Amateur golf tourneys to play in.

dgalland615

Reaction score
Handicap
So me and a friend have been saving and want to play in some big touarnaments this year. Both good golfers 3 and 4 handicaps. Anyone know of any great tourneys with good swag and on great courses? Have done the golf channel tournaments just looking for some new stuff. Thanks for advice.
This may me be being hyped following the Grandaddy but ready to play some golf lol

Last edited:
That is such an awkward handicap for tournaments. Net sucks but it will be tough to compete vs +1 - +3 caps you find in any decent level am tournaments. You guys are low enough to play in the USGA 4-ball event. Check out your local qualifier which is normally held at a half way decent course. As far as good swag you are maxed out at $700 or whatever it is in pro shop credit. That said all the money is in skins and everyone seems to look the other way anytime someone hits a 4 figure skin.

Amateurgolf.com has list of some of the bigger tournaments in Tennessee. Also check the Tennessee Golf Assocation website for info. One of the guys in my group at the Mid Am qualifier this year was from Tennessee. He said there is a pretty good tournament schedule in Tennessee so it shouldn't be hard to find some.

https://www.amateurgolf.com/Tournaments/ByState/TENNESSEE

I did The Mesquite Open, Mesquite Nevada, in back to back years a while back. Fun, multi course, multi day Am tourney held near Memorial Day weekend each year. I may go back and do it again one day.

So me and a friend have been saving and want to play in some big touarnaments this year. Both good golfers 3 and 4 handicaps. Anyone know of any great tourneys with good swag and on great courses? Have done the golf channel tournaments just looking for some new stuff. Thanks for advice.
This may me be being hyped following the Grandaddy but ready to play some golf lol

Check our your State's golf association. The competition is pretty solid in my association and the schedule is pretty good, too.

Back