What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
95 (53/42), 38 putts, 8/13 FW, 5/18 GIR, 5 penalty strokes. I was ready to call it a season after the front 9, what a disaster, frustrated and angry.
Back 9 was a completely different story with the 42 and that included 3 penalties. It was like 2 different golfers on the front and back. I'm a complete mental case on the course.

Shot a 45. Was ready to pack it in after going +6 in the first four holes, but was able to get out of my own head and get some finish-focus swing thoughts instead of impact-focused, which really rescued me. My game off the tee right now is just bad, bad, bad. Going to need to invest in a lesson or two and get my game back on track.

Shot a solid 89. Played terrible to start and terrible to finish (doubles on 17 and 18) but had string of good play that should have yielded three straight birdies. Bagged the first on one 14. Just missed a 30 footer on 15 (I still don't know how it slipped by the hole). And then left a 10 footer about two inches short on 16. All in all, I left pretty happy.

80 (42-38) with three 3-putt bogies on the back. Putting was atrocious. 20 putts on the back...lolololol

Worst putting day ever. Got 36 in today

40 - 44 = 84
35 putts with no 3 putts (takes an insane amount of effort to have 35 putts without a 3 putt, total commitment to not making a first putt but not hitting ****ty lags)
6/14 FIR (had several recovery shots that were pitch outs or insanely hard tree trouble)
6/18 GIR
No birdies 1 double

37 - 39 = 76
34 putts with one 3 putt
8/14 FIR
11/18 GIR
1 birdie no doubles.

About the only good thing about today was in only took a few minutes over 5 hours to finish 36

Shot +13 over 15 holes today. I'm so lost right now with my irons and wedges it's not funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 12 holes after work today. Waited 30 minutes after I arrived for a heavy rainstorm to go through and the course was soaked. Shot +7 for 12 holes.

Not great but the round showed me that I need to really get my head around playing on a wet course. I was so apprehensive of sticking the club into the wet ground that I ended up hitting lots of shots on the bottom couple of grooves. Couple of fliers and also low spin (wet greens balanced some of that out). At the beginning, my mind flattened out my swing as psychologically I wasn't comfortable on hitting down on the ball. Going to have to find a time/place to really soak some ground and practice hitting from a soggy lie.

Played well last night after work on an easier course. Course was giving up Texas-roll which definitely helps.
40/36 76.
2 Doubles, 1 Bogey, 1 Birdie.

I'm just hoping I can build on this because my iron play was ridiculously.

Played yesterday and shot 86 (43, 43). All things considered, that's not too bad. But, when I heal up, I'm going to wreck some fools with the handicap I'm building. :alien:

43/42 for 85, and a new personal best!

43/42 for 85, and a new personal best!

Great round. Congrats on your new personal best

Today was a complete and total grind. Couldn't string consecutive shots together all day.

37-40
+7, 77
4 FIR
8 GIR
29 putts

Today was a complete and total grind. Couldn't string consecutive shots together all day.

37-40
+7, 77
4 FIR
8 GIR
29 putts
For a total grind, as evident by your stats and knowing your game, 77 is still a pretty darn good result.

For a total grind, as evident by your stats and knowing your game, 77 is still a pretty darn good result.

Yea, I was surprised I kept it in the 70's. Some really good up and downs helped

Yea, I was surprised I kept it in the 70's. Some really good up and downs helped
Seems like when tee game is off, short game is on. And vice versa. Helps salvage scores. When they're both on, that's when you get those under-par rounds. Keep it up.

After four three-putts yesterday, none today and four less total putts today but the score was only one better. 78 (41, 37)

41/41. didn't keep track of stats, unfortunately. my putting cost me 5, maybe 7 strokes today. 2 3-putts, and several putts inside 8' that i should have made. again, practice green prior to teeing off was great, with lots of excellent putting. then i get on the course it just all falls apart, with a pronounced yip at impact. pretty damn good ball-striking day, though. some really solid mid-irons and wedge play, and obviously the occasional head-scratcher.

Shot an even par 35/37-72 today in men's league! Had a dunked pitch for an eagle, 3 birdies, two bogeys, and a tough break triple on #11 where the swirly winds made a 180° turn and blew my ball into a very bad spot. I was really proud of the fact that I played back in at -2 after that tough break. Probably the best I've played through an entire 18 holes.

Had a monster 9 tonight. Played the back nine from the tips on a whim (about 7,000 in total) and was hammering my driver into great range.

A missed putt on the final hole finished at -4 32. My personal best from those tees on the back. It was awesome.

Wow dude way to go

Do work Dan

That's awesome Dan! -4 on 9 is just silly, was that with the Cobra driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back