When you have no one to tell.

mquinton1

Reaction score
Handicap
My wife nodded her head, but didn't get why I was excited. Looked at me like I was an idiot. Didn't care much of the great three days I had. Needed a place to brag, I won't hide that. So here it goes.
After a seven year layoff and a 3 handicap then, I returned to golf at 64 three months ago. It's been frustrating trying to capture a little magic. Took two lessons, one in the beginning and one two weeks ago. Bought some AP-3s. Hit balls every day. Just no consistency. Last week I noticed in a shadow I wasn't getting my shoulder under my chin ( lazy turn) which created a long list of issues. From that point no toe hits, flush after flush and +10 to 15 yards on every club. Driver straight and long.
I've been hovering scoring around 84-87. Today only missed one fairway, and two greens. Shot a 73. Honestly if my putting was where it was I could've gone mid 60s.
Dreaming and thinking golf every moment once again.
Now I'm not naive enough to think every round will be like that, but to capture that magic and that feeling is why I wanted to start again as a retirement hobby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! Gotta love it when a plan comes together!!

Thats great.

Very nice! And you're always welcome to chat it up here! No one in my family cares much for golf, so I understand all that this entails.

great round! you’ll get that handicap back in no time. well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratz on the 73. That is so awsome after a long lay off!

That's awesome, nice work!

Great job!

Fantastic.....great story, we're all proud of you. Keep it up and keep up the progress chatter.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Well done!

Great round! Really is an amazing feeling when everything comes together.

That's awesome!

Great job.

Great work!!

Congrats. That's a great game.

Living the life. Enjoy retirement!!

Love to hear people ahving a great round

Congrats...and welcome back from the layoff !

That's wonderful! You'll always find a place at THP to share like that. I'm sure you had plenty of memorable moments shooting that 73, but tell us what was the best shot of the round?

Well done! That's a great feeling when things come together like that. Makes you want to come back for more

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice job!!!

I want this feeling! I am obsessed with getting better right now. It is my iron play, for the most part, holding me back.

Back