Graphite Iron Shafts: Which release intrigues you the most?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Of all the graphite iron shafts we are seeing lately, which one interests you the most?

It isn't that new, but the Recoil 110s. Danny Le from UST said they would be a great fit for me, and I have pondered, but price/shaft swapping has always steered me elsewhere.

Recoil prototype 125's or anything steelfiber. I'm really intrigued by those two lines. I also like that they look fairly clean and have that dark grey almost steel shaft finish. If it's a shaft for an iron, and has any color or weird design to the graphite shaft, there is about a 0% chance I ever even look at it.

• Staff
I want heavier Programs, I think I'd love them.

I tried Kang's new Program K15? shafted Muria 7 iron and it was awesome even at X flex 120 gram, would love to try it in a stiff

• Staff
I tried Kang's new Program K15? shafted Muria 7 iron and it was awesome even at X flex 120 gram, would love to try it in a stiff

F15's, should have hit my irons too, I've got the 95's in them. Excellent shafts, but pricey, and thats my hangup moving to a heavier weight.

The recoils still have my interest, just trying to figure out what iron set the ones I have go in.

I hit his then my 7 iron with the steelfiber 95 and would think the F15 in a 110 stiff if they have it would be perfect. But wow they are pricey, it the stars align I may look at the new APEX or APEX pro up shafted to the Programs. I have some money sitting in Brazil (devaluing daily) that may need to come home next week and given to Callaway.

I'd like some steelfibers but just so expensive. I wish they could drive the price down on these somehow

The Recoil 125's in my irons. I'm in love. I would really like to see them make a Recoil set with the weight variance of the AMT shafts.

Would like to try Recoil 110 in my iron set. Currently have them in my wedges and 95 in my iron set. Love my wedges a lot more than my irons.

Really don't know enough about the recent releases to have an option. With that said, love my Recoils.

Hate to say it, but I really don't know that much about the recent releases either. Not really "recent" but I still love my i95 SteelFibers.

Guys, don't focus in on the recent as being new, just a broad range of current/recent lines that are out. That was my intention.

I'd also like to hit the RIP iron shafts eventually.

I really would like to take a few swings with some Steelfibers - probably the 95 in regular.

I was going to start a thread about ones I'm interested in because I haven't seen any mention of them...

I'm very interested in the Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage TiNi irons and OT iron shafts. Anyone tried either?

Recoils for me. Already want to go lighter than my 110 tour v so might as well get the benefit of graphite while I'm at it.

Would love to try a Grandura 590 in my driver and program F15 in my irons. Probably neither will happen for a long time

I've never hit a graphite iron shaft, shame on me! Honestly I don't change irons very often so it will probably be another 6 or 8 years before I even think about buying graphite iron shafts.

Of all the graphite iron shafts we are seeing lately, which one interests you the most?

I have NO idea. I need to learn more. I'm getting older (54 very soon) and I'm thinking my next irons will have graphite. I love the Project X 5.5 LZ's & SD's in my driver, woods and hybrids, so I'm not sure......?

I love my Programs but the recoils and steelfiber have my attention.

I'm currently looking for shafts to swap into a set of irons that won't break the bank. I'd love to put Recoils in them, but they're a little too much considering this is not my primary iron set.

F15s for me

Guys, don't focus in on the recent as being new, just a broad range of current/recent lines that are out. That was my intention.

I'd also like to hit the RIP iron shafts eventually.

RIP Iron shaft is interesting not a ton of feel imo but again that is subjective I did have a good ball flight out of the couple I tried.

I have a set coming with some heavier F15's in them so I will be testing those out a bit more and as always the recoil is a solid solid option

James did you ever do anything with those veylix iron shafts or did they turn out to be to much of a pain to swingweight?

I will second the RIP iron shaft. I don't know a ton about them, but I had a lot of success with the RIP Alpha.

Back