Your Biggest Improvement This Year?

short game, 40 yards and in, it has kept me from posting big scores!

Driving. I'm hitting a lot of fairways and my GIR is good as well.

Short game. Simplified my backswing and implemented the Rule of Twelve and now I actually have a chance to get up and down a few times a round.

Putting. I set out this year to become what most would say was a really good putter. It must have worked out because my group lately has started making the gimme range bigger.

For me, I would have to say my consistency with my irons has improved considerably since getting fitted to my new ones, and this has been shown in my scores that are now having a much smaller spread between the low and high rounds

After seeing how much of a difference that has made to my game it has got my thinking about the next thing I need to work on to try and drop my handicap to single figures

I think it would mental. Acceptance during a round of golf is something I've never had, I've always fought to get that bogey back, tried to hit the perfect shot, or work harder than anyone else, this year has taught me that none of that matters at all.

Your Biggest Improvement This Year?

I've been working on my putting and had improved quite a bit until I changed putters recently. Feeling more of a shoulder take away instead of hands and letting the putter go back on plain (slightly inside) has made me very consistent. Using aim point to read the greens has given me massive confidence as the putts seem to do what I expect of them more often.

I've straightened up my driver (Ive averaged two missed fairways my last four rounds). Basically because I've stopped trying to play a draw and have started playing a little gay fade. It feels easy.

I've also straightened up my irons after realizing I had an open stance and fought a draw as my ball hooked towards the line my feet were aligned to. I straightened up the alignment of my feet and started hitting either dead straight or little draws which start out to the right and draw back in line.

Getting the setup right for my pitch (approach) shots has helped keep them on target and using a rangefinder to get an average estimate of on ball grouping with each swing type has helped hone my distances.

All-in-all I've worked hard on my game over the winter at the range and on my soggy home track.... Just in time for summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two major improvements:

1) Overall distance improved greatly due to fixing some pervasive swing issues. Got rid of a distance-robbing slice and picked up between 20 and 25 yards across the board on every club in the bag.

2) I don't fear shots inside 100 any more and instead have confidence to not only get it on the green but to try and get it close if the pin is in a good spot for it.

While I still have plenty of work to do, my driver has come a long way. Like from 8 penalties a round off the tee to sometimes 0 penalties with 50% or more FIRs.

For me it has been a combo of short game and course management. Both I put in time over the winter last year to improve on and it has really paid off

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My attitude on the course. Makes every round more enjoyable. Sure I get frustrated but I really just play for the enjoymment. When I grind it doesn't feel that way.

Chipping. I was always good for 3 or 4 duffs a round. Now I have a ton of confidence in my technique to hit a few different types of chips and avoid double bogeys.

It seems as though I have had a really solid year putting from inside of 8 feet. I don't have any stats to back this up, but my confidence on those putts is through the roof right now.

Ball striking and scoring. I'm finding the middle of the face more consistently and have been scoring better than previous years.

Golfamnesia. I think that this year I have turned the corner as far as letting go of the results of my last swing and being able to focus on my next shot.

Definitely my consistency off the tee and my putting.

This year the focus has been my driver. For close to 3 years I refused to use it, because I had no confidence nor control off the tee. I've turned it around big time, with tons of practice. According to my stats I'm hitting 57% of fairways, and very rarely am I OB or in the thick stuff. I know where my miss is when I'm off and I'm completely confident when I step on the tee now, and with more confidence my average driving distance is starting to climb.

My putting has been great this year and I'm averaging 2 putts per hole (2.1 to be exact). Gone are the days where I three putt six or seven holes during a round.

Putting.

Seemore.

It sounds a little weird saying it, as it's pretty much always been the best part of my game, but my putting has gotten even better, in large part thanks to Cure, but my confidence on the greens is off the charts!

Mentally: it has been my approach and learning how to play without getting frustrated. I try to not worry about any one else and just focus on "Playing against myself" and trying to be the best I can (so cliche). I dont focus on other people or their scores and trying to beat them. Lately, I have been thinking my way around the course a lot better and it has helped me. I am enjoying playing golf again, which for me has made a huge difference in my quality of life.

Physically: I have figured out my driver, which was part of the reason that I quit playing golf 4 years ago. I was so frustrated that I couldnt hit off the tee. Every once in a while I get the Chuck Knoblach yips on the tee box, but that doesnt happen much.

Mostly, I am just happy with how hard I have worked this season to get better and it is starting to show in my game. I have spent a lot of time on the putting green and range to work on different things. Can't wait tiil next year when I can take my game to another level.

I'll say confidence. Just settling up to the ball everytime believing the shot in front of me is in my arsenal. It would seem that even what feels like a bad shot still ends up on the green or close. And if it doesn't just go to it and hit best shot I can the next try.

Lag putting finally something I don't fear. Also the long, middle clubs are so much more reliable. 5w, 3h, 5i & 6i, especially off the tee but just feel like I can hit shots with every club I carry.

Putting and chipping are getting better this year.

Throwing long irons in trash and buying hybrids

AimPoint express elevated my putting to another level. Second biggest improvement is my driving, due to simulator sessions during the winter.

My putting in general and especially making longer putts and my proximity to the hole on putts over 40 feet. I took a putting lesson and it has made a huge difference. I changed everything about my putting: stance, ball position, grip, putter loft and posture. I've only had 1 round in the last 15 where I didn't make at least one putt over 25 feet and many rounds I'm making 3+ putts over 15 feet. I wish my stubbornness didn't prevent me from taking a putting lesson decades ago!

putting. it still needs a lot of work but a great improvement

Back