertising an artificial turf mat as a training aid.

The adverts have virtually no information.

Thoughts?

I am guessing they mean it will help you practice more, therefore helping to lower scores.

I agree, the ad is terrible.

They installed these at the Las Vegas Golf Center (formerly Taylormade Golf Experience, formerly Callaway Golf Experience). They are kind of interesting, and I use them when I practice there. But its really only a driving range product, not a consumer product. I imagine the advertising is aimed at golf course and driving range pros who happen to be watching the golf channel.

They have these at a local driving range. It's kind of cool to not have to bend over to tee up your ball every time. A simple press of the button raises and lowers the tee, but it is annoying that if you strike the mat while taking a practice swing it brings up another ball.

They have these at a local driving range. It's kind of cool to not have to bend over to tee up your ball every time. A simple press of the button raises and lowers the tee, but it is annoying that if you strike the mat while taking a practice swing it brings up another ball.

That’s a feature.

One plus the power tee offers is the ability to step the tee height to what you’re comfortable with. The downside is that if you get into “ball banging” mode at the range - mindlessly hitting shot after shot - this facilitates that behavior. Just hit your shot and wait for the next ball.

If you've been watching Golf Channel recently surely you have seen the ads for Power Tee. An automatic teeing golf mat.

The slogan is: "Raise your game, lower your score."

What? How does your automatic ball tee do that? The website doesn't work very well (only a handful of pages load for me,) so I'm just trying to figure out how and why they're advertising an artificial turf mat as a training aid.

The adverts have virtually no information.

Thoughts?

The thought is the device itself, as a whole, aligns you properly since well, there is a line separating the stance and hitting matt. Also, because it will keep feeding you balls you can groove a rhythm. Hit ball, step back, pre shot, set up, ball is loaded, swing.

It's a stretch, but it's what they think it does for you. They probably need to build in a launch monitor with it to make it mo-better for the $5,000 price tag.

They probably need to build in a launch monitor with it to make it mo-better for the $5,000 price tag.

That is 100% the reason I went to the site in the first place. I thought the ad was a teaser for some personal launch monitor. If I'm spending $5000 (for home or as a range/pro) I think I'd be going with a pre-owned GC2 or something similar

That is 100% the reason I went to the site in the first place. I thought the ad was a teaser for some personal launch monitor. If I'm spending $5000 (for home or as a range/pro) I think I'd be going with a pre-owned GC2 or something similar

I honestly thought you were joking about the price. Then I went to the site. WOW. I will take a skytrak and have money to stock a mini fridge full of beer. Would be cheaper to pay someone $10 an hour to tee the ball up for you. Why would a driving range even buy them when it is cheaper to get those es15's built into the range divider.

$5000 is too much money for that thing. I’m not honestly sure $500 isn’t too much.

The only thing that makes sense is their business model is to lease them to ranges.

Back