New clubs range time or just go for it

Sposey549

Golfaholic
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
How many take new irons out for some range time before actually playing or do most just go out and play a round?

I took my last set out of the box and straight to their first round the next morning. Didn't go as I expected, but a few range sessions later and having them adjusted to my specs and they are the best set of irons I have ever owned for my particular game.

JM

Well my last set had some range time first....but only an hour or so prior to a round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well my last set had some range time first....but only an hour or so prior to a round.

You lucky SOB!

Depends on when I get them. If I have time between arrival of clubs and my next round I get in range time.

Go for it. Sometimes the first round can be ugly though (even with hitting the range first), so be prepared lol.

Range time followed by a round or 3. Gotta get the new sticks in play.

Go for it. That's the best place to figure them out.

My last set of irons went straight to the course, I have not looked back.

My last set saw almost a full month of range sessions before they hit the course. My current set came straight off of the truck and to the course the next day. The specs were dead on my prior set. The only difference was the shafts so the transition was flawless.

I guess I'm like everyone else. I'm like a kid with a new toy, about a hour range before round. No better way to see how you do with them like playing 18.

Ive done it both ways and havent noticed a difference, I tend to shoot the same no matter what clubs im playing.

Always range first.

Depends on the season, if I can get out on a course, out on a course, if it's. BAd weather straight to the range

What ever opportunity comes first.

I would at least hit a warm up bucket before the first round but other than that hit the course.

I hit the simulator three times and took great pains to catalog my distances with a variety of swings. So once I hit the course I had very little adjustments to make.

Range time first. Although it probably doesn't matter all that much with my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My clubs went to the range first as they were fitted so had different specs to the previous set that wasn't fitted to me

Range time first.

How many take new irons out for some range time before actually playing or do most just go out and play a round?

I demo on the course for a week or so along with the range, before I buy anything.

I've always admired the guy that can grab a set of new sticks and go out and shoot close to his normal score, for me it's a lot of range time getting to know each other and even then there's no guarantee I can make a permanent switch.

I can do either. But prefer just a small amount of range time. During most of my mid week 9s are played with no range time. So, if I only had time to roll up and put the peg in the ground, I could do it

Back