14-way stand bag mafia....where you at?!?!?

mr.hicksta

Golf->Tacos->Gainz
Reaction score
Once upon a time, I went through 16ish bags in the course of a calendar year trying to find the 'perfect' bag. That's right. 16 bags. I know, ridiculous! I tried damn near every offering that was current at the time, and found something I didn't like with every single one. I finally settled on the 2015 Sun Mountain Four 5 Custom (no SM logos) I got from Global Golf for a steal. What I've noticed though is that the only manufacturer who still makes individual slots is SM. Every other bag has a 14-way top, but only has 3 or 4 horizontal dividers, which defeats the purpose of having the 14-way top in the first place. It also seems like most companies are defaulting to the 4 or 5 way bags more often than not. I told mrs. hicksta I would like a new bag for Christmas and was pretty much set on just getting the latest SM Four 5, but figured I'd put this post up to see if there's something out there that I may not be aware of.

I appreciate the input!!!

14-way stand bag mafia....where you at?!?!?

I remember discussing that bag with you! Solid for sure, but I’m still carrying because #beastmode! It really seems like there are fewer options for 14-way stand bags now than there was a couple years ago. That makes me sad .

And I had the Ping Hoofer briefly. Good quality, but club tangle city!!!

I purchased the SM C-130S stand bag. It has 13 individual slots, 1 for the putter, and fold out legs for at the range. It has 8 pockets. I love this bag.

Only thing it sits in a riding cart backwards because of the legs. Something I have gotten used to. If you use a push cart it is ok. It also has a single strap which I like compared to the 4.5

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

There is also a 4.5 14 way from SM.

Vessel 14 way bag and not even close best bag on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once upon a time, I went through 16ish bags in the course of a calendar year trying to find the 'perfect' bag. That's right. 16 bags. I know, ridiculous! I tried damn near every offering that was current at the time, and found something I didn't like with every single one. I finally settled on the 2015 Sun Mountain Four 5 Custom (no SM logos) I got from Global Golf for a steal. What I've noticed though is that the only manufacturer who still makes individual slots is SM. Every other bag has a 14-way top, but only has 3 or 4 horizontal dividers, which defeats the purpose of having the 14-way top in the first place. It also seems like most companies are defaulting to the 4 or 5 way bags more often than not. I told mrs. hicksta I would like a new bag for Christmas and was pretty much set on just getting the latest SM Four 5, but figured I'd put this post up to see if there's something out there that I may not be aware of.

I appreciate the input!!!

You know the bags better than anyone here, no one is more qualified to pick the right stand bag!

Dave

Sun Mountain C130 S solved this issue for me. Best bag I've ever used.

There is also a 4.5 14 way from SM.

Pretty sure that is the bag is the bag he thought he would be getting.

Incredibly happy with mine as well. Not the lightest for carrying (think it is 6lbs) but the straps and quality are top notch. I usually use it on my push cart but when I carry it around for the short walks at the range it is very comfortable.

Now I have not heard of those. eBay the best place to get them?

LOL at the post title!

I'm still rocking a Nike hybrid 14-way and haven't had anything I like as much although never tried more than 2 or 3 in the same calendar year. Hahaha. It's not the lightest but other bags compromise in ways i don't like. I really wish Nike would still make bags!

Good luck finding the 14-way holy grail!

You crazy Josh.

Like Shane, I'm still rocking the Nike Hybrid Performance and dreading the day it wears out. But I'm obviously scanning the landscape too. You might have trouble getting another Sun Mountain Four 5 Custom bag. Sun Mountain says they are sold out. Besides those already mentioned, the TaylorMade 2017 Flextech Crossover Stand Bag is on my short list of contenders. There was an extensive review by THPers on this bag that you'll find in the forum archives.

Like Shane, I'm still rocking the Nike Hybrid Performance and dreading the day it wears out. But I'm obviously scanning the landscape too. You might have trouble getting another Sun Mountain Four 5 Custom bag. Sun Mountain says they are sold out. Besides those already mentioned, the TaylorMade 2017 Flextech Crossover Stand Bag is on my short list of contenders. There was an extensive review by THPers on this bag that you'll find in the forum archives.

Yeah the TMs are solid, but my gripe with them is the lack of full length individual dividers. If they had them I would’ve already picked one up!

I purchased the SM C-130S stand bag. It has 13 individual slots, 1 for the putter, and fold out legs for at the range. It has 8 pockets. I love this bag.

Only thing it sits in a riding cart backwards because of the legs. Something I have gotten used to. If you use a push cart it is ok. It also has a single strap which I like compared to the 4.5

I've got the same bag and I absolutely love it!

I have the SM Four 5 and love it. Have used it for almost 5 years now but its finally starting to wear down. Great bag.

Back