The best shot of the round

Nice spin for sure! But wouldn't you rather leave it pin high?

sent from my Samsoon S5 from the bottom of a mud hole
Yeah. I was impressed with the spin. Not pleased with the result, but it was a good shot.

#4 on the 9 hole executive walking-only course at my home club is a 350y hard dogleg left par 4. Cutting the corner is not allowed for safety reasons (local rule - the fairway for #7 on the main course plays in the corner of the dogleg) so it is a true par 5 with no real option for getting there in 2 - not for me, anyway.

I've been walking this course at least once a week in the summers since 2008 and have NEVER 1) hit the green in regulation, or 2) made better than bogey.

Yesterday I hit 5i off the tee to the corner and then laid up to 125y just off the FW. The green is guarded in front w/ a bunker. Shot was upwind so I grabbed 9i, choked up a touch and let it fly.

number%204.jpg

The ballmark is dead on the line I chose and below the hole (green slopes hard towards the front bunker). Two putted for my first ever par on this hole.

260 yard drive down the center of the fairway after slicing the last 9 holes. (my longest drive so far) second best shot was a 180 yard shot with a 7 wood to 20 yards short of the green.

120y Par 3. Water short and left, bunker short right and long right. Pin was left center and wind right-to-left. Aimed at the center of the green with my PW and had this left for birdie...

FullSizeRender.jpg

Made the birdie putt :bananadance:

Well, I'm only on hole #7, but I already know my best shot. I dunked my approach for eagle on #3 from 30 yards! No green, just cup. First time ever!

I got stuck behind a tree with branches in the way... I was about 115yards from the pin, used my 7i to perform a punch shot which ended up 3 feet from the cup!

9i from 149. i hit it, lifted up my eyes to see the ball and said "get in." yes, i admit that's douchey. but the ball finished 1' from the hole. pretty sweet!

Approach shot on 18 from 135 out. Ball mark was 3 inches from hole and ball rolled out about 3 feet for an easy birdie.

Uphill 180 yd approach on the #1 hcp hole, after a 240yd drive. 5i to 12 ft. past the hole.
Left the bird 1/2 rotation short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing Douchey about what you said, it was a great shot.
9i from 149. i hit it, lifted up my eyes to see the ball and said "get in." yes, i admit that's douchey. but the ball finished 1' from the hole. pretty sweet!

Nothing Douchey about what you said, it was a great shot.

haha, thanks! as well as i hit driver, irons and wedges today, this putting problem is really holding me back. it's terrible.

haha, thanks! as well as i hit driver, irons and wedges today, this putting problem is really holding me back. it's terrible.
You did hit the ball ridiculously well all day, if you told me you finished with a 75 it wouldn't have surprised me.

My best shot was probably my tee shot on the first part 3, put a nice high PW to 8 feet or so then stuck the birdie.

I had some other nice iron approaches but none of them ended in birdie.

You did hit the ball ridiculously well all day, if you told me you finished with a 75 it wouldn't have surprised me.

My best shot was probably my tee shot on the first part 3, put a nice high PW to 8 feet or so then stuck the birdie.

I had some other nice iron approaches but none of them ended in birdie.

but for a few holes, you were murdering your driver today! I hate that humps and bumps in the fairway gave you bad lies. you posted a good number, but you played even better than you scored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opening hole 545 yard par 5. Didn't hit the best tee shot and would up 270 out. No wind, to speak of and playing those Super Softs for the second round and didn't know close I could get it. Took my F45 4 wood and put a great swing on it. Hit just in front of the green and released to hole high. Unfortunately missed the put. Those Super soft balls really go well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#14 - 383y dogleg right par 4 with water guarding the green. 3rd hardest hole on the course.

Hit a nice fade with the driver and had 150 into the wind to get home. Took 6i and hit a low draw to 10 feet. Two putts for my first par ever on this hole.

Par 3 12th. 159 to the flag into the wind. Full 8-iron to a few feet and I made the putt. The pic is from the back of the green

417029313e7479587137ccafd0e65685.jpg

Par 4 10th hole. Stuck an 8iron to 18 inches and drained the bird.
The best thing about that shot is that I had not birdied that hole all year.

110 out 51* to 2 feet and made the birdie

180 yd, slightly uphill, 6 iron to 9 feet. Made the putt for my only birdie yesterday.

not sure which would be the best shot but they were all on the same hole,

220 yd drive to center fairway just past the 150 marker.
130+ yd 6 iron hit the front of the green and rolled to the back
~12 foot slight break from right to left putt to the hole for my first ever Birdie!

30 yd chip to a couple of inches that burned the edge, almost a birdie to save par on a Par 3

Just about drove a 276 par 4 dogleg left yesterday. I put it in a bunker 3 yards short of the green. Amazing part was I had to hit a draw and I actually executed that shot when I needed to.

Today was a toughie. Might have been the 5 iron I hit with 182 in. Wind coming hard off the left. Played a draw right at it to account for the wind and put it to 20 feet just left of the pin. No one made the putt though.

Either this knock down 8i
b542d086df248dca253df27f98ff16f4.jpg

Or the 2h from 232 that put me 15ft for eagle.

Playing in a 3 person scramble, chipped in for eagle on the 5th hole. I take full credit for the eagle as it was my drive, my 2nd shot and my chip in...haha

Back