What weight driver shaft do you play? Why?

I have a 75g shaft on my driver. It's been working really well for me so far.

Played a Project X PXV 39 for most of this past season, weighted 30g before adapter and grip on my Optiforce 430, was piping it down the middle, towards the later half of the season I started to lose control of it, went back to my other driver Razr Fit Xtreme with 52g Aldila NV.

My Yonex came with a 48g shaft. I have always done well with the 43g Miyazaki shafts too. I play regular flex and I get tired quick if the shaft is too heavy.

My Driver has a 65g shaft in it. Fubuki Alpha, feels great in the pairing for me.

What weight driver shaft do you play? Why?

D+ 82g in my Bertha, 65g Ping Tour in my G30

I was fitted to the PX-7C3 (73gram) shaft in my 910D2 by Titleist. Having tried lighter shafts, I just can't seem to control them and end up spraying shots left and right.

Me is comfortable with 50 grams or less. I can feel the whip ( the kick ) at impact.

70- 80g...usually. Currently I am playing Fujikura Speeder 7.0x 75g. Heavier shafts have more weight into the shot, hit more solid, especially on off center hits, and bore through winds better.

Currently playing a 55g Mamiya ATTAS 4U

I have found that I get an extra 5-10 yards on average off the tee vs my old 65g shaft

I really like its slim profile, and the bright green is a conversation starter. I can't remember a round I've played since I've put it on that someone hasn't asked about it!

I'm currently playing a 60 gm Rip'd NV but it has a Balance Certified Power Transfer insert and swings at D4. In any newer driver that I've tried the shafts in the 70-75 gram range seem to work best for me.

Just got fitted into a Matrix White Tie at 65g. Haven't used a shaft that "heavy" in some time but it just gave my slower swing the best results in distance and greater consistency.

Never have weighed one after trimmed to my preferred playing length of 45", but I suppose it ends up in the low to mid 60's since they usually are listed at about 67 stock length.

Mine is 60. Hit it best when I got fitted. When I hit this club right my carry is at least 20 yards longer that I was getting with my Bio Cell. But, my misses are bigger too. Working on that.

I am playing a 71g Rogue Black in my R15 driver and I really like the feel of it.

Last edited:
I've always done best with a shaft in the 65-75 gram range.

I've always played 70g range and was up to 79g in the speeder 757 evolution. Lately I been gaming 63g hzrdus and 55g lz50 handcrafted. Lighter definitely helps swing faster but allows me to fight my lateral sway better.

70g red tie and it's a match made in heaven for me.

Playing a Covert 2.0 and X2hot. Have only used the Covert 1 round and love it, carry is 20yds further. The Covert has a 50g shaft and I can feel the difference in the swing. Worth 4mph more club head speed with an 1/2in shorter shaft.

My gamer is a Speeder VC 7.2s Tour Spec. In GBB it feels smooth and flexes just right so I don't have to worry about lofting up to 11.5 or 12.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UST Elements Chrome 6F4T. It's 67 grams at 46", but it's cut to play at 44.5". So I'm guessing it's around 64 grams. I like it but am always open to trying different shafts.

60 gram range, Oban kiyoshi purple 65x, for some reason i like my driver light but everything else heavy. Guess i like to get as much distance as possible.

60 gram, anything lighter and it affects my tempo, anything heavier and it becomes hard to swing through the ball.

I currently have the Aldila Tour Green 65 S in my 913 D2 because that's what it came with, but I'm on the hunt for a Diamana D+ 72 for the slight weight increase.

Last edited:
Back