The Golf Ramble Thread

I absolutely love the game of golf, but after the wind gets to ~15mph or so, I'd really rather just sleep in. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate wind.

I absolutely love the game of golf, but after the wind gets to ~15mph or so, I'd really rather just sleep in. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate wind.
Its every saturday now

If it makes you feel any better, at least you didn't have to wear a toque on the course this morning because it was so cold.

I'll take the wind most days, but the cold drives me crazy.

If it makes you feel any better, at least you didn't have to wear a toque on the course this morning because it was so cold.

I'll take the wind most days, but the cold drives me crazy.

The trick is to move to 'muuurca. Minus the stupid wind.

I love playing in the elements. Wind, rain, cold...it just adds a whole new layer. I have more than a few screws loose though.

I hate the wind I would rather the rain. my game sucks right now so it doesn't really matter what the weather is.

Oh I tried the driver and we did not get along today.
Lol that's the worse. Had two rounds of that back in August. Pull hook city, so I went over to the range and hit some giant banana slices to get the feel of not shutting the club face down so hard.

I wonder how often things like cart brakes are checked/repaired.

Our city course yesterday, the 3 carts we had, and the 2 in the group behind us, none of the parking brakes worked, and even then regular braking was hit and miss. It seems to be a more and more common theme around here. I haven't had a cart this year with a properly functioning parking brake.

Weird.

I can't think of a time I've ever had a cart the brake didn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weird.

I can't think of a time I've ever had a cart the brake didn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually encounter it once a year or so, but this year it has been bad. Parking brakes that won't engage, brakes that when right to the floor do little to nothing.

Jacqui got her first ever eagle today. 89 yards for a 3.

I am typically a bogey golfer - mostly because physically I just can't practice much. I went out Sunday and shot an 81 - with 4 friggin' 3 putts! Three of them were in a row on 7,8 & 9.The greens were sooo slow and soft, which left marks all over the greens, and I faced some long putts after GIR's - I just couldn't get the ball to the hole. I know I should be ecstatic with that round - but I keep thinking what could have been. Stupid game!

I shot 10 over yesterday... JUST ON FOUR PAR 3s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Never have I had such a bad streak of par 3's. I took a 6,6,6,4... No GIR's, poor pitching and 3 putted 3 of them! I ended with a 95 but I could have broke 90 if it weren't for those par 3's.

there was just a random cart parked in the middle of the fairway last night at my League. Really not a big deal just weird seeing a cart with no bags and no one around it..

Went on a streak from hole 5-13 where I could not make a two foot putt. Or I would run a four footer by four or five feet.

Got it back the last five holes, but the damage had already been done.

there was just a random cart parked in the middle of the fairway last night at my League. Really not a big deal just weird seeing a cart with no bags and no one around it..

That happened on Saturday when we played... only the random cart was the Drink Cart, and it was empty.

I've seen that here. Sometimes people will just pair up and leave a cart. It's so odd, since we have a hard time getting people to pair up on the first tee.

I've seen that here. Sometimes people will just pair up and leave a cart. It's so odd, since we have a hard time getting people to pair up on the first tee.
Are you kidding, they just leave a cart setting out there?

I've seen it done when a cart dies, I can't imagine the kind of prick that just abandons a cart because he wants to.

Are you kidding, they just leave a cart setting out there?

I've seen it done when a cart dies, I can't imagine the kind of prick that just abandons a cart because he wants to.
Not often, just a couple of times over several years, but yeah, we've had to go out and get it.

Every single club spot in my bag is a different company. That's insane to think about because at this time last year all I wanted was a matching top to bottom bag haha. So much for that.

At the same time though, this has been the happiest and most content I have ever been with my equipment. Funny how things work out. Thanks THP.

Had a head-to-head stroke play matchup with my main competition for our FedEx Cup-style points race. We were so close going in that whoever played better yesterday took the title.

I ended up losing by four shots (74-78), but even though I did lose, I always take so much away from our matchups. Our games are so vastly different, where I can make a bad round look better than it was and he makes a good round look like a total struggle. In essence, he is the ultimate grinder. So mentally tough and can almost will the ball in the hole when he needs it. Admittedly, this is my toughest style to play against because you might think that you'll pick up a shot here or there, but he slams the door shut with a great recovery or making a long putt.

Yesterday, I was up by one on #13 and I destroyed my drive but got a terrible kick that put me in a horribly difficult lie. He saw my trouble then dropped his 242 yard approach to 2 feet for a kick in eagle while ended up taking a penalty and scrambling my ass off for a par. Still, it was a two shot swing that put me down by one. I knew getting that one shot back against him would be really difficult, but then he drains a 40 foot hard breaking birdie putt on #14 and I just miss my 15 footer to put him up by two and essentially lock it all up. He parred out and I took bogeys on 17 & 18 from pressing to make birdies.

His kind of golf is the golf I need in my game. It is such a great learning experience to compete against people like that, even though it can be brutally difficult to take while on the course. Things like this can only help to make me better though, and I appreciate the ass whoopin he can put on me.

It's almost the end of the season and I'm murdering my driver and having a lot of fun doing so.

Back