Back in the saddle

Nice round, good luck the rest of the way!

The rough on that course is no joke right now. I'm not sure if they topped it prior to the event, but it was long enough to lose it if you missed the fairway. 3in Bermuda rough is not fun to hit out of!

Great, now I'm going to have nightmares. Thanks for that.

Nice to see Freddy. A round that slow would kill me.

We teed off at 830, I turned in our cards at 155pm. I can only blame myself for the score (86). We had to look for one guys ball on everyhole. A fee times I hit the green and didn't putt for 15 minutes. No Marshall and I was called a MF by a member for holding them up. Mind you I was in the cart already completed the hole.

Take aways: just because you have the distance to reach a par 5 doesn't mean you should always go for it. Stay with alignment process. Hit 12 of 14 fairways. Yes I shot that score from the fairways....ugh. dust off and get ready for next event.

Good for you dude, I know it's not the round you wanted but with the waiting it sounds like you had to do, I understand the distractions that creep in, plus you had a pretty good layoff earlier in the year with your hip. Now you have something to measure yourself against dude, you'll get it back quickly Freddie, no doubt.

12 of 14 fairways. Yes I shot that score from the fairways....ugh.

not hitting greens? that pace would be awful. Hope you keep doing these and taking us on the ride with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry it turned out to be such a long round, but, hope it was fun. If nothing else, it should tune you up for coming out this weekend and hammering some internet golfers like us over at Disney. :alien: Really looking forward to seeing you buddy.
I appreciate thp and thprs so much after today. I had the worst time I've had on the golf course since the 90s. It just showed me that playing in and with THP is where it's at!

I appreciate thp and thprs so much after today. I had the worst time I've had on the golf course since the 90s. It just showed me that playing in and with THP is where it's at!
3:45 rounds with me, Chris and Jim sounded alot better about 4:30 hours into your round didn't it?

Did your brother from another mother warm up to you?

Congrats Freddie, way to get back out there!

Looking at the scores it would appear that one dude may have been responsible for the slow play. An 8 capper firing a 110?!?! What is the story with that one?
He was titleist to the max, swung out of his shows and we searched for his ball on all but 3 holes.

Ward is right, the rough is brutal and at least a 1/2 shot depending on where you find it.

Good for you dude, I know it's not the round you wanted but with the waiting it sounds like you had to do, I understand the distractions that creep in, plus you had a pretty good layoff earlier in the year with your hip. Now you have something to measure yourself against dude, you'll get it back quickly Freddie, no doubt.
Dude I think other could hear my thoughts. It was so painful but I tried to stay in it. The 9 from 240 on par 5 was the air out of my sails. Oh, I didn't swing the club for 15 minutes after my tee shot...lol but I really think it was the 4 bunker shots that sealed that score. Hahahaha

No way to get into a rhythm with that nonsense going on. Shake it off, dude. I know you will play better next time.

not hitting greens? that pace would be awful. Hope you keep doing these and taking us on the ride with you!

Dude I had half sw into 13 and laid the sode over it. I had PW 3 times and missed the green. Ugh..no rythum and what a waste being in the fairway. But I'll keep at it.

Dude I had half sw into 13 and laid the sode over it. I had PW 3 times and missed the green. Ugh..no rythum and what a waste being in the fairway. But I'll keep at it.

hate that for you. but you have a baseline, and you have a massive upside. I can't wait to see you drop the hammer next time.

Kind of sounds like the start you had at Eldorado way back when.....minus the slow play and searching for balls aspect. Get em next time Tiger!

And you are a big part of this family.

Kind of sounds like the start you had at Eldorado way back when.....minus the slow play and searching for balls aspect. Get em next time Tiger!
I've seen better days on the par 5s, 8 over on the day and could reach two

I'm still a huge Panda fan!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad to see you back in the game. Just remember, "It's a process"

Dude I think other could hear my thoughts. It was so painful but I tried to stay in it. The 9 from 240 on par 5 was the air out of my sails. Oh, I didn't swing the club for 15 minutes after my tee shot...lol but I really think it was the 4 bunker shots that sealed that score. Hahahaha

Paging RFC...Panda needs some Wedgeucation! :act-up:

You kept it together better than most of us would have based on that description. Glad that you got out in a competitive environment again and if you do it again, we'll be here to support you!

Paging RFC...Panda needs some Wedgeucation! :act-up:

You kept it together better than most of us would have based on that description. Glad that you got out in a competitive environment again and if you do it again, we'll be here to support you!
I'm back in it a couple weeks from now. Maybe next Monday.

That amount if waiting and not being able to get a rhythm sux. Looking forward to following along.

You're giving me some inspiration to do the same Freddie, it's been a long time since I've done anything competitive and my last matchplay event proved how poor my game is both mentally and physically. Go gettem next week buddy.

Well then we're looking forward to your potential trip up here. We've got THPers chomping at the bit to tee it up with you.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Well then we're looking forward to your potential trip up here. We've got THPers chomping at the bit to tee it up with you.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Is a weekday going to dampen the mood?

Back