2015 Solheim Cup

Duval and Chamblee are spot on in their assessment. http://www.golfchannel.com/media/controversy-will-mark-14th-solheim-cup/

Lee made a rookie mistake. On the 17th hole of a match play event, a 1.5 or 2' foot putt is not good. They may be good on the front nine. But, on the last 3-4 holes, that putt is not good. Is Pettersson a hardcore competitor? Yes. Is she a b****? I don't know. But, now, she is being made the scapegoat because the Captains did not do their jobs with the Ref and control the situation.

I think SP's apology today was sincere. But, I would also like to see something from Inkster. Her calling that ruling "BS" is BS. But, that is what happens when competitors get interviewed in the heat of the moment.
In match play, concessions are about eye contact and hearing "That's good". None of that happened in this situation. Lee made a rookie mistake. She paid for it. Fortunately for the US, they used it as a rallying cry and made a historic comeback.

The fans that give SP grief at future US events are probably the same kind of fans the would yell at Garcia to "hit the ball" when he was going through his swing issues. SP will probably get some jeers. But, I think true fans of golf will just enjoy watching her play.

I'm glad that the US won and I can't wait for the next Solheim Cup.

USA! USA! USA!

Very well said!!!

Rest of americans on this site is more like this one
http://youtu.be/fHEHA3-9b9k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said!!!

That is both grammatically and geographically inaccurate. Also..

article-0-06239BF1000005DC-775_468x286.jpg

I love it when people just assume everyone who disagrees must be an American .

Cracks me up.

I love it when people just assume everyone who disagrees must be an American .

Cracks me up.

Like I said yesterday. If Tiger Woods and Ian Poulter are playing matchplay. Ian misses a putt and has 16 inches and Tiger walks off the green and Poulter picks it up, the same people screaming "but its the rules" would have a very different take.

Like I said yesterday. If Tiger Woods and Ian Poulter are playing matchplay. Ian misses a putt and has 16 inches and Tiger walks off the green and Poulter picks it up, the same people screaming "but its the rules" would have a very different take.

Yep.

It's pretty comical really.

Silver lining is that people are fired up and talking women's golf.

I'd enjoy that scenario a lot more... because then I could laugh at Tiger's "competitiveness" and laugh even harder at poulter raking it and losing.

Only better scenario for me would be this action between bubba and poulter. That would make for great conversation.

Very well said!!!

I think it's pretty telling when you have golfing greats from both Europe and the USA speaking out against the actions of SP. It's not just Americans who are condemning those actions.

I think SP's apology was sincere but also made because of the backlash she has received from social media and other professional golfers. Having said that, it does take a big person to apologize the way she did without trying to justify her actions.

I think it's pretty telling when you have golfing greats from both Europe and the USA speaking out against the actions of SP. It's not just Americans who are condemning those actions.

I think SP's apology was sincere but also made because of the backlash she has received from social media and other professional golfers. Having said that, it does take a big person to apologize the way she did without trying to justify her actions.

Nahhh its not telling. Whats telling is that SP has been dragged down into the mud and now forced to apologize or she d have no more work in the US.

Its funny that you think that.

So what if Lee hadn't raked the ball and Petersen and Hull are both standing on the next tee box wondering where their opponents are? Do they come back and say, "Now we're here to see you make that putt"? Ball stopped, Hull and caddy took off.

I hope during singles, any putt that was conceded by Petersen, Stanford asked, "Are you sure?"

Very true. I didn't understand what happened because of the crowd noise in the video. Rule of thumb though I always stay there if I expect the person to putt during a match.

Nahhh its not telling. Whats telling is that SP has been dragged down into the mud and now forced to apologize or she d have no more work in the US.

So Laura Davies condemning what SP did says nothing to you? Interesting...

Nobody is debating whether or not Lee picking up the ball was a violation here, only that SP's actions (walking towards the next hole until realizing Lee just picked up the ball) were not within the spirit of the event, nor the game itself. So to me, it's pretty telling when you have prominent professional golfers on both sides of the pond saying that SP was in the wrong with her actions.

To each their own though.

Heck the Euros could have thought this up as a gamesmanship tactic coming up the fairway . Hey let's walk off and see what she does and we might grab a freebie. . jk

2015 Solheim Cup

So Laura Davies condemning what SP did says nothing to you? Interesting...

Nobody is debating whether or not Lee picking up the ball was a violation here, only that SP's actions (walking towards the next hole until realizing Lee just picked up the ball) were not within the spirit of the event, nor the game itself. So to me, it's pretty telling when you have prominent professional golfers on both sides of the pond saying that SP was in the wrong with her actions.

To each their own though.

Stop it with the facts.

It's just Americans being typical Yanks

I read someone say as Hull walked off, whoever follows the group announcing the score started going and then Lee picked up the ball. Anyone got access to the video that can confirm or deny? If the scorekeeper starts yelling what happened on the hole, they probably thought Hull taking off to the next hole was a concession, too.

... except Gervais isn't funny...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I read someone say as Hull walked off, whoever follows the group announcing the score started going and then Lee picked up the ball. Anyone got access to the video that can confirm or deny? If the scorekeeper starts yelling what happened on the hole, they probably thought Hull taking off to the next hole was a concession, too.

i heard the same, he started saying "The Hole is...." and was stopped by SP emphatically waving her arms & saying we did not give that (or something similar)

At this point not any of it matters though, its over USA won

i heard the same, he started saying "The Hole is...." and was stopped by SP emphatically waving her arms & saying we did not give that (or something similar)

At this point not any of it matters though, its over USA won

Funny its the americans making a big deal after they won it anyway

Back