Product names and relations between companies

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm just wondering, how do you guys think the people at Winson Staff's offices think about the new cobra line's name?

the first thing that came to my mind is that they might have picks F6 to screw with WS's next release in the Feel Category.

I'd like to think that it is not the case, but I can't see WS being to happy about it. what do you guys think?

Honestly I never even related them, but could see it. How about Bridgestone launching the 815 driver last year 30 days after Callaway launched the 815 driver?

I think that companies check the trademarks and then run with it. All do their due dilligence, but things do slip through.

The second I saw 815 for Callaway, I thought Titleist. I think they do it on purpose to be honest.

umm, isn't the new Nike stuff "fly".... Like Nike Fly Pro combo....?

Honestly I never even related them, but could see it. How about Bridgestone launching the 815 driver last year 30 days after Callaway launched the 815 driver?

I think that companies check the trademarks and then run with it. All do their due dilligence, but things do slip through.

The second I saw 815 for Callaway, I thought Titleist. I think they do it on purpose to be honest.

yeah I thought about these releases too, but the F5-F6 releases being the fresh ones, I thought it would be an appropriate example.

I dont know if they think about that stuff to be honest when they pick a name, but I am pretty sure they notice it when someone else use a name that they worked hard to market.

I know we have some people from different companies that browse THP, it would be interesting to know how they pick the names.

It is interesting. I remember when Cameron showed their #7 prototype that was pretty close to the same shape as Odyssey's #7 and as a forum, me included, killed Cameron for it.

It is interesting. I remember when Cameron showed their #7 prototype that was pretty close to the same shape as Odyssey's #7 and as a forum, me included, killed Cameron for it.
I remember this.

I'm interested in this as well. I mean last year with the 815, J815, 915 was a bit wierd and Nikes new 'Fly' line is super odd. F6 now after W/S releases an F5 line? Seriously, they couldn't think of a different name?

I'm sure that anything a company can do to throw off a competitor is fair game. My guess is W/S will go M7. Better get the rights to the F8!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure that anything a company can do to throw off a competitor is fair game. My guess is W/S will go M7. Better get the rights to the F8!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If F8 is on the table, time to go with Alt+F4 for the competition. Boom more terrible jokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If F8 is on the table, time to go with Alt+F4 for the competition. Boom more terrible jokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOL'ed at this.

(In reality I shook my head in utter disgust.) :alien:

Back