SkyTrak and The Golf Club (TGC) simulator build

I am looking into the skytrak upgrade from my current optishot. Can someone give me some info on what the best simulator package would be for multi player mode? I typucally have friends over when I play and we compete against each other. Also, I will be using it on a laptop mirroring to projector. I see the wgt doesn't support anything except iOS and is single player only. Thanks for any help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Also, I read about online tournaments that happen quite often using jnpg. Does this support mukti player format? In other words, could a group of four of us at NY house compete in the online tournament simultaneously?

I am looking into the skytrak upgrade from my current optishot. Can someone give me some info on what the best simulator package would be for multi player mode? I typucally have friends over when I play and we compete against each other. Also, I will be using it on a laptop mirroring to projector. I see the wgt doesn't support anything except iOS and is single player only. Thanks for any help!

My dad has SkyTrak and TGC. With TGC you can play match play, stroke play, stableford and 4 ball. If we have 4 players we usually play 4 ball. Don’t have any experience with JNPG so can’t help you there.

My dad has SkyTrak and TGC. With TGC you can play match play, stroke play, stableford and 4 ball. If we have 4 players we usually play 4 ball. Don’t have any experience with JNPG so can’t help you there.
Thank you. Any experience with the online tournaments? What's your overall thoughts on the setup? Seem pretty accurate?

Thank you. Any experience with the online tournaments? What's your overall thoughts on the setup? Seem pretty accurate?

I have not played the online tournament. My dad has played a couple and liked them. Overall thoughts are the graphics are pretty good, there are tons of great courses and I’d say it’s very accurate (putting being the least accurate). Now I wouldn’t compare it to a GC2, but SkyTrak does just fine for me. Distances, shot shape all pretty good.

Thanks again! Thats also what I'm trying to weigh. If the gc2 is worth double the price. I tend to get paralysis by analysis when researching stuff like this!!

Also, I read about online tournaments that happen quite often using jnpg. Does this support mukti player format? In other words, could a group of four of us at NY house compete in the online tournament simultaneously?

Yes as long as they all have a separate account on the online golf tour. Jnpg is superior to TGC for multiplayer for sure.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks again! Thats also what I'm trying to weigh. If the gc2 is worth double the price. I tend to get paralysis by analysis when researching stuff like this!!

Gc2 is worth the price if you want to play online tournaments for sure.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Hey ya'll! I finally got back to Indiana. My wife agreed to the 1 term and condition of moving back, I'm building a simulator. Started with the idea of a small OptiShot setup, but it ballooned into it's current state with my father-in-law and uncle-in-law wanting to get in on the action.

Here's what we're working with.

SkyTrak
TGC
R-Motion swing analyzer
Epson 1060 Home Cinema 3LCD (didnt have BenQ in stock)
TrueStrike L/R hitting mat
Carlofet hitting screen
SportNetting net
Blackout mat from Amazon
Custom cage
Custom computer

Picking up the pipe/fittings today for the cage. We are going to be building that Friday/Saturday. Hopefully golfing on Sunday!

https://i.imgur.com/exWvk8y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Zqy5w0b.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GRX1wNo.jpg

How much money do you have invested in your setup if you dont mind me asking?

After it was all said and done, we're sitting around $7,000ish give or take.

Rough estimate though...
$3200 SkyTrak, TGC, and R-Motion
$1200 Hitting mat area
$1700 Computer/projector/cabling
$1000 netting + cage + screen + everything else

Here are a couple pictures of things finished.

The bottom corner of the netting I'm re-securing this weekend so it'll be flat again.

f36fa92bfe19b1560138d85f05b088f4.jpg
05c191815cd262b1e98ca6b9ae83b98e.jpg
bb405d25f027348dae1edbe871929651.jpg
8d90a36f92b1fb5e2a9bd520fae4746c.jpg
b7a3f55c52e3aba47c9e1f22fc5c3e44.jpg
64a14d4638cd7d34e77dc6671e265691.jpg
eb17f1e713756bd049263ca2d9bc971b.jpg
2ec8bd67b42536a4a021932a52baecb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Looks great. Welcome to sim golf. I love my TrueStrike. Good choice.

Looks great. Welcome to sim golf. I love my TrueStrike. Good choice.
Thanks!

Yea I dont think I'll ever own another hitting mat. Its so comfortable to hit off of. Its deceiving to only hit one 120 (50-60% rough, etc..) when you feel like you flushed it though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back