Up & Down w/ Cleveland Golf - Extra Rounds & Travel Thread

The first post is updated to reflect all hotel choices.

In at Hyatt House with Nate and Mike.

While the Fup posse is hanging in Long Beach my crib is the Best Western Regency in Huntington Beach.

Is this set in stone? The rest of us are trying to nail down between staying at your crib or at Nate, Mike and Fupy's.
My plans are to drive down Friday morning, Pick up t4k at the airport and meet you guys somewhere. I'll be staying Fri and Sat night and in for extra rounds on Sunday. My question... will there be anyone going back to OC after Sundays round that can run t4k back south to the airport and I can head north after the round?

Is this set in stone? The rest of us are trying to nail down between staying at your crib or at Nate, Mike and Fupy's.
My plans are to drive down Friday morning, Pick up t4k at the airport and meet you guys somewhere. I'll be staying Fri and Sat night and in for extra rounds on Sunday. My question... will there be anyone going back to OC after Sundays round that can run t4k back south to the airport and I can head north after the round?

I've been sitting and waiting as well to hear a final consensus. It seems to keep changing.

After a little back and forth, The Papa/T4K brain trust has decided we are going to stick with the plan to join Duffer at the Huntington Beach Best Western.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a little back and forth, The Papa/T4K brain trust has decided we are going to stick with the plan to join Duffer at the Huntington Beach Best Western.

sweeet, just booked there!!

Last edited:

sweeet, just booked there!!
So much for getting any sleep.... Uh I mean glad you guys are joining me. :act-up:

Just finished booking myself into the Best Western Regency in Huntington Beach. Looking forward to it!

Think Mikeg and myself are playing Trump National come Sunday. If anyone else wants to join. I want to check course conditions in a few weeks as the drought seems to be affecting the nice courses now.

I think I read the first hole is under renovation, maybe closed.

Think Mikeg and myself are playing Trump National come Sunday. If anyone else wants to join. I want to check course conditions in a few weeks as the drought seems to be affecting the nice courses now.

Every course In my area has been rough with the drought.

I will say though that I saw some hope this week. We had a day and a half of steady rain and the course really perked up after. Some of the dead areas were filling in and the fairways and rough were noticeably more lush and full of color. I pleasantly enjoyed it. Were back to endless sun now, but hopefully we can get another day or two before the up and down.

Officially booked at the Best Western Regency also.

Okay, by my estimation all hotel stuff is booked and done for everyone. Let's move on to golf. I'll be honest, $150 for Trump Intl was more than I was planning to spend. But its only $50 more than Oak Quarry. For an extra $50 I'm good with Trump. I'll need to get a ride back to OC from someone after the round.

Nate & Mike - are you guys taking care of reservations?

Okay, by my estimation all hotel stuff is booked and done for everyone. Let's move on to golf. I'll be honest, $150 for Trump Intl was more than I was planning to spend. But its only $50 more than Oak Quarry. For an extra $50 I'm good with Trump. I'll need to get a ride back to OC from someone after the round.

Nate & Mike - are you guys taking care of reservations?

Yea, but I want to make sure they don't have hole closures or that the conditions are rough due to the drought. Would hate to pay that and then the conditions be less than ideal.

Are you seeing $150 for Trump? I thought I saw $200ish.

Hummmmm, well that might change things??!!
I just called the pro shop.

The course is 'scheduled' to be done with renovations on 10/19. They are removing a waterfall between 1, 17 and 2. 1 has a temp green. 2 is shortened to a 200 yard hole. They 'hope' to have it done by the 19th.

Aerification 'should' be completed by the 19th but condition and maturity of the grass will depend on weather.

They are definitely returning to their normal rates on 10/19. Morning rates are $280, mid morning rates are $250. Plus another 7.5% for the city tax.

I just called the pro shop.

The course is 'scheduled' to be done with renovations on 10/19. They are removing a waterfall between 1, 17 and 2. 1 has a temp green. 2 is shortened to a 200 yard hole. They 'hope' to have it done by the 19th.

Aerification 'should' be completed by the 19th but condition and maturity of the grass will depend on weather.

They are definitely returning to their normal rates on 10/19. Morning rates are $280, mid morning rates are $250. Plus another 7.5% for the city tax.

$280 is probably more than I'm willing to shell out, but I can find another place to play if you guys want to do Trump.

$280 is probably more than I'm willing to shell out, but I can find another place to play if you guys want to do Trump.
I'm out for Trump at $280 also.

I cant swing 280 for Trump either. Is everyone on board with Oak Quarry then? Nate and Mike? JB I know you originally said no, is that still definate?

We're gonna stick with Oak Quarry then for Mike and I. Don't know when they will dish tee times out but getting a 8am time for us would be ideal so we could get back downtown.

I called the clubhouse and begged for an early reservation since we've got out of towners. I was able to book 8:04 and 8:12am on Sunday, 10/25. $95pp, cart included. The reservation is in my name; send me a PM if you need my full name or the confirmation number.

Now lets see if we can fill those two empty spots. JB? Any of the Cleveland guys?

I called the clubhouse and begged for an early reservation since we've got out of towners. I was able to book 8:04 and 8:12am on Sunday, 10/25. $95pp, cart included. The reservation is in my name; send me a PM if you need my full name or the confirmation number.

Now lets see if we can fill those two empty spots. JB? Any of the Cleveland guys?

Thanks man, sounds great!

Perfect! Job well done!

Back