New sticks in town: Taylormade TP CB (KBS Tour stiff)

Spicy Faiz

Reaction score
Handicap
Was looking for a new set of irons. Went to my golf pimp (thanks for keeping the addiction alive :) ) to try the Cobra AMP CELL forged irons and a couple of others.
I started to warm-up with the Taylormade Tour Preferred CB irons with KBS Tour stiff shafts. Man, these irons are so easy to hit. The shop owner switched on the Flightscope X2 and I fired around 20 balls (7 iron). According to the Flightscope the ballflight was around 160-165 yds (swing speed between 86-90 mph). That's quite far compared to my "old" Mizzy mp58 7 iron (around 150-155 yds).
Did not even touch the others, fell instant in loooooooove with the Taylormade :beauty:

Tomorrow, depending on the amount of rain coming down, I will go to either the driving range or go for a short round of 9 holes to dial these babies in.

Keep you updated…..

There are other irons that are longer, like the speedblades, but I love these irons. I've had them for 2 seasons now and don't see a change anytime soon. Enjoy the new clubs!

I have to admit that I am, and have always been, really intrigued by these sticks. I only have hit them twice on a monitor, and both times I enjoyed them. I've never hit them on grass, unfortunately.

Can anyone compare these to the XR Pros or AP2s?

I have to admit that I am, and have always been, really intrigued by these sticks. I only have hit them twice on a monitor, and both times I enjoyed them. I've never hit them on grass, unfortunately.

I liked the AP2s more but I think I liked these more than the XR Pros.

In my limited experience with the AP2s I liked them, and thought they were similar. If I wasn't playing these AP2 would be my next choice.

In my limited experience with the AP2s I liked them, and thought they were similar. If I wasn't playing these AP2 would be my next choice.

Any reason you went with the CBs instead of the MCs?

Any reason you went with the CBs instead of the MCs?

Nope, other than I went through the fitting at the performance lab and these are what the fitter recommended for me.

There are other irons that are longer, like the speedblades, but I love these irons. I've had them for 2 seasons now and don't see a change anytime soon. Enjoy the new clubs!

Thanks, I will.
I know, but length is not my problem. These babies add a decent 6 to 10 yards compared to the Mizzy's.

Went to the driving range this morning (it was already 2 months ago when I played my last round), to shake off some dust and rust of my "athletic" body.
Did a warm-up and started with the pitching wedge. Felt a tiny bit heavier than the MP-58 pitching wedge, but it felt good. Easy swing and gained around 10 yards (steady 100 mtrs / 110 yds)
Hit 10 balls with each iron and what surprised me, is that the longer irons were really easy to hit. 5i, normally not my favorite, but now I was bombing balls around 170-180 mtrs / 190-200 yds)
Same with the 4i and 3i. Hit those with great ease. I will keep my hybrids in the bag, loft set at 20 deg. Just to have a rescue in cases things go south.
The gain in distance is mostly the result of the "flatter" angles of the Taylormade irons. They are 0,5 to 1 club longer than the Mizzy MP-58. But much easier to get them airborne.

Next Sunday I will attend a tournament (friendly, with around 20 players, just for a bottle of wine). We are going to play 3 rounds of 9 holes. Cannot wait till Sunday :-D

Congrats, enjoy the irons. I have the MC version and I'm really looking them as well.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Switching from the MC to the CB?

So I'm back.

I played 3 rounds of 9 last Sunday. Have to get used to the distance, but these irons are point and shoot. In the first round of 9 I was a bit cautious with my swing speed, because it was the first time I hit them on the course, and also the course was new to me. But even then they felt very steady. On the par 3 (2 of around 135yrd) they produced some nice pin seeking balls, around 6 feet of the pin. Ball flight, although it was a little bit windy, was very nice. Not too high, but nice mid high penetrating, very easy to follow. In the second and last round I hit them full power, wind was getting stronger, but did not affect the ball too much. Hit more GIR's and even the approach shot were very accurate. Pitch shots (one of my favorite shots) were more precise than with my old Mizzy's. I love it when I get the balls within 1 foot of the hole :) .
Saturday morning I am going for a round of 9 on my home course, to have a better comparison against my old sticks.

Back