Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

Of course JB should be in the greatest basement dweller golf tournament in the world The Grandaddy , After all if it wasn't for JB and his better half along with the mighty fine folks at Callaway known as the #ZooCrew none of this would be possible . It's a no brainer that JB be in.

Now, I know JB prefers to hit his shots into the green from the fairway , That's were I come in and help bring the trophy home to THP , were it belongs. When JB is in the middle of the fairway on every hole he can't miss , Mr. Automatic to 3 feet from the pin, Now of course I would 3 putt that ,but JB will be there to take care of any light work we had and take care of those pesky little kick ins, leaving Finley and gang standing on the 18th green handing over the greatest prize in basement dweller golf The Grandaddy Belt !

Day 2:

Why JB? Three words: Pace of play. Quicker rounds = more time for shenanigans.

Why me? I'm someone who will take the competition and preparation portion of the event seriously, but also appreciate the fun and brother(and sister!)hood that comes from the event.

JB on Team Redemption?!?! Plus a 12th man?!?!

This is a topic that I have some experience in. Last year, as most of us recall, JB was added to Team Basement Dwellers barely a month before The Grandaddy was set to kick off. Also at that time, the announcement was made that one lucky THPer was going to join the team as the 10th man. Shortly after JB was added, I was selected as that lucky SOB.

Now I do have a hard time saying that I should be the 12th man, it would be a true "lightning strikes twice" scenario. But I do not have any reservations in saying that JB should absolutely be on Team Redemption! One of my favorite memories from 2014 is looking over and seeing JB beaming as we got fitted at the ECPC. As I walked over to talk to him his energy was palpable. I asked him if he was going to get fitted, he looked at me and said "this isn't about me, this is about you guys". There is no one more selfless than JB and he needs to be a playing part of this years victory! Now if we want to talk about this team needing someone who can tame the ZooCrew (in particular a well coiffed member of said team), then... I'm your huckleberry.

I can't believe I have to see Maynard's face every time I see this thread pop up

Really looking forward to seeing if JB joins us and if so, which lucky THPer he's joining us with!

JB was in last years granddaddy. It just makes sense that the team name is #TeamRedemption for a reason. It's not only THP's need for redemption of the zoo crew but his own personal redemption. Why add me? The two time HOF tags explain for themselves. They show I have been around the block when it comes to THP events and it shows I have what it takes to win and bring that big glorious belt home. I have had to sit on the sidelines for two of these granddaddy events. Isn't it time I got my own form of redemption?

Why JB? He is what THP is all about. He put a place together where I have met many great friends, and it has allowed me to make memories that will last for a lifetime. If it wasn't for him and Morgan this place wouldn't exist, this event wouldn't exist.

Why me? This year it is about redemption. I have redemption that I need to get. I need to redeem my record against Darth Finley, and this time it will be different. I will make sure not only do I take him down, but that the belt ends up with THP where it belongs.

Lets do it THP!

Having JB be a participate is a given. He just flat out deserves to be able to go to an event and enjoy it as we are able to, as a player.

As for me, it would be an honor to represent Team Redemption in its fight to bring the belt to THP HQ. I play weekly with members who have had the pleasure of playing in the major events and it would be thrilling to join them in this club. I will continue to try my best to gain entry into The Grandaddy and will be ready to answer the call should it come. If it should happen to be this entry chosen by you and the Callaway staff, then it will be even sweeter.

Thank you for this thoughtful opportunity.

JB puts so much tireless work into this THP home we have. He gives us all a great place to escape and be with friends when times are good or bad. What better way to repay his hard work than a spot on the team to bring that belt to our THP home!

He deserves to go, for me, I just need to go! Had a long hard year brother and I need the competition to recharge my batteries.

Adding JB and another THPer for an even 12. Adding more members of the ZooCrew will make this event that much better. It sounds like a great plan.

I'm no different than any other member of this community. Even the thought of getting into this great event has people sharpening their games, playing better golf, getting into better shape, preparing mentally and enjoying the game. For more or less, that is what The Grandaddy and THP represents. It's a gathering of folks to be competitive, but to create memories that will last longer than the scores on the card. Having said that, I'd love to be one of the THPers to represent that in this great event.

I would love the opportunity to represent THP with JB and the others and defeat the #zoocrew. I'm actually in the market for new clubs as well.

I believe that JB deservedly has already earned his spot for this epic event. I would love to attend to give it my best and challenge the Zoo crew to beat Team Redemption.

Why JB? - I think this thread has shown how much everyone thinks of him!

Why me? - Good question. Let me counter with my own question. Is any other man willing to play pink SuperSofts the entire time? I am!

Day 2 entry:

I feel like there is not much more I could possibly say about JB deserving his spot.

Why does Emmers deserve that chance? I've been playing Callaway equipment since I could swing a club. Participating in the Grandaddy is a chance to experience the brand I love on a whole new level like never before. People keep talking about about the Great Big Bertha, but I started leaving no yard behind on the Little Bertha. #ivebeenleavingnoyardbehindsinceday1

I've still got my Little Bertha putter in the rack and clubs in storage!

da9b42d59e87e6dfafac910df9e54fd7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think JB deserves to be in because of all the blood sweat and tears he puts in, to make THP events so special. He deserves to enjoy one from the other side for a change.

I think I should go also because I have the game, and the fire and determination to lead team redemption to victory!

JB certainly deserves a spot in the greatest, most granddadiest event of the year!

As for me, I'm ready if I get the call to serve up some redemption ! I'll be good under pressure, quick with a joke, or at the very least distract the bad guys. #thisistheyear

Of course there should be 12 per team. 12 ties into so many great things.

12 is the number of what is completed, which forms a whole, a perfect and harmonious unit. Sounds like #TeamRedemption to me.

Time is kept in two 12 hour groups, or 24 total hours (24 players in #TheGrandaddy).

There are 12 months in a year, and #TheGrandaddy is in the 12th month.

The 12 days of Christmas. Who doesn't love that?

12 animals in the Chinese zodiac. Could it be the Zoocrew?

Donuts most often come in the dozen. Uhh, yeah, delicious.

And most importantly. Beer is most commonly purchased in 12 packs.
556a5ff9beaae9c4b476af18e095743b.jpg

12 also happened to be my lucky number growing up, and number in sports when I was a kid. The stars are aligning, probably 12 of them :D , so I should definitely be in this thing.

Entry #2

My previous entry got lost in Tapacrap so I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet.

Heck yes JB. Dang yes to 12.

#TeamRedemption.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Played basketball at lunch today. I'm ready Finley for what ever game you and the crew can come up with.

Entry 2

JB needs to be there competing for team THP. He represents everything THP stands for; hardworking, giving, selfless, dedicated, passionate and fun loving. He might not be captain, but he can bring a presence to the team that make everyone push themselves to be better.

Why should you pick me? Because I'm ready to represent THP and team redemption with everything I've got. I will put in the work to change the tide. But that's not why you want me there. You want me there because I'll bring the man candy, hopefully make you laugh and if your lucky bring you a pair of socks. So pick me Mr. Finley, you know you want to.

eNTRY #2

How could you not invite JB.

Heck the last 2 spots should be for Morgan and JB for all that they do for the THP family.
But if you have to pick someone else to go along with JB, I'm your Huckleberry!

Let's all be up front and honest: JB should be in the Grandaddy. I think we can all agree on that.

Then there's me. Should I be in the Grandaddy? Anyone who has seen me play golf would say no. I say yes. But my judgment may be skewed because I want to be a part of this awesomeness. And it is nothing short of total, 100% awesomeness.

You and i both know it wouldnt be the same without JB.

Im no more deserving of this dream trip than any other THPer but dam i want it BAD!!!. Invite me and ill help THP claim that belt for the first time.

JB should be in to have a face to face smack talk contest with Mr. Finley, battle on the course and then sit down across the table ( with beverage of choice ) and have a good old fashion smack talk contest.

I should be in (as a high school baseball umpire) to call the balls and strikes of the contest and to declare the winner after 9 at bats for each of them.

If they dare!!!!!!!!!

Day 2 entries will be some of the greatest movie quotes ever.

Do I think that allowing 4 more people into the Grandaddy is a great idea? Yes, because we don't want to hear these words from anyone here on THP or from the ZooCrew...
quote_sm.gif
"I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it."

Why should JB be a part of this years Grandaddy? Because he would never say something like this...
quote_sm.gif
"Do you want me to strap her to the hood? What's the difference? She'll be fine. It's not as if it's gonna rain or something." JB takes care of golf gear like it's family! He (and GG) make sure the good are delivered and in fine fashion!

Why should you pick me? Because when I say...
quote_sm.gif
"Excuse me while I whip this out." you'll at least know that I'm talking about some stealthy new Callaway clubs that will bring Team Redemption victory!

Entry 3:

Why should JB be at the 2015 grandaddy? Well the answer is not as simple as it looks. Sure, we all know he is the heart of THP along with Morgan and the staff. Sure, none of this would be possible with out him. The truth simple truth is that he wants #redemption as much as rest of THP. The #zoocrew caught him during a swing change time (and still had a hard time dealing with him), but in 2015, with #teamredemption, he will have his #redemption as well. I mean he is the creator of THP so that makes him the #1 #internetgolfer :)

Why me??? I called out Finley yesterday so if I don't get a match against him then 1. He will have to come to Denver to answer the call, or 2. Have to deal with me bad mouthing him and calling him chicken for a looonnng time hahaha

I can't believe I have to see Maynard's face every time I see this thread pop up

Really looking forward to seeing if JB joins us and if so, which lucky THPer he's joining us with!

I know right?!?! Hopefully it's a lasting impression.

Back