Project X
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's Fitting Experience

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Well I reached out to the store manager Monday morning, at the email they suggested and never received a response. As said before I did not want anything but if I managed this store I would have responded. I do not believe in public bashing of a locally owned store but if anyone wants to know where this was, feel free to message me. I will say the store was in PA. I live in NY bit I am out in the middle of nowhere so any golf shop is over an hour drive. I did go to Woods to Wedges and I had an excellent experience. The fitting took about an hour and their studio was well organized and truly excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:

DucatiGirl (03-24-2018), mancest (03-24-2018), Maric (03-24-2018), myspinonit (03-24-2018)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts
    I can't believe that the manager didn't respond. Glad you found a place that did a professional job. Did you end up buying? If so, what?

Handicap
    OOB 8.6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
    Thank you all for the responses and confirming my initial thoughts. Can anyone recommend a person or shop in the Buffalo, NY area that would provide a good fitting.

Man that fitting sounded so bad! If I were you I'd take myself across the border to TXG in Toronto and they should have you sorted in no time. Have a look at the YouTube site and the fittings they do, its fast becoming my favourite YT site, some amazing stuff.

I'm off to visit Toronto in late spring so I'm going to try and get a fitting when visiting.
    It is more satisfying to be a bad player at golf. The worse you play, the better you remember the occasional good shot.

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maric View Post
    I can't believe that the manager didn't respond. Glad you found a place that did a professional job. Did you end up buying? If so, what?
    I bought a set of G400 irons. When they took the time to get everything right for me I could not hit a bad shot with those irons, I can’t wait to try them out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:

DucatiGirl (03-24-2018)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blame Me View Post
    Man that fitting sounded so bad! If I were you I'd take myself across the border to TXG in Toronto and they should have you sorted in no time. Have a look at the YouTube site and the fittings they do, its fast becoming my favourite YT site, some amazing stuff.

I'm off to visit Toronto in late spring so I'm going to try and get a fitting when visiting.
    This place looks worth the visit. I have never been to Toronto, I may take a road trip one day.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:

Blame Me (03-24-2018)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
    Well I reached out to the store manager Monday morning, at the email they suggested and never received a response. As said before I did not want anything but if I managed this store I would have responded. I do not believe in public bashing of a locally owned store but if anyone wants to know where this was, feel free to message me. I will say the store was in PA. I live in NY bit I am out in the middle of nowhere so any golf shop is over an hour drive. I did go to Woods to Wedges and I had an excellent experience. The fitting took about an hour and their studio was well organized and truly excellent.

Glad you found someone and made a purchase based on that experience. I, like you, live nowhere close to a reputable fitter and a good shop is about an hour plus away so I know what you are up against. Again, glad your second fitting was a good one.
    Driver- G400 Max Alta 55
    Fairway- King F7 Pro 65
    HYB- XR Steelhead H4 Ozik Program F15
    Irons- CF16 5-AW Recoil F3
    Wedge-Milled Grind 56* Aerotech i95
    Wedge- CBX 58* Aerotech i95
    Putter- TEI3 LS SS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to buckeyewalt For This Useful Post:

DucatiGirl (03-24-2018)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    632 Posts
    Can I ask. How much did the first fitting cost ?

Maybe he rushed it because he had to poop

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    Sorry for the bad experience that I wouldn't even call a fitting.

I know I'm an old guy in this crowd, but I think one is always better served by trying to raise concerns by phone rather than email if possible. In this case you could call the responsible manager directly.

You can't be sure, especially if it is somewhat of a generic email box, if they are opened regularly, or opened by another staffer (even the guy who you saw). I'd be especially leery of good management practices including just good email practices if the manager allows such a sloppy fitting area. You can always followup what was discussed/agreed (or disagreed) by email after. That also serves better IMO if one then decides to take the issue to a higher authority in the case of a chain etc.

Even for online negative reviews (TripAdvisor etc) I think they have a lot more punch if the reviewer outlines step taken by himself to address the issues when they occurred.
    Ping G400 SFT 12° Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi 60
    Ping G400 SFT 16°(@ small -) Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi 60
    Ping G SFT 19° (@ small -) Alta 65
    Ping G Hybrids 22° & 26° Alta 70
    Miura PP9003 6-PW Steelfiber i70
    Vokey SM5 49.07 F, SM6 54.10 S & 58.08 M
    Steelfiber i80
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5 CB 34"