Portable Battery Chargers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am becoming more and more in need of these because gadgets hi-tech does not match the battery power in the devices. For years I have looked for largest I could find, but with travel now size is a concern. There are so many good ones out there, but there are also form factor concerns and every user is different.

Just picked up this guy, as it has lightning and micro-usb built right in.

41uKchFiJoL._AA160_.jpg

This one is also a travel router.

61DMpq2ObGL._SX425_.jpg

Also have a couple of really large ones, but only take those when its very much needed.
What are you using?

Timely thread. I have two but the one that is easy to carry in my pocket just died - it lasted all of about 2 months - POS!!! I need to find a good portable, light one that fits into my pocket easily.

I use this one that I recently picked up. Has enough battery to charge my Iphone 6 at least 3 times. I like that it has 2 ports so that I only needed to bring one wall plug and I could charge my phone/iWatch overnight.

That and the price is nice @ $18.

I have a big brick that I think it like to use when I travel. Need to get one of those smaller tube kinds. Something I can easily fit in that 5th pocket of my pants.

• Admin
I have a big brick that I think it like to use when I travel. Need to get one of those smaller tube kinds. Something I can easily fit in that 5th pocket of my pants.

See the one in the first post (the gold one), its really small.

Used this one a couple years ago until I lost it. It worked great, but the only gadget I ever had with me was my iPhone, so for #TheGauntlet, I purchased an external battery case. My battery never got below 50% all weekend after playing music and updating the live update thread constantly.
41r2gp94uGL._SX385_.jpg

61g5DVlp6dL._SX425_.jpg

I have this one:

31T94b0XiZL._SY300_.jpg

Works quite well.

Picked this one up 'cuz I was going to out and about all day and didn't have one with me. $15. It's worked pretty well. I take it with me to golf when I use a phone app (Hole19) for yardage.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sky-Tech-Onn-4-400mAh-Power-Bank/37700840

The Sky Tech Onn 4,400mAh Power Bank charges your tablet, smartphone, MP3 player, portable gaming system and Bluetooth device anywhere.

Sky Tech Onn 4,400mAh Power Bank:

• Charges your tablet, smartphone, MP3 player, portable gaming system and Bluetooth device anywhere
  • Capacity: 4,400mAh
Specifications
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Model No.: ONA14WI018
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 1.3
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 7.1 x 4.54 x 5.92
Walmart No.: 552297794

k2-_6f892687-ad08-4a83-a750-aa7bb257b25a.v1.jpg

Occasionally I need to top up my phone and the freebie battery charger charger that was included in a case of BUD LIGHT has served me well for over a year now.

I picked up a myCharge earlier this year and it does pretty well. I like that it is thin and will fit in my pocket along with the iphone. The only downside for me is it takes a while to re-charge plugged in to my laptop. I will give me at least two full charges on my phone.

41ZSjV0YAfL.jpg

Bought two of these when they were on sale. Haven't had to use them much, but they work as advertised. A little bulky, but that is not a big concern for me.

Gurus,
Do most phones only handle 1 or 2 amps from the charging devise? So, you can be a charger that sends out 2amps. But, if you phone only handles 1amp, it's wasted cost?
Is the amp number on a charger (Capacity: 4,400mAh) basically how much "energy" that has. And the larger the number to more charges it can handle before the charger needs to be recharged?

I just picked up a dual set of smaller chargers from Costco for $29. I'll post pics tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cheapest one I could find. It's just a battery after all.

Last week I was at Dave and busters and I collected enough tickets to pick one of these up. Its crappy Chinese junk but it is working for now. That's all I got

Gurus,
Do most phones only handle 1 or 2 amps from the charging devise? So, you can be a charger that sends out 2amps. But, if you phone only handles 1amp, it's wasted cost?
Is the amp number on a charger (Capacity: 4,400mAh) basically how much "energy" that has. And the larger the number to more charges it can handle before the charger needs to be recharged?
Yes, a phone can only handle so much amperage before it just overkill, and can be bad for the battery. Most new phones will handle the 2.1.

And yes the higher the mah the more capacity it has. If you have a 2200 mah battery on your phone the 4400 charger should full it up twice before needing charged.
The cheapest one I could find. It's just a battery after all.
True but the cheapest one will probably take longer to charge up, and charge your phone much slower as well.

I have a 10000 mah Ravpower charger that works very well. It's smaller than my phone height and width wise, but about 2-3x as thick do it isn't comfortable to carry in your pocket. I never use it anymore because my phones battery life is strong enough I virtually never have to recharge during the day. If I end up sticking with the iPhone I will probably invest in a skinnier one.

The Volt Ready in the 1st post just arrived and is freaking tiny. About the size of a credit card and has both micro USB and Lightning adapters built in. So far I like it.

The Volt Ready in the 1st post just arrived and is freaking tiny. About the size of a credit card and has both micro USB and Lightning adapters built in. So far I like it.
Yeah I need to add something more like that, what is the capacity?

I use the energy shot I got at golfsmith. it;s good for an 80% charge each time for me. I think the retail is $19.99 I got it for $11 I'm happy with it for what I paid.

Back