Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How'd you do, Dean?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
39 front. 41 back. 4 straight bogies to end it. Missed 4 footers on 17 and 18. Still yet to crack 80. Hit it well today and putted really well until the end.

39 front. 41 back. 4 straight bogies to end it. Missed 4 footers on 17 and 18. Still yet to crack 80. Hit it well today and putted really well until the end.
Very nice rounds by both of you, way to go.

10 shots better than when we played there 2 weeks ago

It's decent, but it has the trickiest greens in the area IMO.
Hickory Stick is underwater after 2 days of non-stop rain.

It rained hard here all day yesterday, and the course was not as wet as I was expecting this morning. Guess we haven't had much rain here at all this summer.

That sux. A little surprised, the course seems like it would handle the water better than that

38 (+2) on the front (ties my 9 hole PB), and just like last time I shot 38, vomited all over myself on the back for a 48 = 86 total.

nice front 9 pete, one of these days you will put two 9 together and light it up....just want to be on your team when you do it!

That sux. A little surprised, the course seems like it would handle the water better than that
We've literally had 5' in 2 days, not muddy just standing water. Once it stops it will probably suck it right up.

Got out to Seneca Hickory Stick with Ben (darkhelmet18). I played 12 strokes better than I did at our THP outing there with a 95 today but my front 9 was a frustrating 53. I was ready to quit. The 42 on the back always pulls you back in :) Ben shot a solid 80.

Got out to Seneca Hickory Stick with Ben (darkhelmet18). I played 12 strokes better than I did at our THP outing there with a 95 today but my front 9 was a frustrating 53. I was ready to quit. The 42 on the back always pulls you back in :) Ben shot a solid 80.
Great back 9!

And tell Ben I said to "keep firing @$$holes!"

Ready to quit is an understatement. Ready to break everything in half and throw it in the drink. At one pt on the 9th I thought you were gonna blow out a vein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready to quit is an understatement. Ready to break everything in half and throw it in the drink. At one pt on the 9th I thought you were gonna blow out a vein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was getting the text messages while he was on the front 9. Based on the text messages I am surprised his clubs made the turn. :)

Heck of a back 9. Way to hang in there.

Great back 9, I had a similar round earlier in the year where I shot 52 41 and yeah after the 52 I'm not sure how I had clubs left to play the back. That back 9 is what keeps bringing us all back though!

Great back 9, I had a similar round earlier in the year where I shot 52 41 and yeah after the 52 I'm not sure how I had clubs left to play the back. That back 9 is what keeps bringing us all back though!
Thanks, knowing you can shoot scores like those on the back 9 makes front 9s like those even more frustrating.

Thanks, knowing you can shoot scores like those on the back 9 makes front 9s like those even more frustrating.

I lived with this all year. I would shoot 48 to 52 on the front and end with a 40 to 44, it's been very frustrating.

I lived with this all year. I would shoot 48 to 52 on the front and end with a 40 to 44, it's been very frustrating.
Yeah dude, but you've definitely been seeing improvement in your game. You tidy up that front 9 and you'll be consistently in the 80s.

Case in point, today's round was 81 (45/36). I don't get too excited, it's a relatively easy muni. That's like shooting a 90 on a typical course.

Yeah dude, but you've definitely been seeing improvement in your game. You tidy up that front 9 and you'll be consistently in the 80s.

Case in point, today's round was 81 (45/36). I don't get too excited, it's a relatively easy muni. That's like shooting a 90 on a typical course.

Sounds like the three of us need a round and figure out the problems...:D

Sounds like the three of us need a round and figure out the problems...:D
I'm all for it. You gonna be home for some fall golf in October?
And you've made some big strides in your game this year too, haven't you, Eric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back