What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played pro v1 and last years chrome soft yesterday. Chrome Soft seems shorter off the driver and I like the spin better on the pro v. But I still think the Chrome Soft is a great ball. Looking forward to trying the new b330.

Played Q-Star today. It handles the wind well, and I like the way it feels off the putter.

Duo Urethane.
I don't like it off the putter, but I score well with it. It performs and feels amazing off every other club but particularly shines off the wedges.

B330 RX yesterday. Did everything I asked it to (including when I didn't want it to lol) and felt great as per usual. This ball is the benchmark for me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Chrome Soft 2016 today - great feel off the wedges and white hot RX. Good spin action.
648b27d1c210b91139030b8aa376cc56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome USA flag! Did you do that free hand?

I like the Chrome Soft just don't think it can kick the 2016 RX out of my bag

Awesome USA flag! Did you do that free hand?

I like the Chrome Soft just don't think it can kick the 2016 RX out of my bag

I wish - it's actually Tin Cup - I alternate between the Flag and a shamrock

alternated among 2015 chrome soft, 2016 chrome soft and 2016 b330-rxs. all felt similar, and all performed similarly. I didn't hate the rxs off the putter as much as I did yesterday. i could play any of these three balls and be very happy.

2016 B330-RX and it was rock solid today.
Played the same ball for 18 holes. Still looks good and performance was there.

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played 18 with the prior model Z Star. It feels like a firmer ball but it does everything great. Durability was excellent. The yellow made it super easy to find the ball, which I appreciated.

Last edited:
I played the Titleist NXT Tour S and I really like that ball. Drives were as smooth as butter and short iron work was very responsive. Tim

Played the SuperHot55 today and quite liked it, actually. Felt really good off the club face and anything inside of 100 yards I could stick dead on the green. A couple of my 60 degree shots stopped just inches from the mark. It seemed to travel nice and straight on good swings and I think a couple of the drives were probably a bit longer than they might have been, but it was breezy, so more testing will determine cause of that.

Played the SuperHot55 today and quite liked it, actually. Felt really good off the club face and anything inside of 100 yards I could stick dead on the green. A couple of my 60 degree shots stopped just inches from the mark. It seemed to travel nice and straight on good swings and I think a couple of the drives were probably a bit longer than they might have been, but it was breezy, so more testing will determine cause of that.

Thanks for the feedback. Bought a box but only played a sleeve - didn't get much action on the scoring clubs during one round of testing. I'll give them a try again soon. We have a warm but wet week ahead so I'm probably a week away from experimenting.

Srixon Q-Star Tour Yellow. Felt really nice and held up pretty nicely. I tend to lose a lot of balls, so the yellow definitely helps!

Bridgestone B330 2014 version. Love it. Great around the green and off the tee for me.

I will say that I think the B330-RXS is one of the spinnier balls on full swings I have played to date.
I watched War Eagle put some serious jizz on the ball with it too.

Switched back and forth between last years chrome softs and granddaddy protos. Didn't play well enough to really tell a difference, but they are both great balls.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say that I think the B330-RXS is one of the spinnier balls on full swings I have played to date.

This made me chuckle...

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the 2016 B330 on the front and the 2014 B330 on the back 9. I played pretty bad for the most part today, but everytime I had a solid shot the balls did exactly what I wanted them to do. Easily the longest ball off of metalwoods for me. One hole in particular I always use my Heavenwood to get the corner of a dogleg, today I went through the corner and into the woods by 10 yards, that was with the 2016. Hitting into greens, I like the amount of spin I get from them, it's just a hop and stop. I couldn't tell much difference between the two, '16 may stop just slightly quicker but both are pretty similar. Overall, this is my favorite ball hands down. I still have 3 dozen 2014 B330's that I bought on sale over winter and I'll continue to play them for a while, it's not going to break my heart when I get through them and have to buy more 2016's though.

Ok, don't know if it means the same over here, but anyone in the UK will be getting an extremely unpleasant image from this LOL.

played the RXS the other day. haven't been too impressed so far to be "the best ball ever" Didn't really compare to my current gamer. It would spin too much on full shots and then seemed to release too much on the shorter shots. Just me I guess

Played the new B330 yesterday from an old sleeve that a friend gave me to try.

These balls are impressive. LONG off the tee, but spin well and have a great feel on all clubs.

Need to find them around me for purchase. I may be shifting from the Chrome for the 2016 season.

Ok, don't know if it means the same over here, but anyone in the UK will be getting an extremely unpleasant image from this LOL.

We really love our golf in the US.

Played 12 holes yesterday with the 330rx. Man, I love this ball. Shot 1 over for the 12 holes, and the ball performed amazing throughout. I was most impressed with it around the green. On one 81 yard wedge shot, the ball literally stopped 1/2 an inch from where it hit. On a 30 yard chip, I needed it to run a little bit but land softly. It did, and ended up 2 inches from the cup! And my M1 loves hitting it from the tee!

So yesterday I posted that I cleaned my balls...golf balls I considered shag balls with little or no scuff on them. Today I played with one of them, Srixon Q. Now I know why I don't play them anymore. I put a Srixon Z into play and got better, then I decided on the Bridgestone B330RX and played it the rest of the round. I used to love the Srixon Q when I first started playing them, then I got some Srixon Z XVs and loved them. The distance and spin were great, but along came Bridgestone B330RX...I hope they are planning on making the new 2016 ball in yellow because it's going in the bag. Great distance, control and spin.

Back