DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you already get an email about it? I have been looking for it all day, but have not seen one yet.
You're correct. So used to them being Saturday.

Did you already get an email about it? I have been looking for it all day, but have not seen one yet.

No, not yet was just looking at the schedule I have printed out.

Tiger Woods is out at Nike's 'The Oven' today. Heard a rumor this morning. Saw some pics just now.

When I saw him in Romo's suite during SNF, I was wondering if he would venture over there. It's been a while since he's been in town.

OK all DFW guys, this is coming together so I need to know who all will attend. Right now there are 6 (not including wives) who expressed interest in attending. Any THP'er is welcome to attend.

Evening dinner with the THP family;

Date: October 24th
Place: Farinas--Grapevine http://www.farinaswinery.com/home/4574474544
Time: 7pm <<<<tentative
Cost: Depends, over 15 people will be a set menu @ $29 per person

Grapevine.jpg

I decided on Farinas because it is centrally located with a reasonably priced menu. Also once dinner is over there are other establishments in the area that can be walked to without having to move you car, if you decide to venture down Main Street Grapevine. Or you can come in early and let your SO do some shopping as downtown Grapevine is a neat area if you have never been with lots to do and see. And if you like music there is a variety to choose from. Now I'm sounding like I'm on their Chamber of Commerce:D

PM me if you are going to attend. I will need to have the final count by Sept 19th.

Reminder, this Saturday I must have a final count. There are 7 of us attending at this time.

I'm out but you probably already saw that. Have a date with Srixon/Cleveland in CA!

From Judi:

We have scheduled a PVGA event on Sunday, September 20 with tee times beginning 8am as a two person best ball. If you do not have a partner and want to play, call and we will try and pair you up. Please call the pro shop no later than Thursday to sign up. Please also note below:

ALTAMESSA BOULEVARD FROM GRANDBURY ROAD TO CHISOLM TRAIL PARKWAY WILL BE CLOSED
BEGINNING AT 6PM SEPT 18 FOR THE INSTALLATION OF BRIDGE BEAMS OVER THE ROADWAY. THE CLOSURE WILL LAST THROUGH 6AM SEPT 21

From Judi:

We have scheduled a PVGA event on Sunday, September 20 with tee times beginning 8am as a two person best ball. If you do not have a partner and want to play, call and we will try and pair you up. Please call the pro shop no later than Thursday to sign up. Please also note below:

ALTAMESSA BOULEVARD FROM GRANDBURY ROAD TO CHISOLM TRAIL PARKWAY WILL BE CLOSED
BEGINNING AT 6PM SEPT 18 FOR THE INSTALLATION OF BRIDGE BEAMS OVER THE ROADWAY. THE CLOSURE WILL LAST THROUGH 6AM SEPT 21
Just called in. I'm all set up.

Hows the elbow feeling Bubba? Hope it's healing ok for ya.
It's not good. This will probably be my last round for the year. I need to get this healed up. And hopefully erase all the weird things I have done to my swing over the past 9 months.
I think stopping for the rest of this year will help with the recovery. Rehab the elbow and get back in shape. That's the goal for the next 3/4 months. Then start working on getting my swing back in order.

It's not good. This will probably be my last round for the year. I need to get this healed up. And hopefully erase all the weird things I have done to my swing over the past 9 months.
I think stopping for the rest of this year will help with the recovery. Rehab the elbow and get back in shape. That's the goal for the next 3/4 months. Then start working on getting my swing back in order.

Time to get it looked at again? Come up with a good rehab plan and follow through is all I can recommend. Need to see ya back out there again!

I just emailed and asked her to pair us together. Counting on you being 100%!
I read this as, "Start drinking early" Eddie.

I read this as, "Start drinking early" Eddie.
That's probably not a good solution, but I will say that I have tried it. Didn't work in KC. At the time, I was trying to manufacturer pain free golf. Did not work.

You guys have it nice on those public courses with tournaments almost twice a month.... I live in Coppell (DFW) and may have to start driving that way as their is nothing this way with public courses and tournaments....

You guys have it nice on those public courses with tournaments almost twice a month.... I live in Coppell (DFW) and may have to start driving that way as their is nothing this way with public courses and tournaments....

These are association events. Have you tried calling each course and inquiring about golf associations. I'm pretty sure that Grapevine has one.

These are association events. Have you tried calling each course and inquiring about golf associations. I'm pretty sure that Grapevine has one.

No, I haven't but need to check on that.... thanks for the heads up....

Lefty, let me know what you find out. I am in mid-cities and would be interested in joining as well.

Lefty, let me know what you find out. I am in mid-cities and would be interested in joining as well.

Awesome stuff right there! This is how we got more than 1/2 dozen THPers in the Pecan Vally Assoc.

Found the website and quickly reviewed it.... looks like they have lots of small and fun tournaments....

Check it out:

http://grapevinega.com/

Anyone have any interest in playing The Tribute? Heard it is in decent shape following the tough spring out there.

Anyone have any interest in playing The Tribute? Heard it is in decent shape following the tough spring out there.

You know I'm your Huckleberry. Need to find a good deal out there then.

You know I'm your Huckleberry. Need to find a good deal out there then.
Heard Old American reopened last week also. May be members only for a while. But, a great thing since I heard it may be next year before it opened.

Saw some $42 deals on Golfnow for Tribute at 2:00 or so.

Heard Old American reopened last week also. May be members only for a while. But, a great thing since I heard it may be next year before it opened.

Saw some $42 deals on Golfnow for Tribute at 2:00 or so.

I can get us $75 deals out there at OA. $42 isn't bad at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back