Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

Day 3 entry:
A Dozen THP'ers vs. A Dozen #ZooCrew members? Just doesn't seem fair!
I'll tell you why.
You see, #TeamRedemption is a lot more than that Dozen fortunate and appreciative people with the smiles on their faces that you see, it's the 1,000's following along in the forums giving their positive vibes, all wanting and pulling for that first sip of victory, and to hoist that belt!

Sure, you beat Captain Hawk #TheDreamTeam 11-5...
Yes you defeated Captain #Cookie and #TeamBasementDweller 14.5-10.5 last year...
I think this is the year for redemption!

One of my pet peeves is people who feel entitled. No one is entitled to share this experience.

But one...

JB I feel is, and this is why:
THP is his creation, he has forged an incredible relationship with Callaway, created a partnership to bring people experiences that blow the mind! Morgan Cup, #TheKing, #TheGauntlet, #TheGrandaddy.... All this for the benefit of others, seeing him take it all in at ECPC last year was amazing, it told me something about the man. He was in his glory seeing others enjoy themselves, he didn't swing a club that I saw that day, he was just taking it all in.
Yes, JB belongs in the event!

I love to share my memories that I was afforded often, I always have time to tell others about this amazing event, I remember every detail. I share the stories with THP'ers many time with moments that my voice will break up, maybe my eyes will water a bit (I can admit that here right...?) I show the photos, I tell the stories, I encourage everyone that will listen to do everything they can to try to get into this!
Last October, a dream came true for me, I was told I was on the team. And I did everything from that moment that I can to embrace #TheGrandaddy!
There are many members of THP out there who would love to come out to California this December, but no one as appreciative as me!
Hopefully dreams come true twice.

Day 3:
So why JB? Why not I ask? Here is a humble man who went out on a limb a created by the best Community, and I stress COMMUNITY, out there. His passion for the game and equipment are second to none. That there is infecting to so many. Knowing the grandeur of this event if it came down to the last spot being award to on of us, I would gladly offer up my spot to him.

Why me? I have only gamed one piece of equipment from Callaway. The XHot Driver. How awesome would it be to have the opportunity to be fit by the best in the business? Words can't explain. Next having the opportunity to grace the grounds of that amazing facility, where some of my favorite golfers go to get fit...Priceless! Finally to know the fun that will be had with the ZooCrew...Yes I want that.

Most importantly I have witnessed the personal changes from those of the previous Grandaddy's. Life changing I tell you. The memories invade their life on a daily basis. Here is your next sponge to fill with those memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 3 entry:

So I've been reading. I read this thread, the recap thread from last year, lots of other threads and everyone acts like Finey is a super villain. Like:

http://youtu.be/GwExDG7n7Zg

I don't think so. Im pretty sure Finley is much more like:

http://youtu.be/hCEVTcL1bJ0

So "Darth Finley" I ain't a skeered of you. Bring me out there and show me how you're a super villain, or forever live with the fact that I know you're just a big ole softy!

As for JB? Come on now, we've got Obi Jman Kenobe to lead us, all we need is our Yoda.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am going to be a bit controversial with this entry and say why should it be JB that gets this spot over GG.....? I think Morgan should have her chance to take down the ZooCrew

If that means that JB and GG both get to play and I have to sacrifice my chance of a spot then so be it - I would do that for everything that they do for all of us

Day 3

JB and I should both get into this event because we both love amazing events filled with amazing people, golf on amazing courses and incredible new equipment. I feel confident that I can speak for JB on these subjects because he sets up such events all the time and who on THP doesn't love top shelf new equipment, especially when it is free and fit to you by an amazing company.

Last edited:
Another day and same opinion that JB deserves to be in The Grandaddy, all the work he does for THP and it's members. Traveling a lot and being away from home. Hell he wasn't with Morgan during his or her birthday this year!

As for me, I dont deserve it but I'd sure love to be in it! I can assure you I would be just as excited as anyone about the gear, the golf and the fun! Alot of us THPers have done alot of talking the past 3 years. Time to put up or shut up!

Just give me the chance captain!

Someone needs to clean the ZooCrew stank off the Grandaddy championship belt, and I'm a big enough douche to get the job done.

Wow. Really not at all sure what to say to that.

More is always better and I want in the Granddaddy in the wicked worse way. :D

Day 3:

My opinion has not wavered not for one minute last night. I think the Grandaddy needs JB as much as he needs to play. The guy does every the revolves around golf except play. Some would say that is crazy, I'm one of those people. He loves to play, he loves to mix it up and he loves to have fun. Yes, JB should be one of the members of #teamredemption.

I have also become a member of PLM, panda lives matter. Our platform is take down all #Zoocrew members with hugs, drinks and great golf. As the charter member, president, secretary and historian. PLM has endorsed my vote for myself to be a part of teamredemption and one of the dirty dozen.

JB needs to be there as Team Redemption needs a WidowMaker.

I need to be there just to make sure that JRod has a good reason to pull the special PJ's out.

You guys are killing these entries. Keep em coming!!!

I want to take a team of 12 into competition!

Entry #3

i still believe JB deserves to be in the grandaddy. His love for the game and the hackers around the world is unequal to any and what better way to be rewarded than being part of THPs redemption and the taking down of Harr, Darth and the crew.

i started the year off with a THP event and would like to finish the year with biggest of them all. I embody the rules of being cool and not a Richard. I want in to support THP and Callaway Golf in the best manner possible. Win lose or draw you will get my best.

Of course JB should be in The Grandaddy. He is the catalyst that hardens the glue to bind Team Redemption together. And together, captained by our fearless leader JMAN, Team Redemption will defeat the evil horde known across the land as The ZooCrew.

I desperately want to be part of the Team Of 12 !

Last edited:
JB deserves a spot. Josh (and Morgan) have given his life to bringing the best to golfing community. Direct interaction with the best from inside the ropes of the golf industry and the Tour. Allowing thousands of people the opportunity to live a dream. Dreams from winning the latest piece of equipment to a full out tour level experience. Or the pinnacle a spot in the Grandaddy! But that only speaks to a small part of what THP brings to the world. The most impressive part of his creation is the Community that has assembled. A place where friends and family assemble to create stronger bonds, find good in one another, and share in throughout life. This world is a better place because of It! Play well Brother

It's very kind of Callaway to allow an additional entry but I think in terms of a competitive balance they have made a mistake. Obviously, JB could have chosen himself to be part of the THP team any year he wanted but because he is such a great leader he has deferred to other worthy THP members. Now with JB there to lead THP ( and me) the victory will be assured. Confidence is all THP's team has ever needed (we've always had great talent) and now with JB that key component will be there in abundance!!!

I should be with him due to the fact that I am a great follower!!!

Unlike the THP'ers (MVP's aside) who get into the Grandaddy, JB has earned his spot in the greatest armature golf event know to man. No body deserves the dream that is the Grandaddy, but JB and Morgan for that matter have earned the opportunity to participate.

As for why I should go back? I probably should not... It really is a once in a lifetime type of experience. But eventually there might be a two time participant and you're crazy if you think I'm not going to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some quality entries and trash talk in this thread already. Let's keep this coming, because if my math is correct, 12 + 12 = more fun!

I love the Idea, with everything JB and THP does for us, I think its fair that he gets to experience the royal treatment from Callaway once more. I know he doesn't like the word, be he deserve it.

JB broughts us THP and that alone is reason enough to have him complete in The Grandaddy!!! As for why I should be there: All great achievement are gained through a lot of hard work and sweat. And since my last name is Sweat then I would fill that requirement perfectly.

JB brought the THP HOF to life so he needs another shot at making it. There is no doubt in my mind that after Team Redemption takes those zoo crewers to the woodshed, he will have his spot in the shrine! That's just another reason of many he should play. :bomb:

I should play because I would be herding those bunch of zoo crewers to the corral like a stud hawg wrestler at the county fair! :deadhorse:

Another day and what can I say that I haven't already. I mean this is a trip of a lifetime and who would be crazy enough to say they don't want to be apart of it. I'm sure JB would prefer someone else take his spot but if anyone deserves a spot it would be him. I've met JB once and just from that short meeting I know that is someone I want to tee it up with and help bring home the belt and what better way to do it than the Granddaddy.

Got another number for today. 24.
T-H-E M-O-T-H-E-R E-F-F-I-N-G G-R-A-N-D-A-D-D-Y.
24 participants as a whole this year, 12 on each side. Sounds absolutely perfect to me.

It's #TeamRedemption afterall, and after last year's close call in TheDos, I believe JB deserves a chance to redeem himself in version 3.0 and to take that belt back to Florida for a year.

Same thing for myself. All about perseverance and redemption baby, that's the name of the game this go 'round. I'm ready to have the time of my life again and make sure I leave it all out on the course for my 11 teammates and the forum following. Plus, I want another chance at #. Just give me that chance.

#2 Entry

Team Redemption needs A Few Good Men...

Me: You want an entry?

Finley: I want the truth!

Me: You can't handle the truth!

Finley, we live in a world that has keyboards, and those keyboards have to be guarded by men with firewalls. Who's gonna do it? You? You Harry Arnett? JB has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for The Dream Team, and you laugh at Team Basement Dwellers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of winning the Grandaddy belt 2 years in a row. Those defeats, while tragic, led us to where we are today. And while my existence on Team Redemption may be incomprehensible to you, the bottom line is I love golf equipment, I love having fun with the ZooCrew and I want to win that belt! You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you don't want me on this team, but Team Redemption needs me and JB on this team!! We use words like honor, code, loyalty here at THP. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent behind a keyboard. You use them as a punchline. I have all kinds of time and the inclination to explain myself to a man who goes 0-4 while riding the coattails of his teammates to victory, and then questions why I should get another shot.

Finley: Do you want to be on Team Redemption?

Me: Well I did consider not...

Finley: Do you want to be on Team Redemption?

Me: Your Damn right I do!!!

No thought changes from me. JB still needs to be on this team. JB is the leader of THP. As the leader he needs to be the first person from Team Redemption to lift up the belt once our team dismantles the zoocrew!

Once again, why me? This event is like the Ryder Cup for your everyday golfer. Who wouldn't want to be part of that?! Like the American team THP has been on the losing side lately. And, like the Ryder Cup team I think we need some fresh blood on the team who is fearless and not intimidated by the zoocrew or the last few years results. That fresh blood is me. I know that I am still a relative new member here but I can't think of a better way to prove my worth than by helping bring the belt to it's rightful home. Time to crush this European (zoocrew) team!

Back