The Powerball and Mega Millions Wanna win it thread

Picked up a few tickets on my way home tonight... can't win if you don't play right?

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Got my two Powerball tickets for tonight and two MegaMillions for Friday night. SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

Let me know if you need a high priced caddy if you win! I picked up a couple of tickets the dreaming alone is worth a couple bucks.

I had one number on one line right. Guess it's back to work.

$246 million in the Mega Millions drawing.

I have a good feeling about this one, hahaha.

Nice Sunday Winning discovery

Nice Sunday Winning discovery

Woke up this morning after a long Saturday but fun with other THPers in OK.

Check this ticket out from the Friday MegaMillons drawing.

Both had the Powerball number and the top one had 3 numbers which translated into $153 in winnings for me.

20150118_113324_zpsff2186cb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congrats!!! I love that feeling of holding a winning ticket. Enjoy your victory spoils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerball is up to the sixth highest in history.

It would finish off my retirement fund nicely, haha.

Yours and everyone in your family, lol.

I want to win but I still wouldn't retire I enjoy working far to much and frankly that is not enough money for me to be comfortable to just sit around and do whatever I want I would have to start a company or invest heavily in a company to keep me busy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll be picking up my tickets tonight. Not that I have a chance to win, but buying a ticket gets me a better chance at winning than not buying one.

I want to win but I still wouldn't retire I enjoy working far to much and frankly that is not enough money for me to be comfortable to just sit around and do whatever I want I would have to start a company or invest heavily in a company to keep me busy.

I'm with you I wouldn't be able to just quit working. Quit my job? Possibly and go do something I wanted to do. I'd probably invest in one of the management companies that make up the company I work for and then just let the money come in.

I was actually thinking about starting a thread with this topic. What would you spend your winnings on? Estimated cash option right now is $275M.

If I won, first I'd be paying a lawyer and accountant to take care of all the legal matters and that kind of stuff. After that I'd probably buy a decent house on a golf course and see if I could pay ahead for multiple years of a membership. After that I'd probably "hand out" about $1.5M to family. Approx $600k of that would go to my parents and my wife's sister to pay off mortgages. The remainder would go into accounts to pay for our nieces and nephews colleges. Up to $100k a piece. That way they could go to what ever college they wanted as long as the could get in. After that I'm not sure what I would do. I guess put it in the bank/cd's and live off it.

picking up my tickets tonight. Cash payout is somewhere around $240,000,000. Thats enough to move to La Quinta and become a member at Hideaway. I hope

picking up my tickets tonight. Cash payout is somewhere around $240,000,000. Thats enough to move to La Quinta and become a member at Hideaway. I hope

And you could fly out visitors! :alien:

in fl, we don't have state income tax, so you're looking at 39.6% to the feds and you walk away with about $145,000,000. i'd fund my kids' college with separate education trusts, and i'd fund my triplet cousins' college the same way. then i'd set up a decent sized charitable remainder unitrust with fixed income of around $100,000 a month, remainder to the charities after the wife and i go. that way, if we become another lottery statistic, at least we have a fixed annual income. i'd move out to somewhere with a great view and a large piece of land and a decent sized plantation style home, near a fantastic golf course. we would travel a good bit, then ultimately find some places around the world to have vacation homes. i'd buy the family business so my parents are taken care of, and set up an annuity for my dad who doesn't have a pot to piss in. after all that i'd probably still have like $120,000,000 to play with, so it'd probably just go into ultra conservative growth funds in the market, some real estate, and maybe some small businesses. i have zero desire to work another day in my life.

Not sure if I would even move or not. I would want to travel a bit more. I would throw one heck of a bash with my closest friends and family. As far as handouts only my immediate family and even then I would help pay off a mortgage or something but not enough to make them rich as well.

It is a ton of money and for sure could last a lifetime but if not careful it could also be gone in a few years. I know who is with me now and they would be there when I won or lost the random friends after I won would be curbed away quickly

Not sure if I would even move or not. I would want to travel a bit more. I would throw one heck of a bash with my closest friends and family. As far as handouts only my immediate family and even then I would help pay off a mortgage or something but not enough to make them rich as well.

It is a ton of money and for sure could last a lifetime but if not careful it could also be gone in a few years. I know who is with me now and they would be there when I won or lost the random friends after I won would be curbed away quickly

I'm right there with you. I would quit my current job, but would have to find something to keep me busy and earning money.

Like you I have family I would take care of, etc.. But I would be frugal and not be one of those who lost it all the first few years bc you have no control

I would quit my job and move someplace on a beach. I would travel the world and see things I never would have been able to. I would golf much much more and invest so my kids and family were well taken care of for generations. I would probably give some money to my parents, brother and sister as well as my wifes immediate family, but other than that nobody is getting free handouts.

I need to go buy some tickets.

I wonder what the price tag would be on THP? With $200M+ I might be able to afford it. Of course I'd have to keep JB and GG on board to keep things running smoothly. :comp:

The cash option would keep me more than comfortable, first thing is to get with my CPA, tax attorney and investment guy.

Then I'd just work part-time till I got everything in place. I'd single handedly fund MPS II research for a cure, buy a bunch of property in an area with easy access to an airport and build a retreat area for children with disabilities and their families all funded off investment interest. Then I'd farm/ranch and travel around.

I'll pick up a ticket tonight after work. It's better odds that not buying a ticket, but certainly NOT by much.
Pipe dreams!! I know my first move after the big win though... New underwear. I'd need them. #Kentwool? :)

Got our tickets for tonight. Hoping lady luck smiles down on us!

Going to stop and pick up some tickets on my way home. I am feeling lucky... I am going to hit it!

Aren't you always the favorite to win everything? Maybe this is your time? :)

Got our tickets for tonight. Hoping lady luck smiles down on us!

I picked up a couple tickets as well. I can't imagine what I would do with that amount of money.

Back