UST Mamiya Elements Helium Shaft Review Thread

Well looks like me and Icey won the last ones for their march madness giveaway. Can't wait to be able to provide some updates in here!
Just the one you wanted! I think you are going to like it a lot. Super awesome shaft.

Just the one you wanted! I think you are going to like it a lot. Super awesome shaft.

You have one in stiff, correct? How does it play for you? Is it something I would need tipped or whatever to make it a bit stiffer?

You have one in stiff, correct? How does it play for you? Is it something I would need tipped or whatever to make it a bit stiffer?

I'll have my tipped hopefully by this evening. You playing Sat?

I'll have my tipped hopefully by this evening. You playing Sat?

So you're getting the stiff tipped to make it stiffer? How does one go about that? And no, unfortunately had to bow out.

So you're getting the stiff tipped to make it stiffer? How does one go about that? And no, unfortunately had to bow out.

No meant to say I'll have the adapter on. I received the stiff profile. Booo...

I have one in stiff yes. And no you wouldn't need to tip it, you could if you wanted but I don't think it would be necessary. Super stable and holds up to all swings.

I have one in stiff yes. And no you wouldn't need to tip it, you could if you wanted but I don't think it would be necessary. Super stable and holds up to all swings.

That sounds perfect. Thanks

With all the hype surrounding these UST events made me crave this shaft. I have put the Helium F4 in my driver and the F5 in my XRPRO 3W. Stability is the number one thing I think of when I think of these shafts. I haven't gone after it but a few times and that's is with the 3W. As long as I keep the club in front of me, I have seen a higher launch than I am used to and a good bit of carry.

Initially, due to the weight I was afraid to really get after it for fear of over swinging. Then I I took a couple cuts and knew immediately that UST had designed a shaft that was right on point. It has been a good bit of time since I bagged a 3W that was as long as my Mini driver. I want to make sure it's not just the honeymoon period before I pull the mini but I see it happening.

The F4 in my driver is a departure from the TS grandura I have been gaming. It's lighter and faster. With my swing flaw, the lighter weight allows me to catchup more and my misses are more of a slight push instead of the high spinner. My dispersion has been sharper during my rounds this week and I'm seeing the same distance with my typical swing. I've turned it up a notch on few swing and was surprised by increase I was seeing.

All in all I'm very pleased with the switch I have made in my shafts. It will be interesting to see how this develops over the summer.

With all the hype surrounding these UST events made me crave this shaft. I have put the Helium F4 in my driver and the F5 in my XRPRO 3W. Stability is the number one thing I think of when I think of these shafts. I haven't gone after it but a few times and that's is with the 3W. As long as I keep the club in front of me, I have seen a higher launch than I am used to and a good bit of carry.

Initially, due to the weight I was afraid to really get after it for fear of over swinging. Then I I took a couple cuts and knew immediately that UST had designed a shaft that was right on point. It has been a good bit of time since I bagged a 3W that was as long as my Mini driver. I want to make sure it's not just the honeymoon period before I pull the mini but I see it happening.

The F4 in my driver is a departure from the TS grandura I have been gaming. It's lighter and faster. With my swing flaw, the lighter weight allows me to catchup more and my misses are more of a slight push instead of the high spinner. My dispersion has been sharper during my rounds this week and I'm seeing the same distance with my typical swing. I've turned it up a notch on few swing and was surprised by increase I was seeing.

All in all I'm very pleased with the switch I have made in my shafts. It will be interesting to see how this develops over the summer.

Nice feedback, thanks for the update! How did you get yours are they on sale already?

I can't wait to try this one out, so lucky to have one the Husker color version!

I'll tell you now, I got a note from the Panda a few days ago after he put it in play and halfway through the round he says, "this is a legit shaft Nate".

Hearing Freddie excited about something is cool to see!

I can't wait to try this one out, so lucky to have one the Husker color version!

And then add Christian getting the blue & gray (Cowboys)!! Perfect matches for you guys!

That is great to hear, Freddie. Thanks for adding your feedback to the thread. Looking forward to hearing more as you get more rounds with them under your belt.

Did you go with 59g? HE5F4 in driver and HE5F5 in 3wd?

Finally able to work out some kinks in my swing today and shot a decent score and only missed 3 fairways. If I hadn't have gotten an 8 on the par 4 18th, could have broken 80...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am loving this shaft!!! It is incredibly stable and I just have complete confidence that when I swing correctly, the ball is going to go and it is going to go fast!

I am loving this shaft!!! It is incredibly stable and I just have complete confidence that when I swing correctly, the ball is going to go and it is going to go fast!

I'm right there with you. Just need more times that I swing correctly!

Looking forward to getting my shiny blue one gripped and tipped and into play, although it might not be until after Club Clash.

Finally got to play with my Element Helium shaft today. I freaking love it. I hit some of my best drives in a long time today. I hit 9 of 14 fairways which hasn't happened in a while.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Finally got to play with my Element Helium shaft today. I freaking love it. I hit some of my best drives in a long time today. I hit 9 of 14 fairways which hasn't happened in a while.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice! That is awesome to hear! I hope that level of success continues for you.

Put the custom HE5F4 in the GBB for yesterday's round and a bunch of range time. I'm definitely digging that combo and can get awesome performance out of it when I'm not trying to force things. I will be giving this setup a try for the next couple of rounds. My dad is convinced that it is the perfect combo for me.

Some new pics...

GBB with custom on the left, XR 16 with blue HE5F4 on the right.
b02710704f4d6c6f16883774b9e64b05.jpg

Two shots with just the custom in the GBB
055c136e251078d13d6add6e268fd9cd.jpg

4ffee0e6dceb56b6a4b2ceadb4be642a.jpg

I'm right there with you. Just need more times that I swing correctly!

I feel ya, my last time out was miserable. Today however restored my faith again

Back