When you putt, do you . . .

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
When you putt, do you . . .

Square shoulders to my TARGET, which may not always be the hole.

Open or closed shoulders can create variables in the stroke, making it easier to cut across or pull putts. So, square to my target line it is.

I voted other because in my head i try to line up square to the target but on camera, im always lined up way off

I put other. I square myself as best I can to my intended line so I start the ball as best I can.

I try to be square to my target...but I've noticed that my shoulders are a bit closed.

I went with 'other' as well. Just like with regular shots I hope to line my shoulders up parallel to my target line.

Oops ... I voted "square to hole," but in reality I try to square to the initial line of the putt. Either way, though, definitely not an open or angled stance.

Square shoulders to my line, I'm assuming that's what you meant...if not, my bad. Other if that's the case.

Square to my target line.

I set up my feet/hips/shoulders slightly open to target. I just find I hit my lines way better this way.

Square to target line, hips are probably a touch open.

Open or closed shoulders can create variables in the stroke, making it easier to cut across or pull putts. So, square to my target line it is.
Ditto!

I just assume that for the purposes of this poll, the hole is the target, in which case Option A.

Shoulders square to the line I want to putt on.

I always attempt to square my shoulders to my intended line.

I rarely set my shoulders directly at the hole, but I always set them directly at the line I want to start on.

Square shoulder to the line I intend to start the putt. I bend at the waist till the eyes are over the ball.

Man I look at the hole try to aim for a spot and hit the ball. My brain can't handle any more.

i put other because i square my shoulders to my intended line

Agree 100% The target may be far away from the hole if the green has a lot of elevation change, turns, etc.

Square everywhere I can!

This is well said and I agree 100%

Back