Thank You CAA_Beat

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I have to thank (Rob) CAA_Beat for stepping up and helping me personally in a real time of need. Can't thank you enough!

Rob is good people. WTG buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob is an awesome dude

Rob is awesome! Well done buddy!

Rob's a good dude, through and through.

Rob is a great guy, well done Rob

Rob is good people

I have to thank (Rob) CAA_Beat for stepping up and helping me personally in a real time of need. Can't thank you enough!
Very kind of you, but you're most welcome. Good luck!!

Rob is a special man and his kindness is inspirational. Love ya paads.

Rob is good peoples and always helpful when someone is in need

The need for me is real. I just simply cannot do this fight alone any longer. Bottom line is at 56, I am being denied basic medical services at an affordable rate right now. There are no real "free" clinic's or free doctors to see. There is a cost attached to just about everything. I started the GoFundMe fundraiser on the recommendation of a friend. I have made 2 trips to the ER in past 10 days with blood sugar readings over 500. I know some are turned off by these "official" type sites and there other ways to give. No donations is too small. $10 from 100 people goes a long way. I have had to swallow a great amount of pride lately and I have been very humbled by this situation, and once I'm over the hump, I'll pay it forward to the next person in need.

https://www.gofundme.com/markconner

A friend sent me this picture the other evening.

24294365_2016332588610823_6047452673246955446_n.jpg

No surprise - Rob's a great guy.

Yeah Rob is good people!

GolfinGator, take it easy one day at a time. I know what you're going thru ... both of my parents are diabetic. That sh*t is no joke!

Top shelf fellow. He even puts up with you :alien2:
I know that can be a killer sometimes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top shelf fellow. He even puts up with you :alien2:
Thats just a few times yesr for 5 to 6 hours. Imagine Mrs Nut, putting up with him day in and day out.
I know that can be a killer sometimes

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Ehhh!! I've put up with a lot worse. Ha

I just want to share what I found out today when I visited an Endocrinologist (Diabetic Dr.) for the fist time today 12/14/2017.

The average person will have an A1c of between 4 & 5 which is daily counts between 97 and 126. An A1c test is; The sugar in your blood is called glucose. When glucose builds up in your blood, it binds to the hemoglobin in your red blood cells. The A1c test measures how much glucose is bound. Red blood cells live for about 3 months, so the test shows the average level of glucose in your blood for the past 3 months.

My lab report today showed my A1c to be 14, which means my daily average blood sugar is around 355 with normal being 97 to 126.
The Endocrinologist says he would no longer classifies me as having Type II diabetes but having progressed to full blown, out of control Type I. This means the pills I am taking are no longer working for the most part and I will begin taking insulin next Tuesday. My weight has dropped from 154 lbs. 3 months ago to 142 lbs. today.

The Dr. is still waiting on one lab test to come in which will help him decide on how much and what type of insulin I will take. I am not at all afraid of needles, so that is of no concern. Today’s insulin pins are small needles, so a little pinch of pain to feel better and to save my body is nothing in the big picture.
I have received some much needed donations and I used most of them this week, on lab work and seeing the Dr. today. More help is needed.

I’m stuck between a rock and hard place. The rock is Indiana, and the hard place is Florida. I have only been a Florida resident for just less than 2 months, which more less means I’m not their problem. I’m no longer an Indiana resident, so I’m not their problem. They are also looking at how much money I have made this year to date. Working 6 days a week as a truck driver in Indiana for 6 ½ months, is a whole LOT more than I have made here in Florida in a none trucking job.

My hope is to receive some more donations to pay off more past doctor and ER trips, plus this weeks costs, next weeks cost and future cost. In a perfect world, I would like to have an insulin pump put in, but only if it is reasonably priced. I can stand sticking myself twice a day.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me to this point. I feel blessed having this help with a couple of GoFundMe donations from people I do not know, along with those that know who you are. Help me if you can. No amount is too small right now.

Mark

Sorry to hear the latest news Mark. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for you health and getting any help that you can.

Thank You CAA_Beat

I just want to share what I found out today when I visited an Endocrinologist (Diabetic Dr.) for the fist time today 12/14/2017.

The average person will have an A1c of between 4 & 5 which is daily counts between 97 and 126. An A1c test is; The sugar in your blood is called glucose. When glucose builds up in your blood, it binds to the hemoglobin in your red blood cells. The A1c test measures how much glucose is bound. Red blood cells live for about 3 months, so the test shows the average level of glucose in your blood for the past 3 months.

My lab report today showed my A1c to be 14, which means my daily average blood sugar is around 355 with normal being 97 to 126.
The Endocrinologist says he would no longer classifies me as having Type II diabetes but having progressed to full blown, out of control Type I. This means the pills I am taking are no longer working for the most part and I will begin taking insulin next Tuesday. My weight has dropped from 154 lbs. 3 months ago to 142 lbs. today.

The Dr. is still waiting on one lab test to come in which will help him decide on how much and what type of insulin I will take. I am not at all afraid of needles, so that is of no concern. Today’s insulin pins are small needles, so a little pinch of pain to feel better and to save my body is nothing in the big picture.
I have received some much needed donations and I used most of them this week, on lab work and seeing the Dr. today. More help is needed.

I’m stuck between a rock and hard place. The rock is Indiana, and the hard place is Florida. I have only been a Florida resident for just less than 2 months, which more less means I’m not their problem. I’m no longer an Indiana resident, so I’m not their problem. They are also looking at how much money I have made this year to date. Working 6 days a week as a truck driver in Indiana for 6 ½ months, is a whole LOT more than I have made here in Florida in a none trucking job.

My hope is to receive some more donations to pay off more past doctor and ER trips, plus this weeks costs, next weeks cost and future cost. In a perfect world, I would like to have an insulin pump put in, but only if it is reasonably priced. I can stand sticking myself twice a day.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me to this point. I feel blessed having this help with a couple of GoFundMe donations from people I do not know, along with those that know who you are. Help me if you can. No amount is too small right now.

Mark

Sorry to hear man. Wife is a type 1 so don’t hesitate to reach out should you have any questions. She’s on a pump and it was an absolute game changer (was a type 1 for over 20 years before she got the pump).

Back