2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, enough is enough! I'm starting. This is ridiculous. I need to lose 25 lbs. over the winter. Ideas?

Alright, enough is enough! I'm starting. This is ridiculous. I need to lose 25 lbs. over the winter. Ideas?

Weight Watchers. I am using it and I'm hooked.

Had a bad day yesterday thanks to an Oktoberfest themed party last night with beer, brats, and pretzels. I ended up 430 calories over my budget. Was still 100 times better than it would have been last year, but still a small setback. Getting back on track today and working even harder this week to right the ship.

That sounds a) fun and b) a great reason to go over just for the day. Need to have a little fun outside the plan once and awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, something is going on with me. It's been 6 weeks (I'm either starting my 6th or just finishing my 6th. Can't remember) of better eating, portion control and no soda/energy drinks. It's also been 2 weeks of light exercise and the scale read 198 pounds again...

So either my scale is broken, I'm putting on muscle (highly doubtful) or my plan isn't working at all. Funny thing is I'm sleeping better in my opinion and my wife confirmed my snoring is way down. I just don't know why I haven't lost a pound in it all...

Definitely frustrated and may need to rethink my plan.

How are your clothes fitting? Also are you getting plenty of water?

Well, something is going on with me. It's been 6 weeks (I'm either starting my 6th or just finishing my 6th. Can't remember) of better eating, portion control and no soda/energy drinks. It's also been 2 weeks of light exercise and the scale read 198 pounds again...

So either my scale is broken, I'm putting on muscle (highly doubtful) or my plan isn't working at all. Funny thing is I'm sleeping better in my opinion and my wife confirmed my snoring is way down. I just don't know why I haven't lost a pound in it all...

In my semi-professional opinion, you need to stop looking at the scale and start pinching yourself for body composition once every couple of weeks.

Exercise builds muscle, no matter how light the exercise is. You could be strolling two blocks, but until your body gets used to it, you will build muscle from it.

All that to say, wait until six months. If you're still not seeing results, be a bit frustrated. :)

Tipped the scale this morning at 228. Now to get to the teens!

I have a feeling your body may have adjusted to the new "you" so to speak. Should try to switch it up a little. I had the same thing happen both during and after our 3 week vegan diet.

Weigh in day for me. Down 2 lbs this week for 6 lbs overall in three weeks of losing. I definitely can't complain with 2 lbs per week average. A long way to go, but moving in the right direction.

Weight Watchers. I am using it and I'm hooked.

Me too.

You can try the WW plan that Fupresti, myself and many others are doing on here. Very simple way to really tackle some of the issues and get some others in here that can help you. Its not some special magic or the perfect item, but it has worked for many in here, me included. Its easy to follow, easy to use and you never feel like you are "cheating".

All it takes is an app (some are free, mine cost $3.99) and you can dive right in.

16 down, 21 to go! I've ordered a Power Tower which will be here this week - in the past, that was a great thing to have because I could knock out push-ups, pull-ups, dips and ab exercises every time a commercial came on.

But it has been the 6 small, healthy meals each day that has helped me get the 16 down. Continuing that while adding the strength training should allow me to knock off the final 21, and then maintain it.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. That about sums it up!

How are your clothes fitting? Also are you getting plenty of water?

Still tight or doesn't fit for 80% of my closet. I'm getting way more water than I used to. It's basically all I drink now.

In my semi-professional opinion, you need to stop looking at the scale and start pinching yourself for body composition once every couple of weeks.

Exercise builds muscle, no matter how light the exercise is. You could be strolling two blocks, but until your body gets used to it, you will build muscle from it.

All that to say, wait until six months. If you're still not seeing results, be a bit frustrated. :)

I have been watching areas to see if the fat is disappearing anywhere. Unfortunately, it's a crude method as I'm not measuring with anything. Everything feels the same to me.

I have a feeling your body may have adjusted to the new "you" so to speak. Should try to switch it up a little. I had the same thing happen both during and after our 3 week vegan diet.

I've thought my system might need some type of "shock" to get it going.

You can try the WW plan that Fupresti, myself and many others are doing on here. Very simple way to really tackle some of the issues and get some others in here that can help you. Its not some special magic or the perfect item, but it has worked for many in here, me included. Its easy to follow, easy to use and you never feel like you are "cheating".

All it takes is an app (some are free, mine cost $3.99) and you can dive right in.

I will look into an app for my phone.

Thanks for all the replies! I appreciate it

I have at least 15 lbs I am working on taking off the old lard arse. Maybe even 25 but one goal at a time and I will do it by cutting out sugary products, drinking tons of water, and exercising as much as my body can take. We'll see where this goes as I'm not setting a date to do this as my goal is a full life change type move.

Who has two thumbs and crossed into the 220s? This guy.

Who has two thumbs and crossed into the 220s? This guy.

The 220s I can believe, but the two thumbs? That is breaking news.

Ate poorly yesterday and took a step back on the scale this morning which is my official weigh in day. After 11 weeks I'm at 196 lbs, and 22 lbs down overall. Staying right in the 2 lb a week average this will make this sustainable for the long haul.

Another work trip starts tomorrow but this should be easier to eat healthy on since it's just me and I can pick where I eat.

There is such a mental side to this process. A couple of real life challenges are making me want to eat comfort food and have a few beers. That got me yesterday. Need to stay tough and stick to my plan even when I don't want too.

211.2 after a weekend at the resort, I'll take it!

This month it’s going to be my 12th month at the long term weight loss treatment program organized by Harvey Brooker. That means I’m going to get out of the treatment as a happy person who had lost a 120 lbs. Suffered a lot due to my overweight, with the community and with the health. I thought my life was going to be wasted meaningless. I had to thank my friend who referred this weight loss program for me. Now I had to maintain my health and need to work hard for not making any further mistakes in my life. The thing that I learned from the life so far is that “life is not just for eating, eat for life”

This month it’s going to be my 12th month at the long term weight loss treatment program organized by Harvey Brooker. That means I’m going to get out of the treatment as a happy person who had lost a 120 lbs. Suffered a lot due to my overweight, with the community and with the health. I thought my life was going to be wasted meaningless. I had to thank my friend who referred this weight loss program for me. Now I had to maintain my health and need to work hard for not making any further mistakes in my life. The thing that I learned from the life so far is that “life is not just for eating, eat for life”

That's a good lesson to learn, good luck on your journey.

Dreading and looking forward to how sore I'm going to feel in the morning. That 2nd day is brutal. Jumping back in there tomorrow after work. Heading home to do yoga now. Only having a couple of beers at bowling tonight. Anything else will be bourbon..

Combination of post detox/cleanse diet and 5am boot camp from work has me back on the weight loss train. Starting at 215, target of 200. Hoping for 1-2 pounds a week. That should get me to my goal when bootcamp is over in 6 weeks.

Did a good HIIT workout on the treadmill tonight. I am pretty sore from my chest workout yesterday. All part of getting back into it.

Did a good HIIT workout on the treadmill tonight. I am pretty sore from my chest workout yesterday. All part of getting back into it.
Way to go. I did my HIIT boot camp tonight. Man does that HIIT stuff kick your butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back