CBS Didn't Renew Feherty's Contract

It's official, David Feherty has signed with NBC.

David Feherty has signed with NBC Sports Group in a deal that will see the golf commentator expand beyond sports. In addition to appearing as a golf analyst on NBC Sports and Golf Channel telecasts, the pact includes a “first look development deal” with Universal Television that will lead to entertainment-based shows. A formal announcement is planned for later this morning. As for the golf, Feherty primarily will be a walking on-course reporter for NBC and Golf Channel’s telecasts, which include PGA Tour events, the Olympics, Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup. He will be in the tower on occasion. The deal also ensures the continuation of Golf Channel's “Feherty” talk show, which debuted in '1

This makes me happy!!!

Yup. Good fit at NBC.

Good to know we will
Continue to hear DF across the airways

If he's going to be walking at East Lake, I'm definitely jumping off the fence and into the bus to go follow him around for a bit. Oh, and the final 30 for a cool 10 mil.

Yay!

Now....

#FIREJohnnyMiller

Good for him. Solid golf personality.

Yea, I like Feherty, but I can't think of a single sporting event, golf or otherwise, that my decision whether to tune in or not is determined by a commentator.

I can. If Joe Buck is announcing a football game, I'm out. I'll watch updates or highlights later. Back to Feherty, I think he knows what he's doing. And agree, he's better than last group on Sunday coverage. Hadn't read through the entire thread!! Awesome Feherty! GC always seemed like his favorite gig anyway
joe_buck1.jpg

Not surprised. Good for him though, sounds like a solid deal.

the guy is a breath of fresh air. and he takes his job seriously. when jason day won the barclays, feherty was about to interview him but jason day was chasing his kid around. feherty had the presence of mind to squat so he could talk to jason day while jason was holding his son, so the camera could take in all three of them in the shot. not many people have the humility or the smarts to do that in a split second. anybody else would have handled the situation differently. like many in this thread said, i think he'll be fine. i think leaving one stint will mean getting into a better one for him.

Saw that live as well, and agree it was natural genius move that others wouldn't have done. You could tell Jason was a little taken aback that DF was kneeling to he and Dash's level. Day was almost confused about how to handle it. Feherty very calmly said, "I'll come down to you guys" and the camera man followed them and it worked perfectly. Glad he's at NBC and GC

Good for DF, I had no doubt he would be just fine.

Back