Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Got to hit these again today for the first time in over a month. It was simulator golf, but these still feel great. Had some really nice flush hits. I just love swinging these irons.

It seems like these are giving you no issues as a mid handicapper, good to hear as I am thinking about buying these in the spring.

It seems like these are giving you no issues as a mid handicapper, good to hear as I am thinking about buying these in the spring.

No issues at all. Very easy to hit. The forgiveness on bottom groove and toe hits is exceptional.

No issues at all. Very easy to hit. The forgiveness on bottom groove and toe hits is exceptional.

That is what I have heard. These and the Wilson C200's are on my radar but I have not been able to swing either one yet.

Can I trouble you guys for pics of the face? There were some complaints about the finish on the original Apex line of irons. Any issues out there?

I seem to remember seeing this in here somewhere but if course can't find it now. Does someone know what the shaft tip diameter is for these?

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Can I trouble you guys for pics of the face? There were some complaints about the finish on the original Apex line of irons. Any issues out there?

Here is the AW
9c895ba5750f3eebfe078a90aaf247bd.jpg

Here's the 7i
884fd97c782a692745c0bdf35616fe52.jpg

That's about 10 rounds and a range session worth of use. Hardly showing any wear at all

FWIW, the issues were with the pros the last iteration, the OG apex were fine. There was a lot of browning on the pros last go round though.

I've got 20 or so rounds and 10+ range sessions on my CF16s and they're aok.

It was because of gaping concerns that I ordered mine 1 degree strong, so the lofts would match my previous set of X2 Hot irons... I'm playing this Saturday, so we'll get the gapping figured out...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where you playing?

Mine are coming from Mexico as well. I just got normal shipping so not sure when I will see them as the expected arrival date hasn't been posted yet.

I am pumped.

Yours still showing Mexico? Mine are :(

Esg777, scheduled a fitting mon day and I would like test Kbs V- taper lite stiff. What' s your swing speed ? Regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

my driver swing speed is about 105mph

Nope. Mine are in TX now with a delivery date of Monday.

Yes sirrrr... Just updated in Austin. I should have mine in hand tomorrow. Can't wait.

Long time lurker here......this set is fantastic. i think my set was on the same plane as the gents above me. taking delivery today. From MX to MI in a day is pretty damn good.

Amazing to see how many people are falling in love with these, I know at my home course everyone that I have let hit them has ended up getting fit for a set.

Amazing to see how many people are falling in love with these, I know at my home course everyone that I have let hit them has ended up getting fit for a set.

They really are a great set. Cup Face is legit

I'm actually afraid to hit these again on account of wanting to buy a set, and I don't have that in the budget this year.

Hit these last night on a sim with questionable numbers, really was looking to get a feel for them. They felt about as expected...Amazing. Nice solid feeling and great sound.

About 2 weeks since I last knocked the ball around frozen ground with these and the blanket of snow on the ground is further this delay......the struggle is real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sirrrr... Just updated in Austin. I should have mine in hand tomorrow. Can't wait.
I am now officially regretting getting standard shipping... Would love to put these in play on Saturday.

Add me to the club

1x-_USQ0iee6_a1Lq_8_-5EzSZaZ9vHSBEIxqIdhhXYk91qPp69pVn7cKdtXhQ0pHkuL=w2881-h5118-no

These will be going up against the Z545's to see what makes it in my bag this year. Once that is sorted out my bag should be set for the season.

Add me to the club

1x-_USQ0iee6_a1Lq_8_-5EzSZaZ9vHSBEIxqIdhhXYk91qPp69pVn7cKdtXhQ0pHkuL=w2881-h5118-no

These will be going up against the Z545's to see what makes it in my bag this year. Once that is sorted out my bag should be set for the season.

sweet mother of mercy that bag is sweeeeeeeeeeet

i cannot get these out of my mind! but i don't have any money, so i guess that helps haha

Ugh. These are sitting at the hub here in ATL for Monday delivery. Anyone know if I can pick up packages from a UPS hub prior to delivery???

Add me to the club

What happen with the Forged Tecs?

As long as the hub is also where the local deliveries come out of you can.
Ugh. These are sitting at the hub here in ATL for Monday delivery. Anyone know if I can pick up packages from a UPS hub prior to delivery???

Back