Amazon Fire TV Stick

Just got our Amazon Fire Stick yesterday. We are Amazon Prime members so we get some good stuff with that. Is WatchESPN available with this whether or not you have dish or cable?

Just got our Amazon Fire Stick yesterday. We are Amazon Prime members so we get some good stuff with that. Is WatchESPN available with this whether or not you have dish or cable?
I don't believe so.

My Fire TV stick arrives today from my prime day purchase. I have learned how to sideload apps which will allow Kodi (formerly XBMC) to be loaded which is pretty exciting. I have it on my AppleTV and it is pretty sweet. Also, found out how to download APKs from Google Play and sideload them. Does anyone have experience with this? I have the Xfinity TV APK downloaded to load on the Fire TV stick and if it works it should act as a cable box to watch live TV at home which would be incredible. Anyone with any tips or tricks as it relates to side loading apps and such?

Thanks

My Fire TV stick arrives today from my prime day purchase. I have learned how to sideload apps which will allow Kodi (formerly XBMC) to be loaded which is pretty exciting. I have it on my AppleTV and it is pretty sweet. Also, found out how to download APKs from Google Play and sideload them. Does anyone have experience with this? I have the Xfinity TV APK downloaded to load on the Fire TV stick and if it works it should act as a cable box to watch live TV at home which would be incredible. Anyone with any tips or tricks as it relates to side loading apps and such?

Thanks
I don't know what any of this means, but I'm excited to find out because mine arrives today also

Thanks

I dont get it? Can you not normally watch live TV at home?

Thanks

I had the Time Warner Cable app that did that. Allowed me to drop the extra cable box cost from my bill.

I dont get it? Can you not normally watch live TV at home?

The xfinity app let's you watch tv on your phone or tablet as long as you are on your home wifi. however, the app is not available from the amazon app store or on any of the fire tv, roku, apple tv, etc. devices. The app also does not allow airplay or chromecast support. Presumably because if it were you would be able to avoid the extra fees for additional cable boxes. I have an extra tv at home that I would like to use to watch live tv but I don't want to pay xfinity another $10/mo for a box.

Apparently, side loading google play apps is possible with a few workarounds so I should be able to load the xfinity phone/tablet app on the fire tv stick and xfinity would just think I have it on a phone or tablet. In the end, fire tv stick acts like an xfinity box without the $10.mo fee.

I had the Time Warner Cable app that did that. Allowed me to drop the extra cable box cost from my bill.

This just shows how different companies are. Time Warner makes it available on media boxes/sticks but Xfinity doesn't. One is focused on customer service and another is focused on dollars. Too bad I have 1 cable option around here.

eh, I wouldn't praise TWC, I think they are awful. I cut cable and at this point don't miss it.

eh, I wouldn't praise TWC, I think they are awful. I cut cable and at this point don't miss it.
TW is terrible, they just got caught charging people that thought they had high speed internet when it wasn't.
I cut cable years ago. What do you have now, Dean?

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

TW is terrible, they just got caught charging people that thought they had high speed internet when it wasn't.
I cut cable years ago. What do you have now, Dean?

still use their internet because they are the only game in town. Other than that hulu, sling(for 3 months), and a kick ass antenna

still use their internet because they are the only game in town. Other than that hulu, sling(for 3 months), and a kick ass antenna
Same here, stream a lot, firestick and a nice HD antenna.

A travel router at home would likely mean on the road you would get live TV as well since it's the same ip.

Having trouble with mine skipping all over the place when I'm searching through the main home screen. Driving me pretty crazy. Just reset it, hopefully that fixes it.

Having trouble with mine skipping all over the place when I'm searching through the main home screen. Driving me pretty crazy. Just reset it, hopefully that fixes it.

Ours has been acting a little wonky lately too, stops mid show and goes back to the home screen.

Ours has been acting a little wonky lately too, stops mid show and goes back to the home screen.
Hmm that's a little obnoxious. I just got it today, so it's not a great first impression. I do have it a floor above my router, and my connection was a tad slow earlier (8 Mbps), but it's over 30 Mbps now. It's paused twice so far 10 minutes into a show with that 30 Mbps too.

Hmm that's a little obnoxious. I just got it today, so it's not a great first impression. I do have it a floor above my router, and my connection was a tad slow earlier (8 Mbps), but it's over 30 Mbps now. It's paused twice so far 10 minutes into a show with that 30 Mbps too.
Yeah, it will pause and you just need to click the circle on the remote. It seems a little glitchy sometimes.

I moved this to the TV my Roku stick was on; one foot from my router. Hopefully this will help. And I'll see how the Roku does on the TV further from the router.

Got Kodi side loaded and it works great. Can watch just about any show I want at anytime.

Live tv via sideloading the xfinity app didn't work so well. It's a phone app made for touch screens so I couldn't do much after I opened the app except watch a couple channels. Might look into one of the apps that gives you a mouse/pointer on the fire stick. Not sure if it is really a big deal though. I can get ESPN and will prob grab a flat HDTV antenna and use it for networks.

That should cover any poolside or treadmill side love sporting events that could be on.

Gonna see if I can get wiziwig on Kodi again just as a back up.

So far I like it. The Prime movies look great and I really like the interface.

Defiantly going to keep it.

Anyone else have issues with dropping wireless when using WPA/WPA2? One of my two drops, i go to network settings, it sees the network with full signal strength but hangs on obtaining IP

bought the remote mouse app for firetv and iphone and now I can control the xfinity app like it is on my phone. works like a charm

Just moved this to the living room to take place of the old AppleTV2 since they are no longer supporting Kodi updates to jailbroken ATV2's. The stick has the latest Kodi installed and it is also just so much faster than the ATV2. I guess I didn't realize how slow that older device is. Even the wifi is as fast as the Ethernet on the ATV2. Just an overall better experience. To be fair, it is many years newer.

Speaking of new. Amazon just released the Fire Stick with voice remote although I don't think I would pay the extra $10 since it doesn't look like any of the stick hardware changed.

Amazon also introduced a new FireTV with 4k and a new Gaming FireTV that are pretty interesting.

Just moved this to the living room to take place of the old AppleTV2 since they are no longer supporting Kodi updates to jailbroken ATV2's. The stick has the latest Kodi installed and it is also just so much faster than the ATV2. I guess I didn't realize how slow that older device is. Even the wifi is as fast as the Ethernet on the ATV2. Just an overall better experience. To be fair, it is many years newer.

Speaking of new. Amazon just released the Fire Stick with voice remote although I don't think I would pay the extra $10 since it doesn't look like any of the stick hardware changed.

Amazon also introduced a new FireTV with 4k and a new Gaming FireTV that are pretty interesting.

You can buy the voice remote separately now if you want. I have it with my Fire TV in the bedroom and it actually works great.

Got mine set up. My first ever event watched on my new Fire Stick is the PGA Championship. :act-up:

We just put a 4K stick in the bedroom TV and I'm loving the Alexa remote, so easy to use.

Love my fire stick. I have an app installed called expat prime that gives me full 7 day catch up of tv back home. For that alone, the fire stick is worth its weight in gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back